The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I think if cricket's reached the level where, meant or otherwise, tailenders are going to be told that they're going to have their arms broken then that makes me love the game quite a lot less, really.

It's a measure of the man that is Michael Clarke, though. A petulant, foot-stamping, silver spoon wielding little turd and one of the most odious twerps ever to have played the sport. I have absolutely no respect for him as a player, captain or person.

That explains the performances of Trott then, but I wonder how long he's been hiding this. Flower said he's been successfully managing it for a while now. I read Trescothick's autobiography a while back and some of the stuff he went through was horrible, so if Trott is having the same experiences, then I feel for him. Trescothick mentioned the worst thing was rooming alone at night, I'm wondering if this is still the case - because sharing a room is surely better when you're away from home for months on end.

What happens now though? Bell up to three? Ballance or Bairstow in? Bairstow struggles against the short stuff too, so I'd probably go with Ballance. The tour game next week will be vital.

As for Clarke? I echo what's written above. Complete bell end.

• Paid Members
I think if cricket's reached the level where, meant or otherwise, tailenders are going to be told that they're going to have their arms broken then that makes me love the game quite a lot less, really.

It's a measure of the man that is Michael Clarke, though. A petulant, foot-stamping, silver spoon wielding little turd and one of the most odious twerps ever to have played the sport. I have absolutely no respect for him as a player, captain or person.

He's a twat of the highest order, and its now escalated to the point you talk about above - it's not a friendly rivalry right now, it's a nasty, shitty fight that I don't really want any part of.

• Paid Members

People keep saying "Oh, it's just the old Aussie attitude back!" but it isn't really. You've got that moron Warner who, when not participating in his hobby of twatting England openers for daring to wear a hat, says that he saw fear in Trott's eyes when it was suggested that the Aussie camp might have been aware of Trott's stress issues. Then this with Clarke.

Glenn McGrath and Merv Hughes used to sledge all the time but I don't recall anyone saying that they had received a physical threat from them. They would generally call you a useless cunt. Compare Ian Bell being called the Shermanator to Anderson being threatened with a broken arm. It's shite.

People keep saying "Oh, it's just the old Aussie attitude back!" but it isn't really. You've got that moron Warner who, when not participating in his hobby of twatting England openers for daring to wear a hat, says that he saw fear in Trott's eyes when it was suggested that the Aussie camp might have been aware of Trott's stress issues. Then this with Clarke.

Glenn McGrath and Merv Hughes used to sledge all the time but I don't recall anyone saying that they had received a physical threat from them. They would generally call you a useless cunt. Compare Ian Bell being called the Shermanator to Anderson being threatened with a broken arm. It's shite.

I think you are spot on about Warner, he was totally out of order. It

Edited by Guy Bifkin

• Paid Members

I honestly hadn't heard that about those bowlers and I would be really surprised if Malcolm Marshall especially said those kinds of things. A stare and a 95mph in-swinger always seemed to be his weapons of choice!

You're right, perhaps I've had my head in the sand and am only harping on about this point because it's all over the sodding media and because we lost and I'm bitter. If you are right, though, it's still something that I don't like and don't think should be a part of the game - especially, again, considering that James Anderson is no Brian Lara no matter how much Bumble may call him the 'Burnley Lara'.

I'm getting old though, Biffers. I remember playing my only game for the school first XI and some twat whipping one from off stump to the long leg boundary and glaring daggers at him and generally wishing every sexually transmitted disease and traffic related accident under the sun on him. But I'm not young and impetuous any more. I want my cricket to be more like this as the hairline recedes and the knackers wrinkle:-

Ashes cricket 2013 game taken off sale

Must say I'm thoroughly disappointed to see this game withdrawn. I had the pleasure of playing International Cricket 2011 on PS3, which was pretty much exactly the same game, but perhaps slightly less buggy. There was still an imperial fuckton of problems with it, but to play it on multiplayer was an absolute joy. It took you to another level of spirituality. NB I thought about putting this in the gaming thread, but you really need to be a cricket fan to understand the joy of this terrible game.

That game had such potential to be a good cricketing game to follow on from International Cricket, but it just sucked. I could accept them delaying the game originally until November, but I really have to wonder what they were doing.

The good news is that Don Bradman Cricket 14 (http://attackofthefanboy.com/videos/don-bradman-cricket-14-trailer/) looks nothing short of glorious. The one thing that is missing is licensing, though maybe they'll try and take that now that the Ashes game died on its arse. I'm interested by the idea of a career mode for the game and a DRS referral system. The graphics look better than Ashes Cricket and the gameplay looks rather divine.

In the real world...Ballance in at 3 for the second Test? Looked good in the tour game and I think the fact that they had him bat 3 in the short second innings is a telling sign. Keep Bell and Root at 5 and 6, let Ballance do his thing. From what I hear, Bresnan did alright in his return game too, so he must be a strong consideration for the game. Rankin and Finn managed to bowl themselves out of international cricket for the foreseeable future with some dire performances and Monty can still bowl. I think the Aussies would tear him to shreds if he gets a game though.

I don't think I'll bother watching tonight. Boycott's ranting at KP and Root for stupid shot selection within about five minutes of each other was a thing of beauty. Thing is, he's absolutely right.

Bell needs to bat at 3 in the second innings so we can anchor the innings around him. He might delay the sinking ship a while longer...

• 2 weeks later...