The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Added a 3rd and a 4th date Truth, due to the 'unprecedented demand.' Sorted out 8 tickets 4 of those are for my dad's mates mind. Cant wait though. Should be superb. Where'd you end up buying from Truth? Got ours through eventim and seetickets. Although seetickets was useless this time round and I normally rate it as one of the better ones!

Got mine from Gigantic.

I always find it funny how the demand was unprecedented, yet the venues just happened to be available.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/stone-roses-tickets-sell-out-6780981

Websites are claiming tickets " sold out in 10 seconds". How is that even possible?

Possibly from one outlet like ticketmaster they went that quick. But I got mine at 32 minutes past and 38 minutes past 9. So definitely not entirely true.

I always find it funny how the demand was unprecedented, yet the venues just happened to be available.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/stone-roses-tickets-sell-out-6780981

Websites are claiming tickets " sold out in 10 seconds". How is that even possible?

Possibly from one outlet like ticketmaster they went that quick. But I got mine at 32 minutes past and 38 minutes past 9. So definitely not entirely true.

Even so, I still don't see how they can claim 10 seconds unless they mean all allocated tickets were snapped up into a holding pattern before transactions were completed, but there is no way that they can be onsite>into basket>paid for all in the space of 10 seconds unless you're the guy who bought all the tickets to The Pigskin Classic.

10 seconds sounds ultra impressive, but it's just not possible

Just thought, why are the Stone Roses being talked about in this thread? The Roses are half decent. Also, don't those dates fall a week before Glastonbury? I'd wager on them being a headliner.

If they weren't doing T in the Park than i would have thought it was good odds. But it would surprise me if they were announced for Glasto now. Not that a band headlining both is unheard of, Mumford did it in 2013, but it is uncommon

• Paid Members

Tried and failed to get tickets for Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow and the Birmingham Arena earlier today. Looks like there were no floor seats available for the general sale. 

The nearest seats available were about 45 rows back. :(

Megadeath.

Ahem. Are you Ziggler?
I don't understand that reference other than the fact I spelt Megadeth wrong lol.

That's the reference. Ziggler came out in his denim patch jacket which had a Mis-spelt Megadeth patch on it

Ah right. Cheers for clarifying. 

Still proper shite announcement that IMO. As pointed out earlier, this is a short term solution not a long term. When all these repeat bands fuck off in the next few years (invetiable) Download are fucked.

• Paid Members

This lineup will sell shitloads of tickets. I'm not fussed by it personally but if you don't like high level repeats then Download isn't the festival for you. They know that you have to make hay when the sun shines so whilst these acts are still around they'll capitalise on it.