DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Yeah, I agree about Rourke, he did have an aura about him. Did his guy have a Superhero Villain name? If they said it, I didn't catch it.

He's a combination of 2 characters from the comics called Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo bit in the movie he's just called Ivan Vanko (because in the movies it seems Super hero/villain manes and masks are the only things from the comics that are taboo)

• Paid Members
Cheers, chaps.

I actually watched Bad Lieutenant the other day as well. Loved it, it was batshit crazy but then with Herzog and Cage, what else would it be.

Yeah man, I love that movie, the perfect sort of role for Nic Cage at this point in his career, just a canvas for him to use his craziness on. The guy has quality control issues for sure but he's still my all time fave.

• Paid Members
Ah, I didn't know he was based on the Dynamo - suppose it should've been obvious, in hindsight.

Why, did he have Crohn's?

Eh? Not getting the reference, sorry.

• Paid Members
Ah, I didn't know he was based on the Dynamo - suppose it should've been obvious, in hindsight.

:laugh: :laugh: That's some godly referencing right there.

• Paid Members

:laugh: :laugh: That's some godly referencing right there.

Just Googled the references. I honestly didn't know the magician had Crohn's. Poor sod.

I really enjoyed Tony Stark in both Iron Man and Avengers Assemble, even if in the latter he was as much of a bastard as ever. Iron Man 2 just failed to have him likeable at all. Infact, he was actually quite dull.

The whole movie was the same. I didn't hate it much. Was just kinda "there". Thought the first Iron Man was a cracking movie.

• Moderators

I'll cosign that assessment of the three films, and his character in them. I think he's great, and I love that first Iron Man film. I want to rewatch the second and see if it really was that mediocre, or it just couldn't live up to my expectations going in the first time..