General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members
Something worthy of note regards all 3 parties is that think tank Demos helps create their policies and branding, hence so little difference between all 3 in the debates leading towards 2010 election, and the reason why we had a hung parliament. Something to look into.

Good idea. Do it. Then report back to us with your findings.

• Moderators
Heaven forbid that political minds from across the parties get together to try and debate and argue political dogma away from the trenches of Commons. Clearly, this is where they unzip their lizard skins and lounge in baths of human blood whilst sucking the brains of babies through a straw.

Wouldn't they be unzipping their human skins?

Anyway.. the point is that if this is a forum with significant decision making power then it should be transparent. So that's why it's worth looking at. At the same time I wouldn't want discussion to be totally stifled and if everything is out in the open then it would be. It clearly a delicate balance..

It is though - all Demos publications are free to download from their webiste under the Creative Commons licence.

http://www.demos.co.uk/publications

It has no decision-making power at all; it is however hugely influential in terms of policy direction. That's two entirely different things.

p.s they unzip their human skins THEN their lizard skins, under which they are revealed to be grey aliens. Triple bluff!

Edited by Loki

Wasn't that "Goldman Sachs" guy exposed to be a total no one? It was liked to the incident at the beeb where that guy turned up for an IT interview and was put live on air.

If it's the interview I saw (The bloke saying he was dreaming of a recession, that the guy?) he was an independant trader.

And it's called talking down the market, he's gone short (ie betting everything will go down on price) he goes on telly to tell everyone else to do the same, if they do it brings the market value down and he ends up earning from it.

• Paid Members
I watched the excellent expose of the BNP's fraudulent practises on the Panorama. If only the BBC journalists could use their investigative skills on political charity Common Purpose, exposing that taxpayer money is paying for all these courses on leadership.

Of course, you haven't got a vested interest in Common Purpose at all, have you Duane?

Wasn't that "Goldman Sachs" guy exposed to be a total no one? It was liked to the incident at the beeb where that guy turned up for an IT interview and was put live on air.

If it's the interview I saw (The bloke saying he was dreaming of a recession, that the guy?) he was an independant trader.

And it's called talking down the market, he's gone short (ie betting everything will go down on price) he goes on telly to tell everyone else to do the same, if they do it brings the market value down and he ends up earning from it.

Yeah that's him, he is an independant trader but a very very small time one and a shit one, I'm sure his portfolio has returned about two grand in 5 years, something like that. I'm on my phone now but when I get home I will link it properly.

Basically, he is a no one and it was a massive mistake to give him airtime as he is nowhere near an authority on the markets.

• Paid Members

Not exactly a shock, but protests are made up of a diverse range of people, some of whom don't fit a stereotype.

A bit like how you support the EDL but aren't a racist, illiterate, bigoted, fascist, shaven-headed lager-drinking yob with no job and a lengthy criminal record for violence.

Presumably.