Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Actually, Lennon was extremely gracious today. He had nothing but good things to say about Smith and made no comment about any other clubs. He took full responsibility for Celtic's failures. We just have to hope next season features a lot less silly point-pissing. At least we still have a decent chance of getting some silverware this season.

Didn't he manage to put his foot in his mouth again by ruining a perfectly good speech by finishing off by saying that the rest of Scottish football needs to have a look at themselves or something?

No, that was a correct statement to make.

In which way, may I ask? Is it simply a case of everyone in Scotland conspiring against Celtic, or something with actual credibility?

No, a lot of people in Scottish football actually need to have a good look at themselves. Everyone from the media to the SFA.

And you can include Neil Lennon and the Celtic fans in that group too.

As for "Why?", David, have you seen the fucking state of our game?

The "fucking state of our game" is no different to what it was before as far as the clubs outwith the Old Firm are concerned I think. Maybe Martyn and Bettencourt think differently of course.

I know it may shock the shit right out of you, but some of us aren't really concerned with what Neil Lennon, Celtic, or Rangers actually do.

My main priority (and again, Martyn can vouch for this) has been to see Motherwell finish above Aberdeen because of the Craig Brown situation. We've had numerous back & forths on the issue, but at no point has Brown been physically threatened or sent any suspect packages by Motherwell fans, nor have I felt the need to insult Martyn personally, nor him me.

There's been words in the media, ill-tempered confrontations on the touchline and so forth, but all of them are based on footballing reasons, and as such add to the excitement of the game.

In fact, I'd have much preferred to meet Aberdeen in the final this Saturday, simply because of the rivalry we have with them this season. Again, it's probably shocking to you that our number one priority isn't to "get it up" Neil Lennon.

Next season that little rivalry with the Dons won't be quite as harsh, but it was fun while it lasted. It's called a football rivalry. No other reason attached, no murders, knifings, club shops being smashed up or anything.

When Aberdeen visited Fir Park there was a lot of chanting, pointing of fingers and flashing of V signs between fans in the home & away end. The only real difference was that the police didn't have to be on edge after the game, as Aberdeen & Motherwell fans mingled with each other whilst heading for their transport home.

In short, it's you lot (and by that I mean a section of Rangers support as well as a section of Celtic support), sprinkled with some headcases from other clubs, who need to have a look at themselves. I didn't see Stuart McCall (or, as much as it pains me to say it, Craig Brown) getting sent to the stands for verbally abusing officials, making allegations about the intentions of opposing teams and so forth.

Whilst you guys have been obsessing over conspiracy theories and the actions of each other the rest of us have been getting on with business as normal, which is playing football and enjoying the football-related rivalries that come with that.

• Paid Members
As for "Why?", David, have you seen the fucking state of our game?

The "fucking state of our game" is no different to what it was before as far as the clubs outwith the Old Firm are concerned I think. Maybe Martyn and Bettencourt think differently of course.

I know it may shock the shit right out of you, but some of us aren't really concerned with what Neil Lennon, Celtic, or Rangers actually do.

My main priority (and again, Martyn can vouch for this) has been to see Motherwell finish above Aberdeen because of the Craig Brown situation. We've had numerous back & forths on the issue, but at no point has Brown been physically threatened or sent any suspect packages by Motherwell fans, nor have I felt the need to insult Martyn personally, nor him me.

There's been words in the media, ill-tempered confrontations on the touchline and so forth, but all of them are based on footballing reasons, and as such add to the excitement of the game.

In fact, I'd have much preferred to meet Aberdeen in the final this Saturday, simply because of the rivalry we have with them this season. Again, it's probably shocking to you that our number one priority isn't to "get it up" Neil Lennon.

Next season that little rivalry with the Dons won't be quite as harsh, but it was fun while it lasted. It's called a football rivalry. No other reason attached, no murders, knifings, club shops being smashed up or anything.

When Aberdeen visited Fir Park there was a lot of chanting, pointing of fingers and flashing of V signs between fans in the home & away end. The only real difference was that the police didn't have to be on edge after the game, as Aberdeen & Motherwell fans mingled with each other whilst heading for their transport home.

In short, it's you lot (and by that I mean a section of Rangers support as well as a section of Celtic support), sprinkled with some headcases from other clubs, who need to have a look at themselves. I didn't see Stuart McCall (or, as much as it pains me to say it, Craig Brown) getting sent to the stands for verbally abusing officials, making allegations about the intentions of opposing teams and so forth.

Whilst you guys have been obsessing over conspiracy theories and the actions of each other the rest of us have been getting on with business as normal, which is playing football and enjoying the football-related rivalries that come with that.

Yeah, what that Motherwell tink of whom I wish a thousand deaths upon said!

:p

No, a lot of people in Scottish football actually need to have a good look at themselves. Everyone from the media to the SFA.

Including himself.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone ANYTHING that's happened to him this season. Infact, I did feel slightly sorry for him.

But, the bottom line is, he doesn't realise when he has to simmer down. I've said it before. Old firm game after the WW3 game, and appeals for low-key actions, and appeals to make the game about the football.. What does he go and do? He does his funny wee ear thing towards the Rangers support. Surely taking it on the chin (Mowbrayisms ~) and head dignified down the tunnel, like most managers would do. Leave it be. Don't give people even more reason to hate your actions, however trivial.

Fast forward to Hearts VS Celtic at Tynecastle. Fighting in the crowd, Lenny nearly gets jumped, what does he do? Go over and applaud the fans against the wishes of the cops. Given the volatile crowd, he shoulda just disappeared down the tunnel, and left it at that.

No one deserve to have bombs sent to them, no one deserves to be attacked doing their job, no matter if you are a shop staff, train conductor, bus driver, or a football manager, no one deserves that.

BUT, Lenny is an antagonist, and needs to take a step back and realise as a figurehead of a club, it's time to stop the shenanigans that you might get away with as a player, and act like a manager.

Fair play to Lennon for what he's done this season in the face of adversity of the highest order, here's hoping for football and his sake that he learns to be a manager and acts like one.

Including himself.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone ANYTHING that's happened to him this season. Infact, I did feel slightly sorry for him.

But, the bottom line is, he doesn't realise when he has to simmer down. I've said it before. Old firm game after the WW3 game, and appeals for low-key actions, and appeals to make the game about the football.. What does he go and do? He does his funny wee ear thing towards the Rangers support. Surely taking it on the chin (Mowbrayisms ~) and head dignified down the tunnel, like most managers would do. Leave it be. Don't give people even more reason to hate your actions, however trivial.

Fast forward to Hearts VS Celtic at Tynecastle. Fighting in the crowd, Lenny nearly gets jumped, what does he do? Go over and applaud the fans against the wishes of the cops. Given the volatile crowd, he shoulda just disappeared down the tunnel, and left it at that.

No one deserve to have bombs sent to them, no one deserves to be attacked doing their job, no matter if you are a shop staff, train conductor, bus driver, or a football manager, no one deserves that.

BUT, Lenny is an antagonist, and needs to take a step back and realise as a figurehead of a club, it's time to stop the shenanigans that you might get away with as a player, and act like a manager.

Fair play to Lennon for what he's done this season in the face of adversity of the highest order, here's hoping for football and his sake that he learns to be a manager and acts like one.

Neil Lennon doesn't deserve bombs, bullets and death threats but....:laugh:

There are managers in countries all around the world with antagonistic personalites. Not one of them has had a season like Neil Lennon has experienced.

Including himself.

There are managers in countries all around the world with antagonistic personalites. Not one of them has had a season like Neil Lennon has experienced.

But when the Old firm is as volatile as it is, there should be a certain degree of decorum shown by the key figureheads of the clubs.

Including himself.

This is attitude is the worst of it. :laugh:

Neil Lennon acts no different from Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger for example. Jose Mourinho is probably actually worse than Lennon, nothing like this happens to him. Being passionate about what you do isn't a crime.

Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger are arseholes that need to look at themselves too before commenting on others. What's your point?

Yep, that comment is the same as bombs and attacks on them.

I'm not talking about any bombs. My point is purely about Neil Lennon giving the "take a look at yourselves" when he has to do the same. Of course the bombs are completely inexcusable and for most of us, it goes without saying. And I'm fucking sick of you lot reeling it out whenever people point out how much of an utter cunt Neil Lennon is, rather than accepting it.

I'm not talking about any bombs. My point is purely about Neil Lennon giving the "take a look at yourselves" when he has to do the same. Of course the bombs are completely inexcusable and for most of us, it goes without saying. And I'm fucking sick of you lot reeling it out whenever people point out how much of an utter cunt Neil Lennon is, rather than accepting it.

Explain what he has done to be "a cunt"? Questioned incorrect refereeing decisions? Supported the club he loves? Cupped his ear to chants of, "what's it like to live in fear?"? Responded to a guy acting like this to him?

iohxg6.jpg

Give me 3 things that make Neil Lennon "a cunt" that isn't a lot of shite? 3 things that he has done wrong?

Questioned incorrect refereeing decisions?

Starting with this then, because he didn't just question the decisions. He harped on and on, even MONTHS after decisions he'd complain about them, putting pressure on referees, which is pretty fucking stupid considering the pressure that they are already under. It was bordering on harrassment the way he went on.

Cupped his ear to chants of, "what's it like to live in fear?"?

Days after a letter bomb was sent? How fucking thick do you have to be to do that? And then coming out with "oh, they can't take a joke". Aye right. He knew full well what he was doing. You see, most people would just let the singing go and be the bigger man, but Neil Lennon isn't capable of that. Why? Because he's a cunt.

And then of course we can go back and look at him landing double foot stomps on the head of fellow players as well. That can be my three.

The tims have been known across football for some time as ambulance chasers (as much as they like to paint a picture that they are loved the world over, they are known equally for their love of chasing a topic for some sympathy) but this "WE ARE ALL NEIL LENNON. I AM NEIL LENNON" stuff is absolute gold. I've also spoken to a few Celtic fans that I have spoken to that have tried to brush of losing the title by saying things like "I'd rather we all supported Neil Lennon than win the league" or "The huddle at Parkhead today was better than any championship". Clearly, having won fuck all for so long, the majority of the Celtic support have forgotten what it feels like to be champions.

Incidentially "The mass huddle" was another thing blatently stolen and proclaimed as their own by the Celtic support. Even though it was clearly stolen from Manchester City who in turn stole it from lech Pozan.

Tenner says the first tim reply is "Aye, but we were doing it before Pozan. We've been doing it since the days of the Lisbon Lions" Or something along those lines.

Quote of the day yesterday went to a friend of mine who text:

"I'd rather be a runner up, than a hun"

I'd rather be a champion than a pape.

Archived