*OFFICIAL* UKFF RANT thread

neil

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Basically, the girl who I've fallen out with says it's my mistake and I shouldn't have offered to buy the second lot of tickets because there was always the risk they wouldn't sell.

She doesn't have any money, her boyfriend isn't much better off and my ex has just finished her masters so has no money at all.

It's not so much that I expect that they should pay me for the tickets, it was my decision. My ex said she felt really bad and said she wished she had the money to at least give me her share of the loss but I'm not about to cause arguments with people over it, it doesn't seem like I'm really going to get anywhere.

• Paid Members
The tickets would make an excellent secret santa gift.

Festival starts tomorrow.

However, if anyone wants the tickets, they can have them just so they don't go to waste.

• Paid Members

So you shouldn't have offered, but they were all fine with you taking the risk despite knowing that they had no money to give you should it all fall through. That's just lovely. I'd give that a 5, and that's without your ex essentially asking you to hook her new man up with a ticket.

Methinks you're a bit too nice for your own good.

• Paid Members

This is the first time me being nice has blown up in my face massively... But yeah, maybe. I do go out of my way to do things for my friends.

Maybe it's some sort of karmic retribution for breaking up with my ex...

• Paid Members

Occasionally you need to bug out and smack a bitch, or so the rappers tell me.

Actually I don't see anything wrong with going out of your way for your friends and being nice and sending people Christmas cards for being in Secret Santa :love: , I suppose you just have to decide whether or not they deserve it on the odd occasion where it backfires on you.

• Paid Members

:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks mate, I needed that. In fairness, I've never tried to sell tickets for anything before and failed so I didn't really expect this to happen.

I notice you've not actually entered the Secret Santa this time so no card for you this year!

My face is just un-numbing from a dental trip. The dentist was nice enough to spend twenty minutes trying to yank out a decayed tooth (locking my knackered jaw twice), and when that heart-ripping "snap" finally came, kept working for another twenty minutes before telling me he's got to book me in for a hospital referral, as the roots won't come out, he'd only snapped the crown off and he doesn't have the tools to do it. Awesome.

On a side note, I'm ill as fuck too.

Dear world. Fuck you.

3 - though possibly over-reaction.

eBay fucked up on me. I used it to buy some stuff for Christmas as some stores have cheaper postage on there than their actual websites. Which makes much more sense to me. Brilliant. At the end of it all I buy some bits and pieces for a costume I'm putting together, do as 'd been doing all night - buy, pay move on. Except it didn't go through despite me going through all the usual steps.

I noticed in the morning and clicked 'pay for your items' in My eBay. Simple enough, done. Except it still didn't work. Instead the screen froze, ebay refreshed itself and now I've apparently ordered four of the same item and unless the sellers get back to me, I have to pay for them all.

Fuck.

To make maters worse, a while ago I added my mothers credit card details to paypal to buy a domain name on her behalf. I made several attempts to delete the info afterwards, but despite all my efforts - they've continued to use her card as my primary method of payment. I've now overspent without realising and owe her money. I explained this to her when I noticed it was still happening and she's fine with it.... but I'm not. I was fine with me being skint in order to buy my daughters christmas stuff, I'm not too thrilled about my mum being out of pocket until she visits and I pay her back.

Every time I use eBay or Paypal it always comes with annoyance. I never learn.

I noticed in the morning and clicked 'pay for your items' in My eBay. Simple enough, done. Except it still didn't work. Instead the screen froze, ebay refreshed itself and now I've apparently ordered four of the same item and unless the sellers get back to me, I have to pay for them all.

When the screen froze, did you keep clicking the 'pay' button hoping it would do something this time?

Never do that.

It's the same reason people end up with double and triple posts on here, but at least that only costs them a bit of mocking at worst.

If it looks like something hasn't worked, load up the site in a new window and check if what you were doing has gone through before trying again, preferably from scratch after closing the old window (copying and pasting if you've done a lot of typing).

On that, nope. I'd like to think I'm smarter than that ;) It wasn't even a case of having that 'Buy Item' button, or any option to select more. It was just the "Pay for your items" screen. If it was the generic item listing I'd assume it was a browser issue, but theres no way (I'm aware of) to add more items when in whats essentially a shopping cart with no option to buy more.

I've had a few problems with ebay - this one is new :/ Luckily I realised before I'd confirmed payment though according to them, it's up to the seller whether the transaction can be cancelled or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm getting seriously fucking pissed off with the fucking post here, my post has been really sporadic since the postal strike a while back and It's getting me really angry.

I ordered something from the States for myself (that was quite expensive) on the 15th of November, with the shipping option I chose they said it should arrive within 5-15 days, there's been no sign of it and I can't track it, all I know is it was sent on the 16th of nov, the item was limited edition and has since sold out so getting a replacement will not be an option.

I have done about half of my Christmas shopping online this year and I haven't received a single thing yet, I'm talking about maybe 10 things ordered from sites like Play.com, Amazon etc. Stuff that said allow 3-5 days for delivery and I ordered on the 7th-12th of Dec, Nothing's arrived! same for other people who live with me, I don't know if all the mail's gone to another house or something because I frequently get letters for other houses, I always post them to the correct house but I don't have time to go around asking door to door if people have any of my mail. It's probably fucking Christmas temp postmen sticking the letters in any fucking letterbox they fancy or just keeping them if it's obviously a dvd or game, I live in London, most people around here would probably just keep a dvd or game that was accidentally put through their letterbox.

I really hope my shit arrives in the next couple of days or I'm fucked, I called Royal Mail to see if I could find out what's going on but they had a recorded message saying we're too busy to talk to you, go to our website.

What the fuck is going on!?!?!

H

Odd as it may seem, i actually had a pretty nice day. Took a long walk around a nearby lake (took about a hour and three quarters) and enjoyed the frosty, but pretty winter landscape

Also had a lovely spaghetti bolognese for dinner. Now im just relaxing at home.

• Paid Members

I'm not so much angry as bitterly disappointed.

I've been living in St Katherine Docks for just over 4 months. It's a lovely, secluded area with a fantastic pub and a great looking Indian Restaurant.

Well, after 4 months and knowing i'm about to go away for 2 weeks I decided to finally try the restaurant. It was awful. My Bhuna was a greyish colour, the naan was seriously overcooked, the Keema in the rice was beyond anorexic and the onion bhaji's were watery.

The current Mrs Brownie fared slightly better, except for the hair she found in her G&T.

Overall, piss poor and such a disappointment that it made me angry.

I'm not so much angry as bitterly disappointed.

I've been living in St Katherine Docks for just over 4 months. It's a lovely, secluded area with a fantastic pub and a great looking Indian Restaurant.

Well, after 4 months and knowing i'm about to go away for 2 weeks I decided to finally try the restaurant. It was awful. My Bhuna was a greyish colour, the naan was seriously overcooked, the Keema in the rice was beyond anorexic and the onion bhaji's were watery.

The current Mrs Brownie fared slightly better, except for the hair she found in her G&T.

Overall, piss poor and such a disappointment that it made me angry.

I think of know of the restaurant in which you speak - called the Mala, I think? Opposite(ish) The Dickens Inn, with a nice view over the dock? Went there with a date a couple of months back; the food was decent, but nothing spectacular. I'd had far better at my local Indian take-away joint. Worst part was the ridiculous amount of time they took to clear our plates after the main. We'd have had dessert too, had they not waited an hour to offer us the menu. By that time, we were both ready to leave.

Despite asking several times for the dessert menu, and several times/people for the bill, they managed to take a grand total of two and a half hours before actually processing our payment and allowing us to leave. It's not even like they were trying to get us to buy drinks, as the waiters were absent (fucking around in the back, from what I saw) for the most part.

I wouldn't go back there. Christ knows how they function during the week, when you've got people going in there with only 60 minutes of their lunch break to play with.

Oh, and the wine we had was utter shite, though that isn't *really* the restaurant's fault...

Archived