What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Y'know that moan I had about Casualty the other week? That, but about Call the Midwife instead, minus the complaints about it lasting so long (for now).

Crap isn't it? I had the pleasure of watching it for the first time yesterday with the lady and her mother, all while the mother is saying "This is really good, I think you'd like this!". She clearly doesn't know me that well, or have good taste in television.

• Paid Members
Wayne Brady was great. A young, handsome Mike McShane. Ok, not as good as Mike McShane, but who was?

McShane, Stiles, Mochrie and Merton are the Whose Line...? players of kings. Dream team.

I was never a big fan of him on the American Whose Line, but I saw Wayne Brady live in Las Vegas a few years ago, and the guy is super talented. Did a half of improv, and another half of stand up, singining and dancing. It was a great show.

My dream team would have to be Stiles, Mochrie, Slattery and Frost. I loved the ongoing Anderson / Slattery fued and the episode where Slattery finally snapped yelling "WHY DONT YOU JUST FUCK OFF!" and Stephen Frost would just corpse through the whole thing, which reminds me of a great line i read about Ryan Stiles (maybe on Wiki?) that he once broke a light on the set during one of the games, but never once broke character.

• Moderators

Anyone watch Justified? I felt like I needed a new show to get into, so I've started this from the beginning. Three episodes in and it's alright, but I'm not sold yet. It feels more like a regular network show than the kind of Breaking Bad-level grit I require out of my TV. Does it pick up?

• Paid Members
Anyone watch Justified? I felt like I needed a new show to get into, so I've started this from the beginning. Three episodes in and it's alright, but I'm not sold yet. It feels more like a regular network show than the kind of Breaking Bad-level grit I require out of my TV. Does it pick up?

Stick with it. It feels like your average cop show for the first half of the season but really picks up in the second half. I've just finished the second season and it's bloody epic stuff. They also hire tons of great character actors to guest star so it's always good fun.

• Moderators

Stick with it. It feels like your average cop show for the first half of the season but really picks up in the second half. I've just finished the second season and it's bloody epic stuff. They also hire tons of great character actors to guest star so it's always good fun.

Nice one. It still feels a bit 'Crime o' the Week for a mass audience' at the moment, like Murder She Wrote or something, but still fun, so I'm looking forwards to it kicking into high gear.

Plus I know Jeremy Davies comes into it at some point :love: