*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

• Moderators
I remember showing my uncle some racing game or other at Christmas a few years back and he was saying he didn't know how I could play videogames without having to keep looking down at the buttons as well. I tried to explain that he doesn't look down at the pedals or the gear stick that often when he's driving his car, but was told that it's not the same thing.

I found out through recently playing some "ninja something" indie game that I don't know the colours of the buttons on the Xbox very well (you have to press the correct button at the right time as your ninja plummets very quickly). That was a bit upsetting.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get the color scheme Xbox controllers either. I'm fine when I'm playing a game, but ask me to rattle off the button names and colours without looking at a pad and I don't have a clue. Thankfully it's not something you need to know as a general rule.

The only other game I can think of that requires this knowledge would be Boom Boom Rocket. What a bastard of a game that is...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Most will likely think it's a pointless rant, but it's annoying the fuck out of me today.

Anger Level 3.5

People who post Let's Play videos on youtube and other places.

SHUT THE FUCK UP! 99% of the time you are shit, your voice is shit, and your constant barrage of utter dross will inspire me to switch the fuck off the video.

This began when I found Game Anyone. A website which has videos of old games being completed which I found while looking for an Auf Weidersehen Monty video walkthrough, of course, there was no walkthrough for that game (thankyou fucking Google for directing me to a ton of dead ends), but upon finding plenty of walkthroughs of other games I decided to try seeing what is there, and holy shit do none of those assholes know how to shut up?

If you think I may be overreacting, here's some examples:

Level 1 of the very first Duke Nukem game (the side scroller) - http://www.gameanyone.com/video/182613

Alex Kidd And The Lost Stars - http://www.gameanyone.com/video/222580

Argh!

But to top it off, I found a link elsewhere to That Guy With The Glasses, which had a Let's Play for Silent Hill 1...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolink...ill-lp-part-1a2

I dare you to get past the fucking intro video. The guy seems to have this absurd notion that anyone listening to him might enjoy his voice or think he sounds entertaining and funny as he sarcastically sings along to the intro. Which turns what could have been a somewhat entertaining video into something that grates worse than nails down a blackboard.

Why do people insist on doing that crap? Here's a fucking imaginative notion, shut the fuck up and let me watch the game being completed. If you want to give your opinions on it there's a nice big text box you can post it in, or if it's for a website, post it on the fucking website. If you really, desperately, want to put your voice on the video add it afterwards, or record it as a seperate sound file and upload two versions, one for masochists who want to hear your cuntish voice blabbering on about nothing worthwhile, and one for normal people who don't wish to hear some twat who marks out for himself. Then you can pay attention to how many people watch each video and when you come to realize the majority give your talking a miss and go right to the game alone hopefully you'll know that you talking over them actually decreases peoples enjoyment of the video, yes your voice is shit.

I still don't get the color scheme Xbox controllers either. I'm fine when I'm playing a game, but ask me to rattle off the button names and colours without looking at a pad and I don't have a clue. Thankfully it's not something you need to know as a general rule.

The only other game I can think of that requires this knowledge would be Boom Boom Rocket. What a bastard of a game that is...

I don't know the colour scheme at all. I still call the buttons triangle, circle, square and x. Confuses my nephew to no end when I say press X and he's like, "It's not working!"

• Paid Members

ASDA are shit anyway. When they opened a new store up here I wound up going for a group interview in there and at one point had us in groups of four building a house of cards. Because hey, playing with cards is apparently important in shelf stacking. I wasn't offered a job I found out because our group had individually tried to build a house of cards and had the person who was best at it (which wound up being me) complete the job. Apparently this was an issue because it didn't show good teamwork.

Fuck teamwork, if I want someone to put some biscuits on a shelf I want them to fucking get on with it, not piss about with 3 other people and never actually get anywhere with it. The people who wound up getting the jobs were the groups who failed to even get the first level of the card houses done because they worked better together. They didn't do anything except fail. That's failure in every sense of the word. Instead of doing the job asked of them they fucked up spectacularly and did nothing in the 10 minutes we were given. How are they going to be better at stacking shelves than someone who got on with the damned job?

were neither of you even good enough for the 'space here' sign jobs? no disrespect meant as I found the post above hilarious and know exactly where he is coming from as most recruitment processes are round the twist

• Paid Members

I think my flaw was that I took the initiative too much in the interview, which for some reason ASDA doesn't like. It seems more like they want people who are too stupid to have a mind of their own (hell, just look at their staff for evidence of that).

• Paid Members

Anger Level 985229824673409645638653507120653986675464638789723509:

Last night I dreamed about going to a public toilet. That's all, the effing toilet. The same man pushed infront of me twice and another man went up my leg while everyone watched approvingly.

Turns out it was a warning....

Tonight I had some thicko's piss ricochet off the back of a urinal and onto my forearm. READ THE GUIDE ON URINAL ETIQUETTE, STAND ONE PERSON AWAY, WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND AIM DOWN YOU FAT FUCKING SPASTIC-COCKED SHITMONG!!!!

Archived