General politics discussion thread

David

Fair enough aaron. Could you please give me a succinct definition of what a corporation is?

World English Dictionary

corporation

— n

1. a group of people authorized by law to act as a legal personality and having its own powers, duties, and liabilities

2. Also called: municipal corporation the municipal authorities of a city or town

3. a group of people acting as one body

4. See public corporation

5. informal a large paunch or belly

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/corporation

Easy :thumbsup: See, Loki and all the other haters could of done it themselves! Simples :p

Pick which one applies and you've got it!

Makes me laugh how it's such a playground mentality on here at times :rolleyes:

Edited by Dynamite Duane

So, the other news this week apart from the strikes is that our economy is well fucked.

You have to admire the bollocks of the Chancellors though - the medicine's not been working, let's take some more! The prospect of UK growth has halved since the start of his austerity drive, but he's going to crack on.

Is he right? Is more cuts the only option and the whole thing is down to the Euro crisis? Or are the Tories just destroying the small measure of recovery that was already happening when the coalition came in?

So, the other news this week apart from the strikes is that our economy is well fucked.

You have to admire the bollocks of the Chancellors though - the medicine's not been working, let's take some more! The prospect of UK growth has halved since the start of his austerity drive, but he's going to crack on.

Is he right? Is more cuts the only option and the whole thing is down to the Euro crisis? Or are the Tories just destroying the small measure of recovery that was already happening when the coalition came in?

Has anyone ever suspected Osborne has the slightest clue what he's doing? Quite apart from the fact I don't trust him or his ilk as far as the bloke who killed the fugitive's wife could throw them, he seems utterly unqualified in every way to be doing the job he's in.

I wonder how he ever suspected consumers were going to start spending money again when many of us are living in ongoing fear of losing jobs, pensions and, in some cases, homes. Previously disposable cash is now being either spent on paying off existing debts or saving for the future, because very few people feel any security at present. That underlying climate of fear is never going to be a recipe for economic growth.

Has anyone ever suspected Osborne has the slightest clue what he's doing? Quite apart from the fact I don't trust him or his ilk as far as the bloke who killed the fugitive's wife could throw them, he seems utterly unqualified in every way to be doing the job he's in.

I wonder how he ever suspected consumers were going to start spending money again when many of us are living in ongoing fear of losing jobs, pensions and, in some cases, homes. Previously disposable cash is now being either spent on paying off existing debts or saving for the future, because very few people feel any security at present. That underlying climate of fear is never going to be a recipe for economic growth.

I think he knows exactly what he's doing, he's reducing the size of the state as much as he can while protecting the very rich. It's what tories always do, the deficit's just a useful excuse for them to do what they always do anyway. I doubt he particularly cares how it affects the country as a whole.

I think he does care, inasmuchas I think he believes what he's doing will work. He fundamentally believes that protecting businesses and the rich people who run them protects the economy in the long run as they are the people who generate economic growth. He also fundamentally believes that the public sector is a drain on the country, and that the smaller it is (and the more of its function is done by private companies) the better it will be.

Almost all Tories believe this. One can only imagine how much further they'd have taken that ideology if they didn't have to temper it to please their Lib Dem colleagues.

Interesting how this is getting virtually no coverage:

Organized threat against Iran's UK embassy

Anti-Iran mobs have attacked Iran's embassy in London and breached security in a coordinated and planned move, reports say.

The incident happened less than 24 hours before the deadline Britain had given Iran to close its embassy in London and remove its diplomats from the British soil.

Reports say that other organizations affiliated to the Iranian embassy have also been targeted by mobs.

The reports added, “Iran demands the swift British authorities' action against any threat and secure safe departure of Iranian diplomats from British soil in defined time scale.”

The Iranian embassy along with residence buildings are located in Prince's Gate prestigious area.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/213228.html

George Galloway did present some footage of the Iranian embassy in London being attacked, on Press TV just now. But I can't seem to find that at the minute...

Edited by Vice