DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Just done that thing where you suddenly put a bunch of films together as being by the same director. Check out Roger Donaldson's resum

• Paid Members

I love Little Nicky, so was a tad shocked when I found out how much it was panned. Going Overboard, however, is utter bum and deserves every bad review going.

I can't stand most of Adam Sandler's comedies (Happy Gilmore being an exception) but I can't knock him simply because Punch Drunk Love is superb and he's the main reason for that.

Superb, indeed. Reign Over Me is also a corker.

• Paid Members

Lawless. I liked it. Though I find it hard to take Shia LaBeouf seriously at times. I'm even more in love with Tom Hardy now than I was before. The movie is set in the prohibition era, three brothers are in the bootlegging business. It's pretty gritty and extremely violent. Guy Pierce was especially wicked in it. Gary Oldman is in it too. See it if you can.

Total Recall

Its pretty decent if Im honest. It reminded me of how I felt about the Assault on Precinct 13 remake. It was good fun, but there was no reason at all for it and it'll never match the original. Its a bit dry though, there isnt much humour, but the action is pretty class and it looks beautiful. Not the best film in the world but it was a fun way to spend Friday afternoon.

Also if you played Sleeping Dogs, look out for Wei's small role!

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members

Kevin Costner at his best.

I find Costner such a bore to watch, even in a great film he kind of drags things down a notch by being so underwhelming.I'll await a few posts to say why I'm wrong, but I just can't escape it when ever I see him.

• Paid Members

yeh, i really enjoyed The Thing, thought it worked excellently as a prequel of sorts and gives you an insight into what led to the original film (althought i guess some would argue that they liked 'not knowing').

I love Little Nicky, so was a tad shocked when I found out how much it was panned. Going Overboard, however, is utter bum and deserves every bad review going.

I can't stand most of Adam Sandler's comedies (Happy Gilmore being an exception) but I can't knock him simply because Punch Drunk Love is superb and he's the main reason for that.

Superb, indeed. Reign Over Me is also a corker.

Watched Reign Over Me last night on Five, Quality film, shame about the non stop adverts you get with Channel Five though

• Paid Members

I watched Chinatown last night for the first time. A fucking brilliant film with one of the most insane shocking out of nowhere but brilliant endings ever. I'm not sure if I really rate Jack Nicholson as an actor too well, even when playing a role that's pretty straight he still comes across as a slightly unhinged crazy guy just because it's Jack Nicholson and he looks evil and insane all the time.

• Paid Members
I watched Chinatown last night for the first time. A fucking brilliant film with one of the most insane shocking out of nowhere but brilliant endings ever. I'm not sure if I really rate Jack Nicholson as an actor too well, even when playing a role that's pretty straight he still comes across as a slightly unhinged crazy guy just because it's Jack Nicholson and he looks evil and insane all the time.

Chinatown's brilliant - one of those films that only idiots don't like.