The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Sounds cool, never heard of the band but I'll check it out after hearing that.

In other news Phil Anselmo's new album is dire, I was actually laughing listening to it. Awful.

Is it much of a departure from the split he did with Warbeast? Cause I really dug the tracks on there and am considering nabbing the album but if its as bad as you say I'll probably get the new Evile and Autopsy stuff instead.

• Paid Members
My mate Olly is the bass player in FTR. Absolutely amazing band and thoroughly wonderful lovely blokes. So glad to see them doing so well the last year or so.

Definitely. I'm hoping that they storm it at R&L and start moving up festival bills, their album was one of my favourites of last year.

Did anybody see Bam Margera's Fuckface Unstoppable? It was a rather fun gig in Liverpool but fuck me it was hot in the venue. The set was very short and Margera was supposed to do a DJ Set but didn't turn up for it.

I was buzzing from meeting Margera and Novac earlier on in the day at Pulp which I'm still very glad I got the opportunity to do. I feel for the Glasgow fans who had there signing cancelled last minute.

• Paid Members

anyone seen/heard thew new Limp Bizkit video. Band have mentioned that they wanna go back towards a rawer, unpolished kind of sound that would work as a sequel to their Unquestionable Truth record (which is criminally underrated) and i think it sounds f'n great, Limp Bizkit have fallen into that kind of category where they are a listed a guilty pleasure for many people, but regardless the new tune is quality.

• Paid Members

Tim Armstrong from Rancid has been releasing individual tracks under the name 'Tim Timebomb & Friends'. You may or may not have heard this before but I just found it for the first time & felt the need to share. If you like Rancid as much as I do then this should at worst raise a smile

anyone seen/heard thew new Limp Bizkit video. Band have mentioned that they wanna go back towards a rawer, unpolished kind of sound that would work as a sequel to their Unquestionable Truth record (which is criminally underrated) and i think it sounds f'n great, Limp Bizkit have fallen into that kind of category where they are a listed a guilty pleasure for many people, but regardless the new tune is quality.

I'll give this a listen later. I don't think i've ever listened to Unquestionable Truth but i thought Gold Cobra was a really good album.

That Lil Wayne part in particular is horrible, sounds like he's just turned down the track himself and record his part on his Macbook at home. Always enjoy Wes Borland's playing though, there's some nice stuff from him there. I just don't get what Limp Bizkit are trying to do anymore. They play all these festival shows where they openly don't want to play any new stuff because people just wanna hear the old stuff. Then they release new stuff and it just comes and goes in the blink of an eye. I thought Gold Cobra was pretty good.

• Paid Members

continuing on my favorite albums of the year theme...

1616a7787ff7f1f6b6143970c26c4d13.jpg

Letlive. - The Blackest Beautiful

Letlive. are one of these bands that are garnering massive hype from the media, its centered mainly around the craziness of their vocalist Jason Butler in the live environment but they were definitely under some pressure to deliver on this record.

You could breakdown the influences you hear in Letlive. (the laziest being Glassjaw) all day but i think they've got to the point where they now sound distinctively like Letlive. they are band that throws it all against the work but everything seems to stick. It's an urgent, exciting record to listen too and stands out like sore thumb in the scene they get thrown into... i can't wait to see em pull it off live (off to see em in October).

There has been critisicm about the production on the album and at first that was only gripe but that's disappeared the more i listen to it. The bass drum is really high in the mix and the vocals are overdubbed with a stupid many layers but it all makes the record what it is.

A completely different band obviously to Deaf Heaven but this is up towards the top of my albums of the year list.

Seen this linked elsewhere this morning, and had a listen. Yes, liked it, very raw and aggressive. The Lil Wayne Part is no different to say Benji rocking up with Sepultura (live) or Soulfly (Prejudice) or Bullet for My Valentine or whoever, no issue with that or even say Busta Rhymes or whoever doing a bit like that, enriches it with difference