*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Passive aggressive notes is something that I've been told to do by someone else, so maybe. :p

Unless it gets to a similar state, it won't really annoy me again. The contract for this place expires at the end of the month and I'm not living with any of them next year anyway.

I used to work with a mate who did house clearances and he told me some horror stories about student houses overrun with mice and other vermin. Girls waking up with a mouse on the pillow next to their head, bathrooms just teeming with silverfish, it doesn't bear thinking about.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Anger level 3

Went up to see my daughter tonight, and there's a letter there addressed to me. I open it, and it's from some debt collection agency claiming that their "tracing team" has confirmed me as a resident there, and that I've been clearly ignoring all previous requests to pay money I owe.

Firstly, I don't owe anyone money. No credit cards. No loans. Nothing on fucking hire purchase. No arsing phone contracts.

Secondly, they've "confirmed" me as living at a different address? How the fuck? Considering I've spent the last 15 months in and out of work, so signing on and claiming housing benefit, it's not like my actual address is a fucking secret. Does this mean their debt collectors are going to do the heavy/bullshit routine and start trying to take my ex's stuff?

Ignoring previous requests? Absolutely no other letters regarding this have come to either my address or my ex's. Lying cunts. I don't even know who they're claiming I owe fucking money too.

If the phone call to them in the morning doesn't go well, this will be getting upgraded to a 4.

Anger level 3

Went up to see my daughter tonight, and there's a letter there addressed to me. I open it, and it's from some debt collection agency claiming that their "tracing team" has confirmed me as a resident there, and that I've been clearly ignoring all previous requests to pay money I owe.

Firstly, I don't owe anyone money. No credit cards. No loans. Nothing on fucking hire purchase. No arsing phone contracts.

Secondly, they've "confirmed" me as living at a different address? How the fuck? Considering I've spent the last 15 months in and out of work, so signing on and claiming housing benefit, it's not like my actual address is a fucking secret. Does this mean their debt collectors are going to do the heavy/bullshit routine and start trying to take my ex's stuff?

Ignoring previous requests? Absolutely no other letters regarding this have come to either my address or my ex's. Lying cunts. I don't even know who they're claiming I owe fucking money too.

If the phone call to them in the morning doesn't go well, this will be getting upgraded to a 4.

Don't phone them, that is their trap.

Use Google and trace their contact details, you're bound to find out who they are and what their tricks are.

If they turn out to be a reputable company (I highly doubt it.) still do not call them. Wait for another letter, do not open it and return it to the address on the back of the envelope with Addresse Not Here. Along with a letter stating that you don't know who said person is/they are no longer the house-holder/tennant at the property with no names or signatures on it. However do send it recorded and requiring a signature and keep/trace the proof they have received it.

If they continue to send letters, still ignore them. A baliff/collector cannot do anything unless they have a court order and police pressence. You have to be notified of a court date if it ever goes that far. A baliff/collector cannot remove content from a house unless it is that of the person who is the debt holder. The letters are meaningless threats and anyone who comes to the door is there for intimidation purposes only unless they have a court order. They cannot enter the property nor demand anything from you. You don't even have to answer the door or any of their questions. If at any point they do turn up without a court order, state that it is harassment without proof, take their name, and reg plates if possible and state that they will be reported to the police, that usually moves them on without any hassle.

Use the money saving expert forums as well, it is a gold mine of information on how to deal with debt collection agencies and what you can do about it. I deal with this with a lot of my clients.

Do not worry for the time being, they can't do shit.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also watch out for random texts from numbers claiming to be a lost friend who's forgot a lot about you or from personal injury companies and like claiming they can win you money for X, Y & Z. Debt collection agencies are using this as a guise and an underhanded tactic to extract information from people.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Digging this up. A family friend of my missus' suffered a family bereavement a few years ago (won't go into the details). Anyway, we've just heard that she went to see a clairvoyant last night, who repeated back a bunch of details about the death that were reported in multiple newspapers, including some stuff about the stuff that lead to the death not being exactly as was concluded by police. She also mentioned that the late relative was fine with a big, very contentious decision she'd made a few months after his death, that he almost certainly wouldn't have been fine with. Needless to say, she's feeling a lot better and is even reconsidering her atheism, because now she thinks she has proof that there's something more.

The whole thing makes me fucking sick to my stomach. What's fucking wrong with this people that they think it's morally acceptable to bullshit to vulnerable, grieving people and take their money? And it was a lot of money, too. If it makes her feel better, that's all well and good, but lying to people and demanding a fuckload of money to do so is the lowest, most despicable way of making someone feel better than I can imagine. Clairvoyants and mediums fucking disgust me. Absolute fucking scum.

I'm at around a 4

A bit of background first. Since I turned 18 last November my social life has sky rocketed into being out most weekends. This led to us developing into a big group of around 20 people. We all got on relatively well for the majority of the time. But for the last month/ six weeks or so the group has slowly started to divide and people have been pushed out. The main arguments started like three weeks ago. Basically in two weeks time our results come out plus two of the lads planned nights out in Cardiff for their Birthdays as well as going out in Cardiff for Results night. Three nights out in a week was a lot so I suggested combining the 2 Birthday events into one so everyone could afford it. However the majority of people decided to only go to results night and one night out and to pretty much not go out for one of my mates Birthdays. This was obviously pretty annoying for my mate who had planned it all. I basically was called selfish and "awkward" for wanting to include everyone so my response was basically "fuck up". Anyway after a few days I spoke to everyone and they came to the conclusion that I was being argumentative etc but everything was good.

Anyway since that point many of the group have been out and about and have done stuff at their houses without including me and a load of others who don't follow them like sheep. They said that "Everyone can't be included" and that "I was jumping to conclusions" about us not being involved. I thought fine fair enough we should have a night out just to see everyone and to make sure all was good. So on Thursday I wrote in a group message on Facebook "Does anyone fancy going out Saturday night?" Had 1 or 2 responses but nothing from the majority. So I decided as no one was likely going out i'd have a night in and go out on Sunday instead to a pre-arranged 18th Birthday celebration that all were invited to. Anyway tonight a picture was posted on Facebook showing them out in Wetherspoons, basically showing that i'm pretty widely disliked within the group.

So yeah pretty pissed off with this situation.

Digging this up. A family friend of my missus' suffered a family bereavement a few years ago (won't go into the details). Anyway, we've just heard that she went to see a clairvoyant last night, who repeated back a bunch of details about the death that were reported in multiple newspapers, including some stuff about the stuff that lead to the death not being exactly as was concluded by police. She also mentioned that the late relative was fine with a big, very contentious decision she'd made a few months after his death, that he almost certainly wouldn't have been fine with. Needless to say, she's feeling a lot better and is even reconsidering her atheism, because now she thinks she has proof that there's something more.

The whole thing makes me fucking sick to my stomach. What's fucking wrong with this people that they think it's morally acceptable to bullshit to vulnerable, grieving people and take their money? And it was a lot of money, too. If it makes her feel better, that's all well and good, but lying to people and demanding a fuckload of money to do so is the lowest, most despicable way of making someone feel better than I can imagine. Clairvoyants and mediums fucking disgust me. Absolute fucking scum.

My mother had one at her house after my dad died, telling her all the things she wanted to hear. I've no idea how much she paid her, but it pissed me off. I could've spent that money on wrestling figures and Kinder chocolate. The thing you have to remember is that ultimately, the only people who pay them any heed are full morons, so there's no point being angry at the mediums. Yes they're dirty exploitative bastards, but anyone thick enough to believe them deserves to be ripped off.

• Paid Members

Nah, I think the people that take advantage of the thick/vulnerable are worse. Grief like what the woman in question went through (and, again without going into detial, it was fucking horrible) can leave a previously rational person doing things they wouldn't have contemplated before. She's not blameless, because she was obviously looking for validation on the thing that she did, but for me, the much greater blame lies with the people who've built an industry on fleecing the vulnerable and the stupid.

Nah, I think the people that take advantage of the thick/vulnerable are worse. Grief like what the woman in question went through (and, again without going into detial, it was fucking horrible) can leave a previously rational person doing things they wouldn't have contemplated before. She's not blameless, because she was obviously looking for validation on the thing that she did, but for me, the much greater blame lies with the people who've built an industry on fleecing the vulnerable and the stupid.

catholicpriest.jpg

Are you not a wrestling fan?

• Paid Members

Anger Level 3.

Cyclists bother me. Saw a bunch of older males (50+) rattle their bells trying to get a mother and her small child to move faster. Absolutely appalling behaviour. Nearly crashed into the both of them. Luckily passers by gave the older males a piece of their mind. I could easily sell my bike now, behaviour like that sickens me. I never use my bell. I'm not in any rush. I just get off the bike and walk for a bit.

If you ever see a male, 40+ on a bicycle, always assume they are dodgy. I've always found that.

Archived