(Super) Street Fighter IV

bcwdarkside

• Paid Members
Gouken's requirements are a bit different. Still not had clarity on it though.

Akuma is 2 ultras, 2 perfects, no continues. He fights you after Seth.

Gouken is 3 ultras, 3 perfects, no continues, Akuma already unlocked. He fights you after Seth. Some people reckon you hve to have finished the game with Akuma first too. Can't confirm this or not because we had already done it with Akuma just in case, but can't confirm if it was a factor in getting Gouken or not.

Have you got Seth on? i got all the ppl on by him and dont know how to get him on, The moves are harder for me to pull off then the SNES days but if you was any good at that (ill just throw in the fact i lost in the final in a best of Britain when i was a kid :laugh: ) I dont find Seth that hard now 1st time i played it he was a git but now he is not much cop. Not as hard as some of the Marvel Vs Capcon Or just Marvel Bossies.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After nearly an hours worth of continues I finally beat Seth....On easy with Ryu last night.

I actually shouted "FUCK YEAH" at the top of my voice at 4am when i did it, I think i came a little too.

Not played it today, as i've been out and am now too tired to, but i think i'm alittle competant on the game with Ryu now :D

I played one "player match" on XBL, won both rounds then ventured on ranked, won 1 game, losing first round, and then lost the next game losing both rounds.

All in all, loving the game, just hope i can improve on it alot with more practice.

The in game moves list is wank, I've found myself looking at the manual wit the game for better explanations on how to do moves

My mate got this yesterday and we spent pretty much all day on it. I was expecting to be disappointed, as I was with Soul Calibur IV, but the game totally blew me away. My favourite characters are Guile and Bison. Sadly they seem to have "nerfed"(is that the term?) Chun-Li and she is now awful. Sagat and Balrog are super-powerful also.

We've managed to beat Seth a few times, albiet on Easy, but it does take some work. For the second round he becomes super-powered and keeps doing that fucking piledriver move!

Still struggle with the moves that require you to zig-zag the analog stick though...

UPDATE - I think my knack on this is with the charge move characters, I'm pretty good with Bison, Guile, Vega and Blanka specifically. Also you can win on any difficulty with Zangief if you just spam his cyclone fists move.

Also are Capcom fans of Alan Moore? Seth is a total Dr. Manhattan clone in appearance. He's also a bastard of a last boss.

• Paid Members
Gouken's requirements are a bit different. Still not had clarity on it though.

Akuma is 2 ultras, 2 perfects, no continues. He fights you after Seth.

Gouken is 3 ultras, 3 perfects, no continues, Akuma already unlocked. He fights you after Seth. Some people reckon you hve to have finished the game with Akuma first too. Can't confirm this or not because we had already done it with Akuma just in case, but can't confirm if it was a factor in getting Gouken or not.

Have you got Seth on? i got all the ppl on by him and dont know how to get him on, The moves are harder for me to pull off then the SNES days but if you was any good at that (ill just throw in the fact i lost in the final in a best of Britain when i was a kid :laugh: ) I dont find Seth that hard now 1st time i played it he was a git but now he is not much cop. Not as hard as some of the Marvel Vs Capcon Or just Marvel Bossies.

He has nothing at all on Magaki from King of Fighters XI, but he is as cheap as the average beat'em up boss.

As for unlocking him, not yet. The requirement is simply to complete Arcade with everyone once you've unlocked all the others. I'll do it over time but I'm not that inclined to because no one will ever pick him as long as I have a say.

I just can't work out how to do combo moves... :( Playing the game with a basic strategy, using random tactics is a little underwhelming, when trained killers just take me out.

Just practice more. I find I'm rarely able to pull off any sort of complx combo in an actual fight situation. One tip is often you can almost combine move comands together. For instance to do sagats fireball (QT P) into super (QT QT P) combo all you have to press is QT P QT P. I need to experiemnt more, but as I said I can never pull them off in fight situations.

I can't stand charge characters. I can't get the timing down, I spead to much time charge up only to mistime the realease or accidently jump.

I bought the game yesterday. I'm really enjoying it, and love the that it keeps the old school feel and plays like a morden day fighter at the same time. Although, and this is just my hang up. But it doesn't really feel like a legit sequel. It doesn't feel like Street Fighter IV, because theres been soooooo many spin off's through out the years that when an actual sequel comes round. It just feels like another spin off. As I said, this is my hang up on what is eitherwise a cracking game and puts SF back on top where it belongs. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Argh. Played 22 matches online, won 16 of them. Lost three times to mediocre Sagat players. Really struggling with him in a way that wasn't prevalent on HD remix.

The lack of recovery time on the tiger knee is fucking devastating. It trumps nearly everything on wake-up and he can follow it up with another one from the other side within a split second. It's extremely low risk and very damaging if it hits. Plus they can mix in the Tiger Uppercut for another insane wake up move.

Sagat is the bane of my life so far. Other than that it's mostly very poor Shotokan users, who are ideal opposition for my Blanka.

HBK4life, you're a Blanka player, got a good vs. Sagat gameplan?

Argh, chun li is so awful. Took me ages to unlock Gen!!!!

I haven't ventured online much yet, but I'll soon join the ranks of the poor Sagat players!

I'm reading a lot of forums and now I realise how hated people who play as Ryu/Ken/Sagat (for very little reason too) I'm not in such a rush to get online. I don't want to have to play as a charge character. charge moves are shit.

• Paid Members

I don't hate them, it's just that it's really dull when so many of your online opponents are the same handful of characters. On Third Strike it was awesome that one of the best players in the world plays as Hugo (the closest thing to Zangief), because it's refreshing to see total mastery of a non-Shotokan.

Also, they pick them because they're seemingly the most straightforward to use, but very few know what they're doing and might be better off trying the wider roster. Sagat is a bit more irritating because you have to be less competent to beat people with him than you do the rest of the roster. It's on me to figure out a good strategy to beat them though, he's in the game and he isn't a boss character, therefore people are perfectly within their rights to use him if they find that they win with him. Not insinuating that it's cheap or cheating to use him, he's just a fucker to beat for me at the moment.

It's been funny so far beating Ken players who have a few thousand battle points but have no idea what to do against Blanka though. Presumably they've been beating other Ryu/Ken users who are worse than themselves.

I don't get the Chun Li hate by the way. She's pretty similar to the third strike incarnation and is pretty awesome if you use her right. I guess if you hate charging characters you're not going to enjoy fighting Seth with her though.

Archived