New Doctor Who

stewdogg

MEH...

Thats about the extent of my response.

He's been in 2 things with Billie Piper though (Ruby in the Smoke & Secret Diary of a Call Girl)

Totally uninspired really (And the only reason Russell T Davies is jealous is because he likes casting guy candy)

• Paid Members

It is quite funny seeing all the teenage girls saying they're never going to watch Doctor Who again because Tennant is leaving though.

A bit of an anti-climax but I have faith that they've picked a suitable guy, and I'm going to wait and see him in action in it before judging.

It'll be hard to reserve proper judgment until we see him in the role, but initial reactions are a little underwhelming.

First impressions are that he looks and sounds too young to credibly play the part - especially as his young naive companions will likely be a similar age, or older which will make the balance a little strange to watch. Especially after the show made reference to actors who could play both age and youth.

I'll wait and see how it goes - not just with the stories/scripts and acting but costume makes a big difference - but having a Doctor not far off my own age seems a bit weird.

Edited by Evolution