New Doctor Who

stewdogg

I heard one of the favourates for the role was Meera Syal, from Goodness Gracious Me. Although I hate the idea of the Doctor being a woman, I do think that should be very good in the role. Like David Tennant, she is very good at both comedy and drama, the way the doctor should be.

But heres hoping to a traditional doctor.

The BBC News piece on this has a tiny video interview with Tennant where he specifically says it's going to be a man. Every time you're about to post "I heard that" or "there's a rumour that" just remember all the absolute bullshit posted in papers like the Sun about the new Batman film.

I heard one of the favourates for the role was Meera Syal, from Goodness Gracious Me. Although I hate the idea of the Doctor being a woman, I do think that should be very good in the role. Like David Tennant, she is very good at both comedy and drama, the way the doctor should be.

But heres hoping to a traditional doctor.

The BBC News piece on this has a tiny video interview with Tennant where he specifically says it's going to be a man. Every time you're about to post "I heard that" or "there's a rumour that" just remember all the absolute bullshit posted in papers like the Sun about the new Batman film.

I actually saw it on one of the betting websites, paddy power i think. Catherine Tate was also a favourate, so cant see there being much to back it up.

I hate when the rumours come out with shit like 'Oh Billie Piper!' fuck off.

It'll never be a woman, and nor should it. The moment that happens I'll stop watching, he can change his face but he is essentially A MAN. There are women timelords as well, so I hate when people try to change things like that.

I personally really hope its Bill Nighy, for me he would be absolutley brilliant.

It'll never be a woman, and nor should it. The moment that happens I'll stop watching, he can change his face but he is essentially A MAN. There are women timelords as well, so I hate when people try to change things like that.

Yeah, but we all know the doctor was a woman in various radio adventures, so its a very real possibility that one day the doctor will be a woman on tv. Obviously if David Tennant has said its a man in that video online then this tme its going to be a man.

Edited by KFR42

• Paid Members

Yeah, but we all know the doctor was a woman in various radio adventures, so its a very real possibility that one day the doctor will be a woman on tv. Obviously if David Tennant has said its a man in that video online then this tme its going to be a man.

Time Lords have been known to swap (apparent) species as well as gender. So no problem as far as I can see.