Hollie Greig - child abuse cover up

Dynamite Duane

Loki (and others), you are entitled to your opinions, you've checked out the information on this case / cause and made your decision that there is something dodgy about Hollie's mother and Robert Green My opinion differs, I don't see it that way (I've met Robert Green and others campaigning for Hollie and Anne in person and judge them to be good people, doing what they feel is the right the thing to do).

That's fair enough, but what if you're wrong? Not only have the lives of Holly Greig and her mother been destroyed by all this, but also the lives and reputations of a whole bunch of hard-working, well meaning public servants whose names are continually linked with child abuse in online blogs despite there being no evidence for it.

As you're well aware, there have been two separate enquiries into these allegations, and neither has managed to find any evidence for any of the allegations. A number of those individuals have had to resort to legal action to stop Robert Green harrassing them. Consider for a moment the impact to their lives, their families if this is all bollocks.

A down syndrome girl was sexually abused by her father, brother and other people that should have been trusted,

may have been abused - there's no physical evidence, and no circumstantial evidence either. The damage to their lives by being treated by as a cause cel

Edited by Loki

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Once again, I say - there are two scenarios -

1) close to 1,000 people. many of whom are otherwise law-abiding public servants, are perpetrating a massive conspiracy designed to cover up the actions of a small number of paedophiles

2) it's bollocks

You and your fucking logic. You're a part of the cover-up.

That's fair enough, but what if you're wrong? Not only have the lives of Holly Greig and her mother been destroyed by all this, but also the lives and reputations of a whole bunch of hard-working, well meaning public servants whose names are continually linked with child abuse in online blogs despite there being no evidence for it.

As you're well aware, there have been two separate enquiries into these allegations, and neither has managed to find any evidence for any of the allegations. A number of those individuals have had to resort to legal action to stop Robert Green harrassing them. Consider for a moment the impact to their lives, their families if this is all bollocks.

That's a very good point actually.

Has there been any kind of investigation into all of this then? Or has it been widely ignored by the authorities?

EDIT: Forget that question, I've just seen that Loki mentioned that there were two inquiries. I'm assuming they came up with nothing?

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Is there a Conspiricy/other mental bollocks the duane has'nt been sucked into?

First it was scientology, which turned out to be bollocks, then was'nt is Jehovahs witness' who said they could prove evolution was wrong......which turned about to be bollocks. Then that numbers thing, which was just pure stupidity on duanes part, and now this?

Maybe next time you get asked about anything the average person might consider "out of the ordinary" you should just ignore it, and carry on living in the real world, with the rest of us duane?

It took me so long to type up my reply, I missed this:

If the MP doesn't respond within 10 days say, send the email again and then if necessary a 3rd time. If still no response after 3 mailings, we will have to put your MP on the black-list of those who support paedophilia...

Yeah, that'll get them on board. You'll be burning down their houses and raping their wives next, all in the cause of saving the children.

• Paid Members

Ah, we've reached the point in the argument where someone has gone through quote by quote and listed an array of excellent points that refute everything Duane has said (Loki, post #106). I'll pop back in this thread in 4 months time when enough time has passed that he comes back in to bump the thread and start arguing it again, hoping that everyone has forgotten about said post and disregarding it completely. It's like having an argument with fucking Groundhog Day.

• 1 month later...

For those interested in hearing updates:

Here's the second reply from my MP

Thank you for your further email about the case of Hollie Greig. It is clearly a very disturbing case, and I understand your continued concern.

There are however rules within which MPs have to operate, no matter how compelling a case. There is a strict rule that MPs only seek to intervene in cases that relate directly to their constituents. I note that Hollie abd her mother have moved to Shropshire, and now live in Owen Paterson's constituency. He is an experienced MP, and I am sure he will do all he can to assist her.

Yours sincerly

Conor Burns

Anyone here from Shropshire? Feel free to write to Owen Paterson and ask him some questions!

And from Robert Green's blog

Mark Daly And The BBC

I was very surprised to hear Tony Rodgers announce on his radio show that on December 3rd 2010 he received an unsolicited email from BBC reporter Mark Daly which stated :

"Just wondering if you've woken up to the nasty self-publicising little conman that is Robert Green yet ?. I take it you are no longer peddling the Hollie Greig story. "

I am very grateful for the kind words which Tony used to defend me on air but I am utterly bewildered at this latest bizarre action from Daly.

It was Daly who first contacted me in April 2009, within days of the News of the World running the story that Hollie had been awarded

• Paid Members

So, presumably by your criteria, Duane, if Conor Burns doesn't throw his weight behind this campaign next time you write to him he is a paedophilia supporter?

So, presumably by your criteria, Duane, if Conor Burns doesn't throw his weight behind this campaign next time you write to him he is a paedophilia supporter?

It's not my criteria, I've simply quoted what's being said by the lady running the campaign, I do think she needs to be a bit careful what she does choose to publish.

My personal answer is no, that would be unfair, he's simply chosen not to get involved for whatever reason. I'll therefore not waste my energy with him again on this matter.

There are 649 MPs if I'm not incorrect plus of course the MSPs for people to contact in Scotland, where the alleged abuse took place. As the campaign continues to build hopefully a group of around 20 will take up the cause and get some answers. It's just a matter of numbers.

Anyway that's the latest, for those interested in writing to their representative to see what reply they receive, template letters are available on the website, it doesn't even cost a stamp, you can email, supply your address and you should receive a reply.

@Loki, obviously the inquiry you refer to wasn't satisfactory or people wouldn't still be wanting answers.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

On June 4th 2010 Daly, along with two colleagues, Kathy Long and Liam MacDougall, visited Anne and Hollie in person and the discussions lasted for more than five hours. We were told that they would return with a camera crew and that the first documentaries would be broadcast in August or September.

Six days later we were informed out of the blue that the BBC had scrapped their plans to produce the programmes. It did not make sense to me that they could reach this decision after having already expended so much time, money and effort.

I voiced the opinion in public that I believed that Daly had been pressurised by persons unknown into stopping production of the programmes. He evidently disagreed and phoned in to Tony Rodgers' show on Manchester Radio Online to put his side of the story while I was a guest in the studio...

Daly's argument was that the BBC had decided to halt production when they realised that the facts of the case were not sufficiently strong. I would have thought that the very first thing the BBC would have done before committing any resources to a project would be to establish whether there was sufficient "evidence" and the reasons which Daly gave on air to justify this decision were either irrelevant to the main allegations or else patently untrue. The most ludicrous statement Daly made was when he attempted to justify the BBC's decision by referring to the autopsy of Roy Greig, Hollie's uncle. Roy's death in suspicous circumstances was only discussed in passing and there was never any intention that this would be included in any programme. The autopsy was not released until six months AFTER the BBC had stopped production.

The fact that it only took a BBC reporter 6 days to realise that the story was bullshit should tell you something, Duane. Daly's not lying, he has no reason to lie, the truth is that he quickly realised the story didn't hang together, and in conjunction with his superiors decided to pull the plug on it.

When will you listen?

When you say the enquiry's outcome was not satisfactory, you mean that it wasn't satisfactory for those who had already convinced themselves of the truth of the allegations. It was entirely satisfactory for anyone who's not already invested too much of themselves in this to back down.

I understand you feel passionately about child abuse. That's commendable, it really is. But sooner or later you're going to have to face up to the fact that you're wrong on this one. You've been lied to by a man who has manipulated a mother and child for his own personal self-promotion. You're on the wrong side here Duane.

Edited by Loki