MMA: Past Fight Discussion

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Look forward to reading that, Wand. If I could put a suggestion in...could you do one for Dan Henderson next? I've not long got a Hendo career comp so it'd be cool to see what fights to check out even though I know the answer is probably 'all of them'.

I was thinking of Shogun next but Hendo might be a better shout as he's fought in more places and through different eras. Plus I've already covered a lot of the Chute Boxe stuff in the Wand reviews. It was between Shogun, Hendo and Big Nog next. I'll probably go for Hop-along Hendo, although at the rate it's taking me to do these he'll probably have fought Jones, lost and retired or something by the time I get around to it.

Cheers for the read Wand. Looking forward to the next part, especially as you should reach the Wildman Denny fight in your recap.

Yeah I loved the Denny fight and I haven't seen it in years so I'm really looking forward to seeing it again. Can't remember that much of it other than thinking it was just a proper fun fight.

Look forward to reading that, Wand. If I could put a suggestion in...could you do one for Dan Henderson next? I've not long got a Hendo career comp so it'd be cool to see what fights to check out even though I know the answer is probably 'all of them'.

I was thinking of Shogun next but Hendo might be a better shout as he's fought in more places and through different eras. Plus I've already covered a lot of the Chute Boxe stuff in the Wand reviews. It was between Shogun, Hendo and Big Nog next. I'll probably go for Hop-along Hendo, although at the rate it's taking me to do these he'll probably have fought Jones, lost and retired or something by the time I get around to it.

I'd like either of them. My first choice would either be Hendo or Big Nog. I would have asked for Big Nog when you were trying to decide who to do next after finishing your Wandy career piece but I missed the chance!

If you do go with Hendo you must refrain from using the phraseG13464898611032974_1.jpgPlus, from what I remember (not seen it in years) his fight with Carlos Newton at UFC 17 is a cracker.

• Paid Members

Ha H-Bomb does get annoying. Mauro Ranallo loves it. I remember the Newton fight being great as well. All the more impressive in that it was only Hendo's 4th or 5th fight or something wasn't it? I seem to recall the Alan Goes fight on the same show being good too.

Ha H-Bomb does get annoying. Mauro Ranallo loves it. I remember the Newton fight being great as well. All the more impressive in that it was only Hendo's 4th or 5th fight or something wasn't it? I seem to recall the Alan Goes fight on the same show being good too.

Yup, fought Goes and Newton on the same night in both his third and fourth professional fights. As Ebb says, he's been fighting top quality opposition pretty much from the moment he debuted.

I thought I would be best posting this here, I watched the Shogun v Hendo fight as some of you recommended and DAMN, what a fight! I loved it, Shogun's face can take a hell of a beating, I'm suprised he made it through the third round conscious... I guess the same could be said for Hendo in the 5th round though.

Quick question, why was it a 5 round fight?

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

It's all main events that are 5 rounds now though. Even for FX, FUEL and TUF finales.

They originally said all PPV main events would be 5 rounds and the rest would stay at 3. But then Diego Sanchez and Jake Ellenberger had a corker of a main event on FUEL which ended after 3 rounds just as Diego was turning the tide. Everyone including Dana said they wished they had 2 more rounds and so Dana said 'fuck this' and went ahead and made all future main events 5 rounders.

I think the last 3 round main event was Alexander Gustafsson vs Thiago Silva on the Sweden card a few months back.

Glad you enjoyed Hendo vs Shogun deathrey. MMA's very own version of Rocky vs Drago.