DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Hannah Montana The Movie.

Bloody love the TV series, enjoyed the film but seemed totally different to the programme, not half as funny. She didn't say sweet niblets once! A good story but too girly lol

Please explain.

I'm more interested to know why he'd be under the impression it wouldn't be girly

Pandorum

This film was sort-of rubbish, then managed to briefly redeem itself by the end. Spaceship ark flees dying earth, heads for earth-type planet, but sometime on the way there a few crew members wake up from hypersleep to realise something bad is going on...wants to be like a million other, better, sci-fi films, and I think largely fails. The two films that were brought to mind were Doomsday Machine (awful US / Japanese pish from the 70s) and Doomsday (really awful British 2008 film), which is not a good thing. It had a million plot holes, and wasn't even terribly exciting to cover up for them.

Even though it represents the quickest download I've ever done (an entire HD-quality film in under 2 hours) it will be immediately deleted and never talked of again.

I've just finished watching The King of Kong.

It's a documentary about a man trying to break the world record for the origanal Donkey Kong arcade game from 1981. I wasn't expecting much but I really got into it, mostly due to the fact that the bloke seemed a really nice guy and the original record holder was a cunt.

I'd definately reccomend watching it, wether you're into games or not.

Heres a link for those of you with a Lovefilm supscription where you can watch it free. Link.

The Bone Collector. I'm either really smart or that film is hella predictable. I'm going with the latter. Plus I really do not understand the Angelina Jolie love. Her lips look like a prolapsed areshole.

If its any help, I wasnt keen on it either it just didnt click for some reason

Watched The Waterboy for the 1st time yesterday... Hmmmm maybe if id watched it when it came out I would have laughed, instead it was okay, the Colonel Sanders thing was about the funniest thing tbh

Happy Gilmore is way, way WAY better

• Moderators
The Bone Collector. I'm either really smart or that film is hella predictable. I'm going with the latter. Plus I really do not understand the Angelina Jolie love. Her lips look like a prolapsed areshole.

It's a shit film.

That's the second time in two days I've heard "lips like a prolapsed asshole". Is that from something, or have you just nicked it off Woyzeck saying it about Heidi Fleiss yesterday?

It's a shit film.

That's the second time in two days I've heard "lips like a prolapsed asshole". Is that from something, or have you just nicked it off Woyzeck saying it about Heidi Fleiss yesterday?

I can honestly say that I made this comment to my missus whilst watching the film. I haven't even touched the Big Brother thread, I have no interest. I can see why he made the same comment though.

You should be more concerned that we both know what a prolapsed arsehole looks like. Thank you efukt.com.

• Paid Members
I've just finished watching The King of Kong.

It's a documentary about a man trying to break the world record for the origanal Donkey Kong arcade game from 1981. I wasn't expecting much but I really got into it, mostly due to the fact that the bloke seemed a really nice guy and the original record holder was a cunt.

I'd definately reccomend watching it, wether you're into games or not.

Heres a link for those of you with a Lovefilm supscription where you can watch it free. Link.

I've seen that, it's a really good movie - I'm not a big fan of movie documentaries, but it was really watchable.

I also loved the fact that the original record holder was a bit of a cunt, and his name is Billy Mitchell.

Law Abiding Citizen

A father (that guy from 300) see`s his wife and daughter murdered. During the court case his lawyer (jamie foxx) says that theres not enough evidence to convict the guys but that one of the guys is willing to grass the other in for a plee bargain. The lawyer accepts, so one guy goes to death row the other is let out after 5 years. The fathers pissed. Blames it on the system and takes revenge by blowing up and killing all the folk that were involved in the case but tells the lawyer that if he can get him off with the murders (cause theres no hard evidence he actually done it) then he`ll stop.

It sounds over complicated and in a way it is.

The film struggles to work out what it wants to be. Is it a thriller? yes it is, the scenes between Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx are actually quite good. Theres a stress level you can see between the characters that makes you wanna know how they`re going to play each other. Is it an action film? yes it is, theres enough gun fire, explosions and fight scenes to keep things bright and firery. Is it gruesome? yes it is, in a `SAW` style the blood is dark and the murder scenes are very dirty.

So what is it? Its too much of everything. As plots go its not excellent, the gore seems to be placed in just for shock value and the plot curve balls are way out there. Its worth a watch but I wouldn`t go out your way to see it. Rent it.

You need a / in that last [ b ] , Mr. Kahoona.

I had noticed i just couldn`t be bothered to hit the edit button

And the DiBiase avatar gimmick is mine!!

ok, i shall change it

*edit*

<------- Better?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jimmy_kahoona

• Paid Members

The cottage, with spudgun and and some other of people I recognized but couldn't place.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was alright to start with, two brothers kidnap some load mouthed bint who's a mob boss daughter aided by her half brother. It sparks some good funny moments and an interesting film. Then as some Korean chaps turn up. After that it goes a bit down hill for me when she escapes and they all find a disfigured framer who's become a canable and kills any one who gets on his land. It then turns into a bit of a by the numbers comedy horror bit. Entertaining but nothing world shattering for me. The farmer kills them all until one gets him on the ropes and its implied he's dead, befor running into the cellar

It turns out is family tried to run years ago, so the mental ill disfigured farmer locked them in the cellar until they went all ferrel and they kill the last of them. After the credits the farmers seen attacking some one else

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Its worth a watch I guess, entertaining and fun but its nothing ground breaking.

Mirrors, in which that bloke from 24 gets shit up by his reflection

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

He gets a job guarding some burnt out shop when he notices some shit in the mirrors, fire, burning people screaming in pain and hand prints and a name. It turns out it used to be a hospital where some possessed girl from Pennsylvania had undergone some treatment for schizophrenia which had trapped the beast in the mirrors, how or why I don't fucking know. The mirrors then killed a load of patients and the hospital was shut. It then became a shop and the mirrors kept asking for the woman and showing freaky shit and killing selected people and their loved ones, so one bloke snapped and burnt the place down. since then the mirrors have killed people who go in their and their family's to try and get the woman back. 24 chap then cracks the mystery above in stages and finds her as a nun and takes her back. She explodes and he fights some demon while the mirrors in his house try and kill his family, like it had done to his sister some 40 minutes previous. He kills the daemon and his family is safe, but when he walks outside every things back to front and he is now in some mirror land or something, how or why I don't fucking know but I assume it has something to do with him falling into the reflection in the water when he killed the beast or something

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Despite the some what inconclusive end it was a good film in my view, and the plot built quite well, much better than I make it sound. I'd have liked a bit longer playing on the "is it real or his he mad" bit, something crushed quite quick sadly but it doesn't really hold it back. Overall I quite enjoyed watching it despite it not being my thing at all, any one who's thing it is would more than likely hate it though.

Edited by Tommy!

I'm on a bit of a movie kick. In the last four days...

Whip It - Ellen Page plays a small-town teen stuck in a 50's-esque life and seeking refuge in the 70's-esque world of roller derby. Except it's in the modern day. It was weird. It's not such a bad movie though, even if it is essentially clich

Edited by textonly