DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Diary of the Dead is hands down the worst feature film I've ever seen in a cinema. It's just dire on every level.

Yes, it's shite. It single-handedly put me off seeing Survival Of The Dead. George Romero should fuck off now.

I actually watched Survival of the Dead as well, if that's the one with the two cowboy families fighting. That was really bad too, like a SyFy Channel film. I'm sour on Romero's earlier zombie films now because of his later ones. I wonder if those terrible-looking, straight-to-DVD, pseudo-remakes/sequels that pop up every few years are worse than the films he makes now.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

He's had an incredibly mixed career. The Crazies was fucking terrible as well. The Dark Half and Bruiser weren't much better. Yet he's done some amazing stuff, too.

I'd go as far to say The Crazies is one of the worst films I've ever seen. Total shit.

• Paid Members
Diary of the Dead is hands down the worst feature film I've ever seen in a cinema. It's just dire on every level.

Yes, it's shite. It single-handedly put me off seeing Survival Of The Dead. George Romero should fuck off now.

:( I love Romero but he hasn't made a good film in years. His last good film was probably Monkey Shines and that has to be 25 years old.

I quite liked Survival, it has its moments. Land of The Dead with Hopper was alright too. They're nothing to the quality of his earlier films, but as far as zombie action goes, they're better than Walking Dead.

Just re-rewatched La Haine. One of my favourite films. Matthieu Kassovitz is one of my all-time favourite directors, and I can even forgive him for Babylon, A.D. since he was slating it in the press before release. The dialogue is some of the best around, the characters are wonderfully believable and the mash-up of Non je ne regrette riens/Fuck The Police was fucking genius.

Watched The Fighter the other day, Christian Bale is brilliant in it, as is Mark Wahlberg who at the moment can do no wrong in my eyes. I havnt had the chance to watch Ted yet, but I love pretty much anything Marky mark is in (even the Happening, has me in stitches every time)

Im awaiting delivery on a few titles from Arrow Video. The Beyond (I love this movie and have no clue why i hadnt bought it until now), along with 2 of the Troma releases, Combat Shock and Class of Nuke em high (which features one of my best friends onstage with Lloyd Kaufman at the Prince Charles Cinema from may this year)

• Paid Members

Just watched Shame. I could probably live very happily without seeing Michael Fassbender's sex face or cock again. Good film, though, but Carey Mulligan is far better than he is in it.

• Paid Members

Somewhat inspired by the tremendous video artwork thread knocking about, I impulsively tossed a copy of Hell Ride into my shopping trolley whilst doing the weekly Tesco trip tonight, purely off the back of how cool the DVD cover is. I figured that for