The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Opeth have just announced a new album and released a cracking new single. There's fucking growls in it, the world is healing. If this is the radio edit can't wait to hear the album version, probably be twice as long knowing them.

My band Swamp Coffin launched our new album pre-order on Wednesday and put a new single out. First time we'll releasing something on vinyl and the test pressings arrive today so I'm a bit giddy. If you like sludge with a touch of hardcore you may appreciate it. I'm the big lad who screams and plays guitar.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Members
2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

My band Swamp Coffin launched our new album pre-order on Wednesday and put a new single out. First time we'll releasing something on vinyl and the test pressings arrive today so I'm a bit giddy. If you like sludge with a touch of hardcore you may appreciate it. I'm the big lad who screams and plays guitar.

This isn't my normal cup of chippy tea but this is absolutely ace mate! I'd definitely buy a cassette as well.

Gotta support the keff lads innit.

8 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Opeth have just announced a new album and released a cracking new single. There's fucking growls in it, the world is healing. If this is the radio edit can't wait to hear the album version, probably be twice as long knowing them.

Crazy how all it took for people (not aimed you btw) to get back on the Opeth train was some growly vocals. They’ve continued to put out excellent music for the last 15 years, but a lot took the hump after Mikael decided to try something different & preserve his voice. Looking forward to the new album, but then again I always do

8 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Love the new track and I pre-ordered the vinyl yesterday. I did it through your Bandcamp page, is that where you get the best cut of the money from? 
I’ll be seeing you in December too on the Eyehategod show in Sheffield 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

30 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Crazy how all it took for people (not aimed you btw) to get back on the Opeth train was some growly vocals. They’ve continued to put out excellent music for the last 15 years, but a lot took the hump after Mikael decided to try something different & preserve his voice. Looking forward to the new album, but then again I always do

Opeth are one of my all time favourite bands and admittedly I didn't like the first all clean vocal album but Sorceress is cracking and really stands up with their earlier stuff. I generally think it's a case of folk loving Blackwater Park and Still Life and Ghost Reveries so much that they're excited there's even a hint they're doing that sort of stuff again. I really like that the 70s prog elements are there too, that plus the gutturals is a really cool sound.

32 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Love the new track and I pre-ordered the vinyl yesterday. I did it through your Bandcamp page, is that where you get the best cut of the money from? 
I’ll be seeing you in December too on the Eyehategod show in Sheffield 

Absolute lad, thank you so much! It's all much of a muchness cut wise but thanks for at least considering that side of things. We always mooch around by the merch after a set, please come over and say hello.

• Paid Members

Yeah loving that so far.

Went to Bloodstock for the day yesterday. If anyone was thinking a British double of Architects and Malevolence on top might backfire, they were way off base. Easily the two biggest crowds i've seen at Bloodstock, it was rammed.

Great day, bands were on top form.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah loving that so far.

Went to Bloodstock for the day yesterday. If anyone was thinking a British double of Architects and Malevolence on top might backfire, they were way off base. Easily the two biggest crowds i've seen at Bloodstock, it was rammed.

Great day, bands were on top form.

I’ve seen some clips of Malevolence, and yeah they seemed to be SUPER over. Bloodstock are claiming 901 crowdsurfers for their set, which is so obviously bullshit we shouldn’t even dwell  on it, but yeah they’ll certainly be back.

Ive tried with Architects, but they’re just not for me. Fair play if you dig them though

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I don't know if there's any Psychonaut 4 fans here but fuck me there's some awful news coming from over there in Georgia, they're pretty big for a black metal band and especially for a DSBM act.

There's a lot of variation in what's supposedly happened but the low down is that the vocalist Graf has given or coereced young women into doing drugs with him and two have passed away. His drug use or even doing them with fans isn't a secret but fucking hell if he pushed them into it, there's been talk of him before sending inappropriate images to kids but he claimed he had no idea how old they were...

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’ve seen some clips of Malevolence, and yeah they seemed to be SUPER over. Bloodstock are claiming 901 crowdsurfers for their set, which is so obviously bullshit we shouldn’t even dwell  on it, but yeah they’ll certainly be back.

Ive tried with Architects, but they’re just not for me. Fair play if you dig them though

Yeah, not really into Architects myself, especially the newer direction. Just very modern, overly processed metal. That said, they sounded massive on that stage and have some cracking riffs.

• 4 weeks later...

Been listening to Copse’s ‘MMXXIV’ over the weekend. 
It’s their two previous EPs put together to form an album, but it’s totally worth 40 minutes of your time

FFO - early Deafheaven, Hidden Mothers, Wallowing, Hundred Year Old Man

https://copsebm.bandcamp.com/album/mmxxiv

Edited by WyattSheepMask