The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

Been on holiday this week and decided to admit my age and take a long-wave radio along with the shorts and straw hat. First time I've ever listened to TMS for an extended time, let alone a full game. Think I picked the right match to start...

Welcome to the team. This weekend's coverage had everything to love about TMS - great cricket, bags of cake discussion, Blowers rapping, grumpy Aussies, celebrity cricket fans, Boycott-baiting, ongoing feuds with members of the crowd, and drama in abundance.

TMS on longwave is to be treasured though, as I doubt it'll be around much longer.

Unbelievable atmosphere and brilliant ending to a test match which pretty much had it all. It was just so tense, there was a group of Aussies who kept shouting "only 110 to go!" in a joking fashion until it starting really looking like they were going to do it. Anderson is just the tits really, isn't he? Really impressed with the Aussies flat out refusal to die, haven't seen that from then in a while. Fortunately I've got some tickets to Manchester too, but roll on Lords next Thursday.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see James Anderson give up ODIs and just concentrate on tests to prolong his career. He's just a brilliant bowler now. Once bowling coaches stopped arseing around with his bowling action he became the bowler that everyone hoped he would become. He's definitely the best seamer in the world at the moment, for me.

I've never considered him giving up the one dayers. He's not that old despite seeming like he's been around forever. He's been pretty fit for a long time now after getting over his early problems, though I'm sure he won't be bowling 13 over spells like today too often. It's probably something he'll be thinking about though, he's smashing records on an almost weekly basis on the top stage and I'm sure he'd like to keep at it as long as possible.

Edited by Harvey Dent

I arrived home from the US just in time for the first ball on Wednesday and watched every ball of the test. Brilliant advert for test cricket, although much closer than I expected. Agar looks a prospect!

With regards to Finn, he was very poor no doubt but I would keep him in for Lords, a pitch much better suited to seam, pace and bounce and of course his home ground. Another poor performance there though and I

• Paid Members
Been on holiday this week and decided to admit my age and take a long-wave radio along with the shorts and straw hat. First time I've ever listened to TMS for an extended time, let alone a full game. Think I picked the right match to start...

Welcome to the team. This weekend's coverage had everything to love about TMS - great cricket, bags of cake discussion, Blowers rapping, grumpy Aussies, celebrity cricket fans, Boycott-baiting, ongoing feuds with members of the crowd, and drama in abundance.

TMS on longwave is to be treasured though, as I doubt it'll be around much longer.

I think that the death of TMS would kill about 50% of my spirit.