THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

How often do people re-read the Benoit thread in Gold? I find myself dropping in there every now and then, and it's just fascinating. It's almost like the first posts of "Being reported as homicide" or mention of the word "Murder" come with their own sinister build up music. I know it's a morbid thing to think, but it's a really great retrospective BBC Live Football-style reporting of the story and all of its developments. Its about 30 times better than most cash-in books that have/will be made about it too.

• Paid Members

I'll be honest NEWM, I re-read it on occasion (no more than once a year probably). It's just fascinating to see the truth unravel with each page.

I need to re-read the Feinstein thread, that was cracking at the time.

• Paid Members

I've read it once. I agree the best part is reading everybody eulogising over the guys legacy and going on about how much about how he seemed like a proper nice bloke etc, knowing full well what is about to be revealed in a few pages. Some of the reactions are quite extraordinary too.

The other one I've read is the 'Mania 20 thread. There were some right mental rumours floating about for that event. Two of my favourites were Vince handing power over to Shane live and WWE (finally) revamping their logo, live.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

The other one I've read is the 'Mania 20 thread. There were some right mental rumours floating about for that event. Two of my favourites were Vince handing power over to Shane live and WWE (finally) revamping their logo, live.

Just started nosing at that one after your post. I'll say this much, the UKFF has improved about forty fucking million in 9 years, hasn't it?! It's like a Yahoo Questions thread or something, with the level of emoticons and keyboard smashing going on.

• Paid Members

Just started nosing at that one after your post. I'll say this much, the UKFF has improved about forty fucking million in 9 years, hasn't it?! It's like a Yahoo Questions thread or something, with the level of emoticons and keyboard smashing going on.

It makes you appreciate the no live discussion rule, that's for sure. TAPPPP OOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't really seem out of the ordinary back then. The number of smilies hits you in the face when you open the thread.

Plus, stuff like this wouldn't see air without people rightfully rounding on it:

WrestleMania XX will be the 18th and final time dopper will see the WWE live.

There are a few different reasons I've come to this decision. A major one is the expense of trips to America or Canada for a weekend. I'd have to work in a video shop in Huddersfield to carry on doing this every year!

I also believe that unless another huge boom period for pro-wrestling comes along, no other PPV will measure up to WM-XX for a fair few years. The history surrounding the event along with dream matches and five hour duration meaning the majority of the roster should get a look in will separate it from any other WWE events for a while imo.

Self indulgance time ...

Forgetting I've already been to 3 U.S. ppvs, I'll ask myself two hypothetical questions:

1) If you could see WWE in ONE American arena, which would it be?

2) If you could see ONE WWE ppv out of the whole year, which would it be?

Answers: I'd go to Madison Square Garden to see WrestleMania.

The fact that it is the 20 year anniversary adds to the allure. I really feel that any shows after this one will end with me going, "Yeah it was good, but nowhere near as good as WM-XX"

So that's gonna be it for me, but I've seen some amazing stuff over the past 11 years.

I have seen:-

- 148 WWE matches

- matches involving 172 different wrestlers

- every WWE Champion of the last 25 years wrestle at least once, except Sid.

- 18 title changes

- a TLC Match, Streetfights, a Handicap match, 2 out of 3 falls match, Hardcore Matches, Triple Threat Matches, Four Way Dances ...

- live appearances from Motorhead, Drowning Pool, Saliva, Prince Naseem, Vinnie Jones, Lennox Lewis ...

- I became the first person to get a UKFF sign seen on a wrestling PPV.

- The second, third and fourth biggest crowds WWE have ever had (I think)

- the 1992, 2001 and 2002 PWI Match of The Year.

It's been a hell of a ride, but it ends on March 14th 2004.

He sounds like he's narrating his own fucking intro package. I edited some emoticons, obvs.

I've read the Chris Benoit thread once. Some of the posts in there are more appalling than the man himself.

I've not read the WrestleMania 20 thread, but that "Forgetting I've already been to 3 U.S. ppvs, I'll ask myself two hypothetical questions" post quoted above might be the most arrogant UKFF display I've seen. I'm gonna nick some of that style, I think.

• Paid Members

The Benoit thread makes for amazing reading in many different ways. I still maintain the Undertaker comeback thread from last year is the best thread ever on here. It's ridiculous it's not in Gold.

• Paid Members
Both Gold sections need serious updating. I sent a bunch of noms into the mods before (can't remember who specifically) and a good few of them got added in. Follow my lead people.

There was a thread a few months back for nominations which should be brought back, really. There are more than enough threads from the last couple of years that could be added.