What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Ron Swanson is my new idol (though Anne remains my favourite character mainly because she's Rashida Jones). My sister even did a drawing of him

That's a brilliant drawing! Just watched an episode from series two and cried with laughter at his face with all that bacon:

lTEey.jpg

• Awards Moderator
Ron Swanson is my new idol (though Anne remains my favourite character mainly because she's Rashida Jones). My sister even did a drawing of him

That's a brilliant drawing! Just watched an episode from series two and cried with laughter at his face with all that bacon:

lTEey.jpg

That's one of the ones that BBC4 had on last night! I love how Ron's moved more into the foreground this season compared to the first one.

• Paid Members

My favourite Ron Swanson moment is when he can't move because he's pulled his groin or something similar so tries to throw a whole burger into his mouth and completely misses. It was the first time I can remember him doing anything hilarious in the show. Here's a video

• Paid Members

Oh man, when I first watched that clip a couple of weeks ago tears rolled for ages. I must've rewound and replayed that bit for about 5 minutes straight. "I was born ready. I'm Ron f***ing Swanson"

• Paid Members

Another thing I really like about the show is the fact that the female characters actually come across as real people with their own character traits, quirks and personalities rather than simply being someone's girlfriend or love interest with the usual snarky, bitchy chariactures that so many U.S sitcoms lazily make their female characters into, I was put off the show originally when I found out a woman was the lead, but Leslie, April and Ann (and Donna) are all well rounded like-able characters who all bring something different to the show.

• Moderators

Christ, Hannibal is absolutely amazing. The ratings are still bad, but I just read that it's not funded by NBC (and they had Bryan Fuller on a first look deal, so their first dibs explains why it's there rather than AMC or whoever), so if they cancel, anyone else can pick it up. It's so smart, visually gorgeous, and unflinchingly violent, it's like an HBO show mistakenly wandered onto a network.

Fishbourne has been really good the last two episodes as well. Unsurprisingly having his real wife Gina Torres playing his wife on the show was a great move as they were great last week but Mikklesen is topping everyone else for me. Telling that probably my favourite thing on TV this week was something as simple as the look on his face when he was reading freddie's article. This weeks episode especially with the familiar location and the introduction of Dr Chilton has set up everything wonderfully. Have you seen the unaired episode yet?

Edited by iamtheman

I think Parks & Rec is good, not great. I can't say I find it that funny, certainly not laugh out loud, but it's amusing enough, and it's really the well-performed and fleshed out characters that keeps me coming back. It's good for fuzzy moments and for seeing more and more dimensions to the characters and their relationships.

Ron Swanson is bloody ace.