*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still thought they looked a good size, but a bit on the droopy side.

With the padding, she looked like one of those lasses who tries to get men to stare at her tits as much as possible so they won't notice her belly.

Upgraded my phone and got a BlackBerry Torch. It's sound as fuck but the back cover is harder to remove than a previous conviction for a sex offence. Glad I haven't bitten my nails for a while as it's giving me a fighting chance.

EDIT - HA, fuck you, BlackBerry. I win!! RIP, Nails.

People who aren't into theatre or acting probably won't sympathise with me at all here, but those who are interested may know where I'm coming from.

I absolutely hate physical theatre. I just don't get it. Now I'm all for energetic and lively stage performances, but when you wave your arms in there air there is absolutely NO way that it means you are having an outer-body experience as some people would insist.

But that's only partly the reason why I hate it. I'm doing an Acting degree at an Arts uni and near enough everybody on my course swears that the only theatre worth watching or performing is physical theatre, and I don't mean energetic theatre, I mean make moon shapes with your arms, stretch out your leg to symbolise angst, and make your body into a diagonal shape to show the colour green theatre.

I'm in a 4-person cast for one of our third year final shows and the other 3 all swear by it and have already started discussing how they could make it into a brilliant form of physical theatre.

It's actually getting to the point where every piece of work we do turns into physical theatre. What's so wrong with a bit of naturalism?

People who aren't into theatre or acting probably won't sympathise with me at all here, but those who are interested may know where I'm coming from.

I absolutely hate physical theatre. I just don't get it. Now I'm all for energetic and lively stage performances, but when you wave your arms in there air there is absolutely NO way that it means you are having an outer-body experience as some people would insist.

But that's only partly the reason why I hate it. I'm doing an Acting degree at an Arts uni and near enough everybody on my course swears that the only theatre worth watching or performing is physical theatre, and I don't mean energetic theatre, I mean make moon shapes with your arms, stretch out your leg to symbolise angst, and make your body into a diagonal shape to show the colour green theatre.

I'm in a 4-person cast for one of our third year final shows and the other 3 all swear by it and have already started discussing how they could make it into a brilliant form of physical theatre.

It's actually getting to the point where every piece of work we do turns into physical theatre. What's so wrong with a bit of naturalism?

Im due to start my MA in Acting next year and am worried to this popping up allright

Im due to start my MA in Acting next year and am worried to this popping up allright

Out of curiosity, where will you be studying?

I can sympathise, Slapnut, physical theater is the kind of thing people pretend to like because it makes them seem more intelligent.

if anything it would make you seem stupider, liking an arty farty version of Head Shoulder Knees & Toes.

I can sympathise, Slapnut, physical theater is the kind of thing people pretend to like because it makes them seem more intelligent.

if anything it would make you seem stupider, liking an arty farty version of Head Shoulder Knees & Toes.

Depends whether you're surrounded by Nathan Barley clones. Obviously there's a few of them around, otherwise Tracy Emin would be living outside a train station in her fucking unmade bed.

Current anger level: 2.5

I was at home last Thursday until Tuesday (26/05-31/05). When I left my flat in Leeds to go home, there were a few things next to the sink. You know, the usual sort of things like a bowl or two from people's breakfast and a plate from the night before when someone's come in from a night and decided they want something to eat before they go to bed. I thought nothing of it, that sort of thing is usually there, and the person/people responsible will clean up once they wake up. When I got back on the Tuesday though, those items were still there, plus a shitload more.

I've been pretty busy through the last week trying to sort out various things for my drumming group since I'm on the committee for it next year, and since the other committee members have all gone home, I've been left to sort things. This was made worse by the fact that the president hasn't been forwarding emails on to us, so we almost missed the deadline for the budget report and request for subsidies next year. The guy who runs the group (officially an "external facilitator") has been getting annoyed at the other members too for lack of communication on matters, and it's at a point where I'm now the first point of contact from the university.

That's enough on that side note, but still rant-worthy I feel...plus it adds to the original rant, which I'll get back to.

The sidenote has meant that I've not been in the flat a lot the last couple of days, and while everyone has finished exams, I would have thought that they could easily take a few minutes and clean their respective messes in the kitchen. It hasn't happened though and the piles have just grown and grown. When I have been in the flat and making meals, I've been using what's left of the clean stuff and then washing it up as soon as I'm finished, which is partially down to my own dislike of knowing I've got dishes to clean at a later date. But we get to today, Sunday. That's what, 10 days since I went home? There have been dishes sat there for 10 days not being washed and I got sick of looking at them and decided to clean up. It's taken me an hour and a half to wash everything in there, the floor still needs to be swept and the tops need to be wiped as well, which I'll get back to once I've finished ranting.

Maybe it's just me, that's a bit disgusting to have dirty dishes sat there for that long. I know we're students and there's that stereotype of students living in filth and so on, but it isn't actually meant to be a reality. I'm not in it for the gratitude, but I doubt I'll get a thank you from my flatmates...I'm not sure whether that bugs me the most, or the fact that I can be almost certain that in a few days time, that pile will have started to grow again.

The sidenote has meant that I've not been in the flat a lot the last couple of days, and while everyone has finished exams, I would have thought that they could easily take a few minutes and clean their respective messes in the kitchen. It hasn't happened though and the piles have just grown and grown. When I have been in the flat and making meals, I've been using what's left of the clean stuff and then washing it up as soon as I'm finished, which is partially down to my own dislike of knowing I've got dishes to clean at a later date. But we get to today, Sunday. That's what, 10 days since I went home? There have been dishes sat there for 10 days not being washed and I got sick of looking at them and decided to clean up. It's taken me an hour and a half to wash everything in there, the floor still needs to be swept and the tops need to be wiped as well, which I'll get back to once I've finished ranting.

Maybe it's just me, that's a bit disgusting to have dirty dishes sat there for that long. I know we're students and there's that stereotype of students living in filth and so on, but it isn't actually meant to be a reality. I'm not in it for the gratitude, but I doubt I'll get a thank you from my flatmates...I'm not sure whether that bugs me the most, or the fact that I can be almost certain that in a few days time, that pile will have started to grow again.

Sounds like my experience with my flatmate last year (we were both postgraduates in our late 20s, btw). I'm also one who likes to eat and clean up after myself immediately, but my flatmate had a horrible tendency of eating a big meal at about half nine at night, running a sink full of soapy water, hoying all his pans and plates in it, and then just going to bed and leaving it. Not only this, but he wouldn't even scrape his leftover food into the bin before he chucked all his stuff in the sink, so you'd get minging bits of rice and sweetcorn floating around in cold, scuzzy water for days afterwards.

One time, he went away for about a week after leaving a sink full of this shite, so I just took a couple of plates, a knife, fork and spoon for myself, and left the mess in the sink for him to clean up when he got back. I pulled him up about it when he got back, and to be fair he apologised and sorted it out. I know it's easier when you're just living with one person, but it might be in your interests to do something similar with your flatmates. Other people's mess is fucking disgusting to look at, but if you do their cleaning for them, they'll never take responsibility for it.

Archived