The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Has anyone seen the new AC/DC live DVD? It was filmed in Argentina I believe.

Fucking excellent, as usual. Those lads put on some show.

I went down to the premiere of the DVD at the Hammersmith Apollo in London. It looked and sounded amazing in the cinema. Insane crowd too - as most Stadium gigs in South America seem to be.

Can't wait to get the chance to sit down and watch it in peace and quiet at home.

Edited by martyngnr

I also got the new Between The Buried and Me EP. Outstanding stuff yet again, it's a pity that band dont get more praise

was the first time in a long time that I headed into town on a monday morning to go buy a CD. It was worth the trip.

Cant wait for the gigs with Animals as leaders in september.

• Paid Members
Has anyone seen the new AC/DC live DVD? It was filmed in Argentina I believe.

Fucking excellent, as usual. Those lads put on some show.

I went down to the premiere of the DVD at the Hammersmith Apollo in London. It looked and sounded amazing in the cinema. Insane crowd too - as most Stadium gigs in South America seem to be.

Can't wait to get the chance to sit down and watch it in peace and quiet at home.

I have it on Blu-Ray, such a good gig. Brings me right back to Hampden & Donington!

• Paid Members

The cockney one. I didn't agree with everything they said but I thought they were bang on about a lot of stuff, as well as being hugely entertaining. It was about hearing new stuff for me, getting turned onto Cancer Bats & Letlive was worth 2 years of podcasts alone.

The cockney one. I didn't agree with everything they said but I thought they were bang on about a lot of stuff, as well as being hugely entertaining. It was about hearing new stuff for me, getting turned onto Cancer Bats & Letlive was worth 2 years of podcasts alone.

• Moderators

Okay, apologies in advance if this is a boring topic to all of you who have listened to any new metal albums in the last 5 years but...

I dug out my Pantera albums recently and have been listening through them, and I was curious as to what order in which people rank them. Or do you think they're signficantly different that you would find it too hard to rank them?

For me it goes -

1) Great Southern Trendkill

2) Vulgar Display of Power

3) Cowboys from Hell

4) Far Beyond Driven

5) Reinventing the Steel

I've not gone any earlier than Cowboys, nor included 101 Proof as it's not a studio album but feel free to play by your own criteria..

• Paid Members

(out of the 3 I know)

1) Power Metal (an absolute blast before they decided they could make more money ripping off Exhorder's groove sound. This is some damn fine heavy metal)

2) Cowboys From Hell (a fun listen every so often containing some good tracks but also a fair bit of filler. Definitely the better of the two new-Pantera records I've heard.)

3) Vulgar Display of Power (a distant third, absolute tuff-guy poser crap. Loses extra points for containing Walk.)

Also if I can be arsed I might write up a wee report of Hellfest in the near future.

Edited by kendo

I'm starting to really get into early to mid 80's metal at the moment and found a mindblowingly good compilation made by Fenriz, who is also making some of the best metal of recent years with the old speed metal style Darkthrone.

Fenriz' Metal Merchants Festival DJ Set (2009)

TRACKLISTING:

1. Aragorn (England)

• Paid Members
I'm starting to really get into early to mid 80's metal at the moment and found a mindblowingly good compilation made by Fenriz, who is also making some of the best metal of recent years with the old speed metal style Darkthrone.

Fenriz' Metal Merchants Festival DJ Set (2009)

I've been in the market for some new 80s metal myself so this post came at a very opportune time, thanks!

• Paid Members

VDOP

Trendkill (An amazing achievment as the band didn't get on so much they recorded this in different studios in separate states!)

Driven (Drags a bit after the first four tracks, I think. Slaughtered and Shedding Skin are very good, 25 Years is utterly tedious.)

CFH

101 (A very good arrangement, but the AQ lets it down a lot)

I've not listened to Steel properly after owning it all this time.