THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

Why hasn't Tennesse Stud been banned for telling Butch to get cancer? That was probably the most offensive I've seen on here, but because he was a past poster it seemed to have been glossed over.

Have you pressed the report button? If no, then go do so.

So who reported Gladstone's post then? And if I report tiger_rick's "little shit" comment, will he suspend himself?

Of course not. So it comes down to the whim of the mods, and not the clicking of the report button.

Personally I think everyone, including rick, needs to just calm down. I know he's a new mod, and new mods tend to be a bit trigger-happy (Woy excepted) but there's really no need for all these suspensions and arguments. And when the banhammer/suspension hammer IS used, it needs to be used consistently. I notice that convicted sex offender boydy is still loose on the forum, so I'd say that sets the bar quite high personally, but that's the choice of the Admin team. As long as they are consistent and also accept the odd bit of ribbing like other posters.

• Paid Members
Why hasn't Tennesse Stud been banned for telling Butch to get cancer? That was probably the most offensive I've seen on here, but because he was a past poster it seemed to have been glossed over.

So who reported Gladstone's post then? And if I report tiger_rick's "little shit" comment, will he suspend himself?

Of course not. So it comes down to the whim of the mods, and not the clicking of the report button.

Personally I think everyone, including rick, needs to just calm down. I know he's a new mod, and new mods tend to be a bit trigger-happy (Woy excepted) but there's really no need for all these suspensions and arguments. And when the banhammer/suspension hammer IS used, it needs to be used consistently. I notice that convicted sex offender boydy is still loose on the forum, so I'd say that sets the bar quite high personally, but that's the choice of the Admin team. As long as they are consistent and also accept the odd bit of ribbing like other posters.

Boydy thing has been talked about earlier in this thread. He has served his time for his crimes. His only crimes on the forum is being a bit stupid and if they start banning people for being a bit stupid. Where are half and myself is included in that of the UKFF going to post.

You say Rick needs to calm down, maybe people need to stop acting like dicks. If people were not getting banned you would be in here moaning about it. Gladstone got banned I am not sure why but your only in here defending him because you get on with him. How many people got banned in Feb lets say 10 because I have no clue. How many times did you come in here to stick up for them? Your mate got banned he will be back and everything will go back to normal.

Keep your knickers on love.

• Moderators
who knew that the Loaded pub-smashers crew would be such whiney little bitches?? Stop fucking crying about everything.

In no way am I suggesting this comment is related, it's more of a general observation, but one of the best things about being a mod is seeing who can dish it out but not take it.

I'm not the one bitching! I've never reported a post in my life, as far as I can remember. I'm just suggesting people calm down and take the whole thing a bit less seriously. I'd like it if the modding was consistent, but I'm well aware I can't do anything about it.

• Paid Members
I'm not the one bitching! I've never reported a post in my life, as far as I can remember. I'm just suggesting people calm down and take the whole thing a bit less seriously. I'd like it if the modding was consistent, but I'm well aware I can't do anything about it.

How would you say it is inconsistent. Do you recieve all the bad reports direct to you email inbox? Maybe the people who get banned are banned because people report them. The Mods probably have some sort of policy maybe a 3 strikes and you are out. How do you know Gladstone has not pissed off people and has been reported loads of times. So the Mods could be well consistent but because you feel your mate has been harshly treated you have taken upon youself to question the integrity of the Mods.

Where are your facts about this supposed inconsistency. Oh that's right you have any. If anyone needs to calm down it's you. Go start Are the Mods trying to kill UKFF conspircacy thread with dynamite duane.

Where is this magical report button I will never use it but where the fuck is it?

• Paid Members

Woyzeck excepted? The man's a monster! He suspended me for 24 hours for making a joke about dentists!* The HEARTLESS BASTARD!

*In fairness, he gave ample warning, and I told him it was worth it when he suspended me. I also still maintain it was a damn good pun, but I was kind of daring him.

Did anyone report Gladstone though? Fair enough about the thread with Triple A, myself and Butch, because enough people on here thought it was the correct decision to suspend Butch and Triple A because there was a few posts deleted and nobody (apart from me, AAA and Butch) saw what was originally wrote. At least that one was up for debate, but for this one, I cant honestly see how Gladstone got a suspension for anything he said in the paypal thread. You even said something along the lines of not caring about what he said. This isn't even about you as a mod. This is about suspending a fairly popular member on here, for nothing. I dont think anyone's got any hatred for him on here. He's never been one to be a cunt for no reason. I just dont think you acted fairly on that one. I really dont see how anyone can defend the decision to suspended him.

If I can just say, I'm not here very often anymore and nobody probably even knows who I am but there are certain posters that I enjoy reading contributions from and Ian, Butch and Gladstone are three such examples. I have seen some real pondlife come in and go out of the UKFF, some of who seem to get away with their shenanigans for some time before any action is taken, classics which include wishing cancer or AIDS on people. I just think it's a shame that Gladstone couldn't have been taken to one side first before suspending him, after all he is clearly one of the more intelligent people that could have been reasoned with, rather than the more moronic trolls who won't listen to anything other than a ban.

This is nothing against you either Rick, as I count you as one such smart poster who provides interesting discussion. I just am a bit curious as to how the 'discipline' system on the UKFF works compared to a couple of other forums I visit.

• Paid Members
Did anyone report Gladstone though? Fair enough about the thread with Triple A, myself and Butch, because enough people on here thought it was the correct decision to suspend Butch and Triple A because there was a few posts deleted and nobody (apart from me, AAA and Butch) saw what was originally wrote. At least that one was up for debate, but for this one, I cant honestly see how Gladstone got a suspension for anything he said in the paypal thread. You even said something along the lines of not caring about what he said. This isn't even about you as a mod. This is about suspending a fairly popular member on here, for nothing. I dont think anyone's got any hatred for him on here. He's never been one to be a cunt for no reason. I just dont think you acted fairly on that one. I really dont see how anyone can defend the decision to suspended him.

If I can just say, I'm not here very often anymore and nobody probably even knows who I am but there are certain posters that I enjoy reading contributions from and Ian, Butch and Gladstone are three such examples. I have seen some real pondlife come in and go out of the UKFF, some of who seem to get away with their shenanigans for some time before any action is taken, classics which include wishing cancer or AIDS on people. I just think it's a shame that Gladstone couldn't have been taken to one side first before suspending him, after all he is clearly one of the more intelligent people that could have been reasoned with, rather than the more moronic trolls who won't listen to anything other than a ban.

This is nothing against you either Rick, as I count you as one such smart poster who provides interesting discussion. I just am a bit curious as to how the 'discipline' system on the UKFF works compared to a couple of other forums I visit.

Again what is with people today. How do you know he was not taken to one side and asked to calm it on a subject matter. He has been banned for a reason. He will be back whenever the ban is over and it will be like he never left.

I am sure there is no conspiracy people get banned for reasons. You don't know the reason because you are not a Mod.

Edited by crawlingwest

Again what is with people today. How do you know he was not taken to one side and asked to clam it on a subject matter. He has been banned for a reason. He will be back whenever the ban is over and it will be like he never left.

I am sure there is no conspiracy people get banned for reasons. You don't know the reason because you are not a Mod.

It would appear that the use of the word "crawling" in your forum name is pretty apt.