DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I watched Premonition last night on Channel 4 as it got a recommendation in the newspaper and the synopsis looked good. On imdb it only got 5.7 or something.

Well, I really enjoyed it, even though you could predict what was going to happen.

My only problem was that the ending was terrible. They didn't follow through on what had happened earlier in the film at all.

• Paid Members

I went to a special advanced preview screening thing of

today. It's Drew Barrymore's directorial debut, not high brow or anything fancy but I really liked it. And I'm sure some of you [Woyczek] will like it as it's got girls in hotpants or skimpy skirts, fishnet tights and rollerskates battering the hell out of each other.

I went to a special advanced preview screening thing of
today. It's Drew Barrymore's directorial debut, not high brow or anything fancy but I really liked it. And I'm sure some of you [Woyczek] will like it as it's got girls in hotpants or skimpy skirts, fishnet tights and rollerskates battering the hell out of each other.

Hey, that looks quite good! Cheers for the heads up.

Pom Pom Girls - atrocious 1970s teen movie for teens rather than perverts nonsense that makes literally no sense.

Wake Up, Ron Burgundy - A mash up of deleted scenes and aborted plot lines coupled with a new narrative to try and have it all make sense. Enough laugh out loud moments but obviously not as good as Anchorman. Still, more Brick Tamland is a massive win.

Turtles Forever - What, you haven't seen this? Oh man, the fanboy's wet dream as the Turtles of 1987 wind up in the same dimension as the Turtles of 2003, much to the chagrin of the modern-day Raphael (of course) as the Shredder (the alien one from '03, not the bumbling '87 version - though he is there, along with Krang) discovers a multi-verse of Turtle dimensions and figures the only way to solve his problem is go after the original template known at Turtle Prime...leading to the arrival of the original 1984 Eastman and Laird black and white comic book foursome, as the twelve turtles band together in the hope of thwarting the erasure of the entire franchise.

In-jokes, parodies, cameos (Irma!), everyone being confused every time 1987 Raphael breaks the fourth wall and cracks a joke to the camera, 2003 Michaelangelo being enamoured with the '87 gang and Raphael (the 2003 one) falling in love with the bleakness of grimy, dark, black and white New York...all of it, wow. No James Avery or Cam Clarke though. Boo-urns.

Just watched Happy Go Lucky on Channel 4. Really liked it.

Watched that too. Flipping amazing film, heard good things but for a film that doesnt really go anywhere ( nothing much happens)its very engrossing and its very very funny.

Gave up with Turtles Forever, SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

couldnt get around the voice cast changes especially Shredder and the ploty which saw the 1980s versions of the Turtles be annoying and just a headache for the (sic) modern turtles was just too much. 1980s Krang/ shredder as a purely comedy chractert was shite also

I watched a movie called Carriers which was really, really terrible. It seemed like a whole lot of time and effort to get to where it ended up. Time that I won't get back.

I made up for it by watching Home Alone. I still love the scene with the pizza guy being scared away, and obviously the booby traps in the house.