The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Check out this song, featuring ex thin lizzy members, personally, i love it!

ahh man, Black Star Riders are headlining The Steelhouse Festival in my hometown in July (along with Europe, Sebastian Bach and The Answer) and im away that weekend for my friends wedding...bad fucking timing :(

Met BSR is December, really nice bunch of guys. Their set was fucking incredible also! The surprise appearance of Motorhead's Phil Campbell joining them on stage for some of the set was also pretty awesome!

Edited by truthofsin

• Paid Members

Taking Back Sunday have announced their next UK tour! December can't come soon enough. http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/taking-back-sunday They're hitting Portsmouth, Bristol, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Oxford. The new album is pretty decent too so it should be a killer show.

And in regards to the Deathcore talk, it is a horrible, HORRIBLE genre. I'm sure it's got its positives to their target audience but having been listening to 'screamo' since 1999 (Circle Takes The Square, PG 99, Funeral Diner, Saeita, I Would Set Myself On Fire For You, etc), this new breed of noise does absolutely nothing for me.

• Paid Members

i was never really a fan, i was a fan of that genre back in the day but outside of a few tunes on the debut album i never really gave em a shot. I know they have the original line up now.

oh and this is just fucking brilliant...

• Paid Members

Soil, American Head Charge & (hed)pe have announced a UK tour for October...

i know Soil are over here all the fucking time and im never bothered, but as a triple bill, im all over that shit!

• Paid Members
Are Taking Back Sunday any cop these days? I basically stopped following them after the first 3 records and it felt like they were fading on the 3rd. Saw them about 3 years ago and they were pretty crap, to be honest

The third record was their low point. Cracking single in the form of 'Makedamsure' and a few noteworthy songs scattered around but nothing truly outstanding. The 4th album, 'New Again', was a weird one; not particularly exciting by any means, but it did have splashes of excellence here and there. Definately an album where they channelled all their musical inspirations to see what came out.

The two new albums have mish-mashed into one for me. Not much in terms of evoloution but they've found their 'New Decade' style and they are looking at sticking to it. It's not a bad creative choice to make but for us all expecting another 'Tell All Your Friends' (which sits nicely in my Top 5 Records) it's a bit of a dissapointment. Still, try to make it to the shows; i saw them in Birmingham, most likely on the same tour you did, and although Adam was a bit obnoxious, as lead singers sometimes become, they still belted out those classics and i felt like i was 17 again.

Also, keeping on the Emo side of things, Mineral have reformed after over 15 years and will be touring the US on a Reunion binge. Mineral are Emo pioneers and were just as important to the mid-90's scene as Jawbreaker, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Promise Ring and Jimmy Eat World. I've been wanted a reunion from them for years just so i could see them live but i doubt they'll come over to these shores unless they make another album. Breaks my heart.

Edited by Accident Prone