The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Copping's bound to say it's not true. He's done it before.

KISS are the last of the major rock acts to see on the bucket list

I’ve never seen Kiss either & they’re pretty much the last big rock band I’ve got to tick off the list (Ozzy solo too). Hope Motley Crue don’t pull the same silly shit as they did at Download in 2009 when they wouldn’t let any close ups of Vince Neil on the big screens. You chose to have a shit load of plastic surgery pal!

On a separate note. Foo Fighters are about to announce some big stadium shows. Only Manchester revealed so far

Old Trafford Cricket Ground May 27th

Tickets on sale next Friday

Slipknot again, doing the Def Lappard 'back after two years' deal? At least this time they have a new album to do stuff from, but makes you wonder could they have booked someone else in 2013 so that we didn't get the mediocre slipknot set that we did.

Obviously it depends who is available, but I think 2013 would have been a great to try Bullet For My Valentine as a headliner. Whilst I'm not a fan myself, you can't deny that they have a massive following and, outside of the heritage acts, are probably the biggest name in British metal in the modern day

• Paid Members

Surely Bring Me The Horizon are the big British metal band at the moment? I'm not saying they're Download headliner level but their last album was great and they've got a much bigger following, that I've seen.

• Paid Members
Slipknot again, doing the Def Lappard 'back after two years' deal? At least this time they have a new album to do stuff from, but makes you wonder could they have booked someone else in 2013 so that we didn't get the mediocre slipknot set that we did

Slipknot stepped in late in 2013 after Pearl Jam pulled their Euro run last minute (Vodafone annouced Pearl Jam leading to loads of pissed off PJ fans who had booked tickets on the back of it). Given they did Copping a favour I doubt he could hold that against them when they were ready to do a proper festival jaunt in support of the new record. That's why the undercard in 2013 was all mixed up & bit bizarre.

I remember Vodaphone announcing Pearl Jam but with Slipknot then being announced so soon afterwards figured it was just that Vodaphone had got it wrong rather than being a replacement. It wasn't a bad show from Slipknot but any means, but the lack of new material after headlining in 2009 defiantly brought it down a bit.

Like I say you've got to take what's available, as wasn't that the year that Van Halen "cancelled" their European dates, which seemed to include every major festival going.

Au,

I hadn't even thought of BMTH to be honest, but BFMV had been in the subhead line spot a couple of years previously and I think 2013 would have been a good time to test the water with them as the headline act, rather than booking them as the sub headliner again

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Like I say you've got to take what's available, as wasn't that the year that Van Halen "cancelled" their European dates, which seemed to include every major festival going.

It was 2011 when Van Halen cancelled (they've probably done it more than that tbh). That's when they had to bring back Leppard

• Paid Members

hasn't Bullet For My Valentines popularity dwindled in recent years though? there seems to be a rinse and repeat thing going on with each album where all the press shit consists of 'we dropped the ball last time out, but this time we've nailed it', then two years later its the same story. Surely they can't keep releasing crap albums.

As for BMTH, i'm not a fan but i'd love to see the internets reaction to them being announced.

I saw Bullet last year at the MEN Arena which was a very good gig. They really impressed me and I'd go see them again in a heart beat.

The attendance was horrendous for the gig. I think then sold out standing but they only managed to fill two of the tiers on the lower tier which was disappointing. I really would say they have that much of a following. Plus there was tons of smelly teens wearing Asking Alexandria tshirts who could have come just to see them. Estimate would be about 4,000 max in attendance. They should have worked the apollo

Wouldn't you get 4 thousand in the standing alone at the MEN? I hate that arena for gigs, but you're right about the Apollo, great venue. Maybe Academy 1 might have been a shout. Perhaps they're at that awkward stage of too big for clubs, too small for arenas.