The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
I was thinking Trott as well. Despite being a dirty Bokker, he's had two decent seasons. Worth a go.

They need to move Bopara from 3 as well and get Collingwood up there instead. That just isn't working at all now.

No way is Collingwood ever a number 3. I agree Bopara doesnt really have the defense to play there either, its a troublesome position for us at the moment. Right from the team announcement we looked really light on batting, all it would take would be a few cheap dismissals and we'd be in trouble and thats exactly whats happened. We dont have another class all rounder to replace Freddie Flintoff and it really unbalances the team.

• Paid Members
australia 14-1 so far.

Cricinfo you ain't. We can see the score.

Weird pitch, this. Some deliveries are taking off and some are scooting.

Headingley, lad. There ain't no pitch like it.

I was thinking Trott as well. Despite being a dirty Bokker, he's had two decent seasons. Worth a go.

They need to move Bopara from 3 as well and get Collingwood up there instead. That just isn't working at all now.

Move Bopara out of the test side altogether, he's been absolute shit all series.

I was hoping that the TMS text team were playing some awful practical joke, but clearly not. It's been a while since we've had one of England's famous batting collapses, but I'm struggling to remember one this bad.

Harmison is bowling ok though, that could be our one saving grace.

• Paid Members
No way is Collingwood ever a number 3.

He has the temperament and the technique. Out of all the batsmen in our team, he is the best suited for the position.

Temperament yes, technique no.

He's normally pretty good in terms of defence and judging outside the off-stump. Obviously the hopeless prod today does my argument no good, but there you go!

If Bopara doesnt deliver in the next session then he must be dropped for the final test no question about it. Harmison taking the 1st wicket of the day was very good but his batting was dire. Think we should of gone with Trott or Sidebottom. Prior has really stepped up and done well with the bat on a day that everyone else was failing.

• Paid Members
Harmison taking the 1st wicket of the day was very good but his batting was dire.

In fairness, he wasn't there for his batting though, was he? He's bowled pretty inconsistently, but you expect that from him. Anderson has been awful though.

Great quote from BBC's text updates page:-

"If England were a woman they'd be Kim Wilde - they did something brilliant in 1981 and keep harking back to it all the time."