The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

any fans of Zeke here?

51P4ASA628L._SS500_.jpg

ive just been listening to 'Till The Living End for the first time in about 2 years, what a fucking band, what a fucking album.

There are so many criminally underrated bands out there and this is one of them, continually ignored by the popular press, this is underground rock n'roll at its best, the closest comparison sound-wise here is probably Motorhead, but that no bad thing. This just fucking slays. The bands older stuff is faster and dirtier, but they cleaned up the sound here and produced a classic.

Fucking get it!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I was dead wrong about the Bullhead City Wrestling. It was pure crap, top talent working an awful style without almost doing any wrestling.

Other than that Wacken was pretty good with shitty weather that made me bloody sick and dreadful food & beer.

Managed to see:

9MM, Apocalyptica, U.D.O, Cooper (fucking amazing), Cr

• Paid Members
Wow, I was dead wrong about the Bullhead City Wrestling. It was pure crap, top talent working an awful style without almost doing any wrestling.

Other than that Wacken was pretty good with shitty weather that made me bloody sick and dreadful food & beer.

Managed to see:

9MM, Apocalyptica, U.D.O, Cooper (fucking amazing), Cr

Iron Maiden's Album The Final Frontier has leaked. links are being closed down pretty sharpish though but you can find it if you look hard enough.

Currently listening to it.

Its different I'am not entirely sure its a good thing its more like an opera than a metal record

and SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

At 4 minutes ish on 'The Man who would be King'.. Maiden go full on Texas/INDIE! :thumbsup: Where the Wind Blows also nicks riffs from Wilt's, Dave you were right, wholesale!

Edited by patdfb

I too got hold of the new Maiden album. Surely they have done everything possible with tehir music now. Personally, I don't think they'll never top 'Brave New World'

I've always thought 'Dance of Death' is just as good, if not better, than 'Brave New World'. But conflicts over Maiden albums will result into never ending debates!

'A Matter of Life and Death' is huge too, but in a different way and I imagine (although not having heard the whole thing) 'Final Frontier' will follow a similiar blueprint but with a further push of their creative boundaries.

Also, your sig reminds me Blaze is off on another massive tour soon and I'm hoping to catch him in Southampton having never checked him out live before! His recent solo stuff has been quite impressive. Can't wait :)

I too got hold of the new Maiden album. Surely they have done everything possible with tehir music now. Personally, I don't think they'll never top 'Brave New World'

I've always thought 'Dance of Death' is just as good, if not better, than 'Brave New World'. But conflicts over Maiden albums will result into never ending debates!

'A Matter of Life and Death' is huge too, but in a different way and I imagine (although not having heard the whole thing) 'Final Frontier' will follow a similiar blueprint but with a further push of their creative boundaries.

Also, your sig reminds me Blaze is off on another massive tour soon and I'm hoping to catch him in Southampton having never checked him out live before! His recent solo stuff has been quite impressive. Can't wait :)

Dont get me wrong, both 'Dance Of Death' and 'A Matter Of Life And Death' are both very good albums, but for me, 'Brave New World' is top to bottom perfect. It was when they started to flirt with prog elements, which did more on 'Dance Of Death' and again on this new album.

Go check Blaze out live. He's got a great band with him now, and get the 'Silicon Messish' and 'Tenth Dimension' albums. Truely under-rated, excellent metal albums

Edited by KingOfMetal

Dont get me wrong, both 'Dance Of Death' and 'A Matter Of Life And Death' are both very good albums, but for me, 'Brave New World' is top to bottom perfect. It was when they started to flirt with prod elements, which did more on 'Dance Of Death' and again on this new album.

Go check Blaze out live. He's got a great band with him now, and get the 'Silicon Messish' and 'Tenth Dimension' albums. Truely under-rated, excellent metal albums

Cheers for heads up, I will do just that! I always found his Maiden era underated too, despite many being unfavourable towards it. Steve Harris always speaks highly of those two records though it seems.

Dont get me wrong, both 'Dance Of Death' and 'A Matter Of Life And Death' are both very good albums, but for me, 'Brave New World' is top to bottom perfect. It was when they started to flirt with prod elements, which did more on 'Dance Of Death' and again on this new album.

Cheers for heads up, I will do just that! I always found his Maiden era underated too, despite many being unfavourable towards it. Steve Harris always speaks highly of those two records though it seems.

Ive said it many times before, it was largely inverted snobbery on the 'hardcore' maiden fans because he wasnt Bruce Dickenson. 'X Factor' is a very good and very dark album. But 'Virtual XI', which has a couple of good tracks, is very ropey in places, which Blaze very unfairly got blamed for when it was poor song writing on everyones part.

Steve Harris and Blaze are still on very good terms

Ive said it many times before, it was largely inverted snobbery on the 'hardcore' maiden fans because he wasnt Bruce Dickenson. 'X Factor' is a very good and very dark album. But 'Virtual XI', which has a couple of good tracks, is very ropey in places, which Blaze very unfairly got blamed for when it was poor song writing on everyones part.

Steve Harris and Blaze are still on very good terms

Spot on bud! Totally agree. And although it's difficult to really picture Maiden without Bruce and he ultimately is their voice, the most ironic thing as far as the snobbery goes is Blaze's stuff is in fact way better than Bruce's solo efforts imo :p 'Tattooed Millionaire' is a class tune mind.

rockshow_banner_468x60_03.jpg

HI all,

Did you know that Iron Maiden have a new album out tomorrow? Well, if you didn't then you do now! BUT right ahead of that, you need to check out therockshow.co.uk for a very good reason; we have an extra-special edition of the show ready to blow your mind! You're just a moment away from getting our IRON MAIDEN commemorative edition.

We have a mass of of great guests & some surprises in there too, plus there's a great selection of tunes from the bands back catalogue, as done by themselves & others. The Rock Show brings you another stupendous collection of aural delights, which does has to be heard to be fully comprehended!

The new edition will entertain you more than any other rock & metal radio show in the world. Go & check the rest, & you'll see what we mean. We don't just say it for the sake of saying it; The Rock Show does it bigger & better than everyone else! Edition #83 is ready for you; are you ready for it?

http://www.therockshow.co.uk - visit the site right now!

Special guests include DEREK RIGGS whos is, of course, the creator of Eddie The 'Ead & many Iron Maiden record/CD covers & the core collective of THE IRON MAIDENS who are the worlds only all-female Iron Maiden tribute band. But there are others besides ... visit the website & download the show to see what we mean! Our LiveWire pick is taken from the World Slavery Tour, the Rock Chicks Rock selection comes courtesy of THE IRON MAIDENS & it's a promo release from their forthcoming Live In Japan DVD & the cover play is played by friends of the show TRIAXIS; it had to be done! This is why we're the world's favourite rock & metal show!