(Super) Street Fighter IV

bcwdarkside

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw some guy playing it in HMV today. It's looks pretty good and as I read that some of you have already got your copy,perhaps you could depart some info on how it plays and which version is better, cause I'm still like this :unsure:

• Paid Members

Indeed. When they were deciding what tweaks to make to everyone for SSF2 HD Remix, they consulted top players with every character, and T. Hawk was the only guy who didn't have any consultants discussing him. He's poor. Very poor. Still some terrific players with him online though.

Dee Jay is good, but it'd take a fair bit of demand because Capcom don't particularly like using the character. The talk of Ibuki and other SF3 characters is what interests me more. Yung, Yang, Dudley, Elena, plenty of characters I'd love to see return.

Spent about an hour on it last night and I love it. Instantly, I felt like I was back to the old school but with enough new school flair to make it well worth buying. For me, this is all about the multiplayer and when I have more time over the weekend, I'm definitely going to be doing a serious session online. Once I've played it more I'll probably be able to provide more of a detailed critique, but on face value, it's great :)

Fuck. I just got my paycheque.. I might have to leave my wallet in the office when I go out at lunchtime to stop me from buying this (I will get it at some point, but I'd rather pay a tenner less for it by ordering it offline, but I'm not sure I have that much self control)..

I may be doing it a dis-service but it's a

• Paid Members

Its freaking awesome. It really reminds me of how i felt playing SF2 Turbo all those years ago. Proper nostalgia fest but not in a play once a year sort of a way, i mean i wana play it so much i had a dream about playing it last night. It really is a must play for fans of the SF snes days. I absolutely love the online play. Ive had 8 fights and only lost 1 so far.

• Moderators
Fuck. I just got my paycheque.. I might have to leave my wallet in the office when I go out at lunchtime to stop me from buying this (I will get it at some point, but I'd rather pay a tenner less for it by ordering it offline, but I'm not sure I have that much self control)..

I may be doing it a dis-service but it's a

• Paid Members

Played for a couple of hours last night. Love the way that long time SF players can jump straight in but there appears to be enough new stuff to give the game legs. Not managed to take full advantage of the focus attacks yet, when & how to use them effectively etc but creamed when I did my first 17 hit Ultra Combo finish.

Finished the arcade mode on medium last night & started going through some of the time trials etc which unlock different colour costumes.

Zangief seemed to do 360 piledrivers on me at will & I'm unsure about having to press LK & LP to do a throw, especially when you're used to being able to throw a character after a well timed block by just using HP or HK.

IMO E Honda & Zangief are the best looking characters, wasn't keen on Rufus but only used him a couple of times, Chun Li seems a little slower too.

Hooking up with a bunch of mates tomorrow afternoon to really kick the arse out of multiplayer, this is where it'll shine.

Archived