What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Torchwood was horrendous in every way. The giant vagina at the centre of the earth was ridiculous. They just revealed the bad guys 2 episodes form the end and then expected us to buy into it?

Also with Torchwood it just doesn't fit into the Doctor Who universe. At all.

And since when has Captain Jack been gay? He used to just go off with everything, now he's only got eyes for men?

Woohoo Ghosthunting with TOWIE!!!

Cue screaming, overreactions & Yvette Fielding chucking stones around! :)

I've recorded that to watch, good for a chuckle :)

Been enjoying Seven Dwarfs on Channel 4, following the little people playing the 7 Dwarfs in the panto in Woking, my old manor. It's got some funny bits, emotional scenes and glimpses of my old town :) And it's all Christmassy and calming to watch lol

Caught a classic IT Crowd episode last night, where Moss lies that Jen has died. He then has to lie further to cover it up, the bloke she went a date with is "haunted" by her! It's pant-wettingly funny :laugh:

Edited by Dynamite Duane

pic from new eastbound and down

guest star spoiler

AZ9GMYcCAAAOBvG.png

u can smell the awesome

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

New season of Big Bang Theory started last night, along with the new series of The Office.

Both great starts to the new seasons, and with the final season of Desperate Housewives starting on Sunday, i'm sorted for TV for a while.

opinions of the new Office. started out thinking they were throwing a lot at the wall and some iffy writing, while having to force in jenna fischer's pregnancy; but by the end, quite liking andy as the new boss. probably the biggest mainstream actor they have on the show and a simple progression from michael who was a lovable idiot too (in some of the early seasons, michael spoke of being promoted quickly and was offered as the main reason why he so wanted to be liked by his employees). love andy anyway, so my instant reaction was good and it makes it that much more an ensemble show seeing as andy is not quite an authorative figure yet as he has just been promoted.

didnt like the planking stuff though it kept up the tradition of recent years where the group aare really into a fad that has already gone and come (e.g. the parcour stuff and glee routine from last year). stanley and pam were particularly meh.

ryan's arrogant line which was followed by him burning his mouth :laugh:

I've watched the new episodes of Community, Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, The Office and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia tonight. Enjoyed them all.

Ditto, on all counts. Really solid outing for the lot of them. Didn't know fucking OMAR was showing up in Community, that was a pleasant surprise. The entire pre-credit sequence to The Office was an absolute powerhouse as well - reveals and megagags all over the shop. "...and shove it up your butt" fucking slayed me.

Series 7 of Supernatural has started and is already looking better than series 6.

Supernatural is one of my favourite shows, but 6 has gone off the boil slightly. I'm fed up of Sam being portrayed as the evil one, or having slightly heelish motives. The premiere trailer for season 7 looked awesome though.