DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I watched Predator the other day. It was alright, but fell well short of the expectations I had after men on here raved about it. Is the second one any good?

Yes, it is. very different to the first one though.

It is a bit marmite though as some really dislike it because it isnt the first one. Danny Glover is an inspired choice as lead in Predator 2 imo

The original Conan film is a cracker. Great direction, great sound, amazing score. Arnie can't act a lick, but it really doesn't matter as he looks the part.

This new Conan then, is that the one that at some point HHH was attached to?

Was Land of Doom the mid 80's Mad Max ripoff? If so it had this incredible 6 food stand up advert in our local video shop, with a cardboard mock up of the bad guys razor hand with real knives on it.

Not a bad film at the time, but they all look awful now.

It was, yeah. Starring a Bruce Campbell lookalike.

Snowtown. Grim.

I dont know if it was because it was gone 10pm on the 3rd day of a film festival, and the fact it followed Cold Sweat (one of the more fast paced and crazy horrors of celluloid screams) but I thought Snowtown dragged a bit too much.

It was decent enough, but apart from two scenes, the rest of the movie kind of blends in together. (I have been meaning to rewatch when im actually prepared for a film like that, It was the celluloid screams secret film that closed the festival, and everyone expected something else)

Snowtown. Grim.

I dont know if it was because it was gone 10pm on the 3rd day of a film festival, and the fact it followed Cold Sweat (one of the more fast paced and crazy horrors of celluloid screams) but I thought Snowtown dragged a bit too much.

It was decent enough, but apart from two scenes, the rest of the movie kind of blends in together. (I have been meaning to rewatch when im actually prepared for a film like that, It was the celluloid screams secret film that closed the festival, and everyone expected something else)

Its hard to describe what i feel about Snowtown, I want to say i liked it but that would be weird. Its a very powerful and sinister film i thought.

Seen a good few films over the past few days,

Chronicle

pleasantly surprised, i wasn't too enthused by my mates proposed double bill of this and the next film...but this was a pleasant surprise. Not only did it have Wallace from the Wire! But i thought the other two actors were fantastic too. Theres something about the main guy, a young leo DiCaprio perhaps? Anyway, hugely enjoyable film, and the finale was class. Something new to the found footage genre for sure, lets see what the Director does next!

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

sigh, somehow i managed to let my mate talk me into seeing this. It was awful, the first one is better (but not by much) Its...just...so...shit. Words cannot describe how much i hate it. Possibly the only time I've been really annoyed at paying money to see something since the first Ghost Rider and Open Water

Warrior

Rather awesome, although sometimes I couldn't make out what Tom Hardy was saying, but a quite powerful film, and the fights were amazing.

The Muppets

I still have a smile on my face from this last night. Loved each and every single second of it. Could have done with some more John Krasinski though, that was barely a cameo! And the lack of Rizzo was disappointing, but other than that i loved it. I also thought Bret McKenzie was actually in it! :(

Edited by Cobra1000

I thought Warrior was a bit fucking ridiculous, how this unkown guy with no track record apart from some youtube vid of him beating a Chuck Liddell character gets into a big tournament was dumb. At least the other brother was a former UFC fighter and had formal training from a Greg Jackson style trainer. I also had issue how every takedown was a big slam, but obviously that's more down them being more cinematic than someone struggling to get a single leg after 30 seconds.

Watched Drive. I'd heard a lot of praise for it before seeing it, which is usually a setup for disappointment. Don't know what to think, really. It looked great. Wonderfully shot. Lovely soundtrack. And the action and gore was all rather exciting. But the story was very unimpressive. The main character seemed to have something wrong with him, and nobody else (even Heisenberg) stood out. The early bits when the guy was just hanging around with the woman and her son were painfully boring. It was good when it really got going, though.