(Super) Street Fighter IV

bcwdarkside

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Seth is beaten with perseverance. Wait until you want to unlock Akuma and Gouken. We had to beat him without losing a continue, which means Seth has to go down at the first attempt. When you do get to this, a word of advice, Seth is Sagat's bitch. Seriously, Whinehouse as Sagat vs Seth is a one sided affair, and it's not the guy with the washing machine in his gut who's winning.

The problem is that, to unlock people, you have to beat him with designated characters. I beat him with Sakura, but it took some work because she's a good character but has horribly low priority and gets totally stuffed by most of Seth's offense.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, and Akuma is tremendous. Because of revenge and super bar being separated, you can have two different Raging Demons ready to unleash at once. Absolutely deadly. The Ultra version is mental.

I've got the game been playing as Ryu on Arcade mode on medium.

God I suck at the game badly :(

I've yet to beat anyone in less that 5 attempts. I'm only upto E.Honda at the moment (if it goes in some order?) and i'm on like my 10th go at him :(

Still not sure how to pull off these combo moves and the like yet, struggling badly :(

JLM is bang on the money about Seth being Sagat's bitch, finished it on hardest in 5 attempts. Then went back and tried the Save your quarters achievement and beat Seth first time but then gone completely owned by Akuma. Do you get to fight Gouken if you beat Akuma, or does the achievement unlock after that?

• Paid Members

Gouken's requirements are a bit different. Still not had clarity on it though.

Akuma is 2 ultras, 2 perfects, no continues. He fights you after Seth.

Gouken is 3 ultras, 3 perfects, no continues, Akuma already unlocked. He fights you after Seth. Some people reckon you hve to have finished the game with Akuma first too. Can't confirm this or not because we had already done it with Akuma just in case, but can't confirm if it was a factor in getting Gouken or not.

Haha, fat chance I'll ever unlock akuma. Although saying that, I just managed to complete it (albeit on easiest, which doesn't matter for Akuma) as Sagat without usuing any continues and got at least 5 ultra finishes. Although I've still never managed a perfect win.

I'm pretty sure you do have to complete it with Akuma first. Silly me went for Gouken as soon as I unlocked Akuma and did everything required but Gouken didn't show up. So I went online and read you need to complete the game with Akuma. So I went and completed the game with Akuma then went and did everything exactly the same way again and this time Gouken did show up. Hope that makes sense.

I'm not that good but i've started to get to grips with the game now but don't think i'll beat the game with everyone on medium, I don't think I have the patience to beat Seth with people like Dan and Guile. Beat him on easy with everyone though, think that might be enough for me :D

I've unlocked everyone now but still stick with my favourites when playing MP, I refuse to go that cheap ass bitch Seth. Blanka is as always my favourite. I just beat someone using him and then got invited to a party where the guy I beat and his friend started to call me various names, some people are so sad :confused:

I can beat Seth with little difficulty on easy mode now, I beat him on a first attempt with Ryu, I dread to think what he will be like when I get around to doing arcade with some of the weaker characters though and the thought of facing him on medium or higher is almost enough to make me cry, I don

Archived