DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Saw The Dictator and The Raid recently. Thought The Dictator was shit with about 2 funny moments. While The Raid was nothing short of awesome!

Also last night I watched Gone Baby Gone, top class. Such an intense film.

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members
I'm hearing good things about Iron Sky. Here's the synopsis.

The Nazis set up a secret base on the moon in 1945 where they hide out and plan to return to power in 2018.

It sounds like it should be awful. Anyone watched this?

It's definitely worth a watch. I didn't think it was as amazing or funny as some people have made it out to be, but it was good enough. One thing that I really didn't like about it:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

For a film about a goofy premise like space nazis, I really wasn't expecting the tone-switching "affects of war" moments in the last 20 minutes or so. I'm all for films with a message, but I felt the bombing of the base filled with families and ending the film with missiles being launched between countries was a bit much for a film calling itself a comedy.

• Paid Members
Also last night I watched Gone Baby Gone, top class. Such an intense film.

There is a actually a new sequel story for Gone Baby Gone wonder if Affleck picks it up. Hope not it's not a patch on Gone Baby Gone.

• Paid Members

I went to see Moonrise Kingdom. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside and it was also very funny. Go and see it you cold hearted bastards.

• Paid Members

After a quiet period, Poundland has some quality back in right now with Silkworm, Pusher, Perrier's Bounty and Final Analysis amongst the films they've got in stock.

• Paid Members
I went to see Moonrise Kingdom. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside and it was also very funny. Go and see it you cold hearted bastards.

Was undecided about that one but that's all I needed!

Watched the Ides of March today, it was brilliantly acted, absolutely engrossing, but ended a little abruptly.

• Paid Members

Was undecided about that one but that's all I needed!

Watched the Ides of March today, it was brilliantly acted, absolutely engrossing, but ended a little abruptly.

I love Wes Anderson films so I've been dying to see Moonrise Kingdom since release, I just don't have the funds right now for such things. I think I'll end up going to see it next week or soon after.

Starburst recently went back into print and it's a pretty good read, covering anything that fits into the horror/sci-fi/fantasy sort of area. It's not strictly for DVDs and films but there's plenty of that in there, as well as TV, comics and games. All the usual reviews and interviews and stuff like that. The new issue's pretty heavy on Prometheus and the history of the Alien franchise but the last few were more TV-based, centred around The Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones. I think they did an Avengers issue as well, but I skipped that one. www.starburstmagazine.com if you fancy having a look.

Anyone off to see Prometheus tonight? It's my first night off work for almost two weeks so I thought I'd spend it at the pictures.