truthofsin Posted October 20, 2015 Posted October 20, 2015 Iron Maiden are headlining on the Sunday, I'm seeing a bunch of their fans crying because there isn't an actual tour next year.It is a bit shit to be fair.If they only play Download in 2016 then one UK show in 15 months after the album coming out is a bit off. I've heard this is a UK exclusive show, so the UK tour dates will likely be in 2017. On the plus side, this means affording Sabbath tickets will be less of an issue lol Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 21, 2015 Posted October 21, 2015 Black Sabbath and Rammstein now officially confirmed as headliners for Download 2016, due to the leak yesterday. I'm happy with Rammstein, even though it's completely hypocritical of what I said about Iron Maiden only playing the other year, in fact they and Rammstein headlined the same year. Disappointed they haven't elevated someone to main event staus and booked two of the 2013 headliners again. I know you can only book who is available and all but they need to put more effort in to elevate somebody. Having said that...I'm calling it now, Metallica to headline in 2017 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 21, 2015 Author Paid Members Posted October 21, 2015 Im not going but i would have liked to have seen them take a chance on one headliner this year. Still, guess you gotta book who draws the punters in. Its a competitive market. Quote
seanz25 Posted October 21, 2015 Posted October 21, 2015 True Ebb, but that's an effective marketing strategy in the short term, but long-term, maybe not so much. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 21, 2015 Author Paid Members Posted October 21, 2015 I agree 100%. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 21, 2015 Posted October 21, 2015 (edited) Is it a competitive market for Download? Sonisphere seems to only run when it's not being booked by monkeys and Blooddtock isnt on their level. They're going to have to push someone up eventually because times is running out for the Black Sabbaths and Iron Zmaidens of the world Edited October 21, 2015 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members martyngnr Posted October 21, 2015 Paid Members Posted October 21, 2015 The irritant is more to do with the yearly rumours of Pearl Jam, Van Halen etc. When in reality it's been a cycle of Slipknot, Maiden Leppard, Metallica, Sabbath, Aerosmith for the past few years. There's no reason to get really excited about the headliners. It's usually "Oh them again, cool - they were good last time". Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 25, 2015 Author Paid Members Posted October 25, 2015 (edited) . Edited October 25, 2015 by Ebb Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 26, 2015 Posted October 26, 2015 Chris Cornell has just announced a European tour for next year, which has five UK dates: Apr 27: Manchester Bridgewater Hall Apr 29: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Apr 30: Bristol Colston Hall May 02: Birmingham Symphony Hall May 03: London Royal Albert Hall Quote
gbacon85 Posted October 26, 2015 Posted October 26, 2015 I've discovered a few bands recently so wanted to flag them up if anyone is interested. Pretty much for fans of fuzzy, revivalist 90s emo (sorry pretty blank description but you know what I'm getting at) Beach Slang-really poppy hooks and new album is slamming. Somos & You Blew It. Both great Jade Tree-ish bands, gruff vocals etc. I'm giving Modern Baseball another go. I just can't get into it. I want it to click, should like it as I love their stablemates, your mates etc, but it's just not happening. Plus I've just discovered that none of them have graduated yet and that angers me. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 27, 2015 Author Paid Members Posted October 27, 2015 I'll check them out. On the older bands front i recently watched the new Salad Days documentary and there's a bunch of bands on there i wanna check out. Great documentary too. Quote
lightningxlock Posted October 27, 2015 Posted October 27, 2015 Coheed and Cambria have just announced a UK tour with Glassjaw supporting! Sun 31st Jan - Cardiff Uni Great Hall Mon 1st Feb - Manchester 02 Ritz Tues 2nd Feb - London 02 Forum Quote
gbacon85 Posted October 27, 2015 Posted October 27, 2015 Coheed and Cambria have just announced a UK tour with Glassjaw supporting! Sun 31st Jan - Cardiff Uni Great Hall Mon 1st Feb - Manchester 02 Ritz Tues 2nd Feb - London 02 Forum Right, this is great and I'll go obviously but why the frig are the incredible Glassjaw supporting anyone!!!??? They should be headlining Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 27, 2015 Posted October 27, 2015 (edited) Probably because they've not had a full length album out for over 10 years and haven't got the same size fan base as C&C do. They were massive for a little bit when I was in college when Worship & Tribute came out but they've not been a big name for a long time In other news- Dragonforce, Paradise Lost and Rotting Christ have been added to Bloodstock 2016 Edited October 27, 2015 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted October 28, 2015 Paid Members Posted October 28, 2015 Coheed and Cambria have just announced a UK tour with Glassjaw supporting! Sun 31st Jan - Cardiff Uni Great Hall Mon 1st Feb - Manchester 02 Ritz Tues 2nd Feb - London 02 Forum I'm quite disappointed by this; they had Cursive supporting them over in the states and I was hoping they would bring the same tour here. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.