What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

We've got the last two episodes of The Bridge on BBC4 this evening. Has anyone else been watching this?Saga Noren (and her leather trousers) is such a fun character to build a crime drama around, I'm glad that there's going to be a second series of this.

• Paid Members

We've got the last two episodes of The Bridge on BBC4 this evening. Has anyone else been watching this?Saga Noren (and her leather trousers) is such a fun character to build a crime drama around, I'm glad that there's going to be a second series of this.

YES! Ive been watching it religiously with family over the last four weeks. Police dramas usually bore the shit out of me, but the interesting characters and writing, mixed with the unusual setting of Denmark and Sweden has really sucked me in.I was also chuffed to hear there was a second series. When I checked a few days ago all episodes so far were still up on iplayer too. So if anyones interested in catching up go there.

• Paid Members

Its the very last episode of House next week. Despite the plots involving a lot of over analysis and judgement on any and every character's behaviour its been an interesting series. Wilson and Park have definitely been two stand out characters. The last series was a tad more exciting but hoping for a great finale next week. Just a shame its all coming to an end as its Laurie's best work since A bit of fry and laurie.

Finished watching Caprica last night, what a cluster fuck of epic proportions that was.

BSG history largely disregarded and inordinate amount of loose ends to tie up. Some of it was really good, but it didnt really ever go anywhere and meandered in to boredom. I can see why it was canned

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Lots of BSG Alumni appeared in the series. Master at Arms from Galactica appeared as a Defence Chief, Gaeta's voice was heard when Zoe Graystone tries to kill herself,The Viper Pilot Kat, turns up as a PR person and Conor, who's kid gets killed on New Caprica and does the whole secret trial stuff turns up as a religious terrorist, Diego as well

Making Joe Adama a mob boss/bent lawyer was daft, as it went totally against the whole honest lawyer stuff from BSG and the pissing about with the resurrection tech, meant that the denouement of BSG was completely redundant as the Final Five, didnt actually matter because they didnt create resurrection tech in the first place.

Other than that some of the STO/ Monotheists stuff was okay/had great potiental, but the Civil War leading to a unrecognisable Meg Tilly being usurped as 'Mother' didnt go anywhere either and became a loose end. Lacy Rand gets to be mother, and then what? What was the point?

So fucking frustrating.

Not got great hopes for Blood and Chrome

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Its the very last episode of House next week. Despite the plots involving a lot of over analysis and judgement on any and every character's behaviour its been an interesting series. Wilson and Park have definitely been two stand out characters. The last series was a tad more exciting but hoping for a great finale next week. Just a shame its all coming to an end as its Laurie's best work since A bit of fry and laurie.

It needs to end. I'm a big fan of it but it desperately needs to end. Plus apparently Fry and Laurgie have something new lined up in the near future.

I recently finished the original versions of The Killing I and II.The Killing was superb. One of the best things that can be said is that after 20 one-hour episodes, there arent any huge plot holes or big inconsistancies, and it wrapped things up very nicely. It also only took me around one week to finish the entire series, which shows how interesting it was. A great story, a great secondary story, loads of great characters (special mention to Hartmann, Lund and Meyer), loads of great relationships that developed throughout the series, and the pacing of the story was top notch too. I thought 20 full-hour episodes might be too much for one story, but I cant remember it ever dragging. Great show.The Killing II, whilst good, is nowhere near as great as the first series. Most of the things that made Series 1 great are missing from this one. The main story is good, but the political side-story is pretty weak. 10 episodes isnt enough, either, and that means there wasnt enough time to develop the characters. Compare the fat politician in this series to the superb Hartmann character from series 1, which highlights the problem with having only 10 episodes. Things also moved at too quick a pace, with too many deaths happening too soon. Still decent mind, and Ive read that theyre making a third series soon as well.

I agree with you that Killing I was better than II. 10 did seem too short but in hindsight 20 episodes was quite long for series I in that you knew that some of the early leads will probably go nowhere. Still I too was incredibly gripped..

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

when Lund saw the killer's (I forget his name) t-shirt and it all came together, but he wasn't sure she knew- that was so monumentally tense I could barely keep still

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I think one crucial difference was the inclusion of the victim's parents in series I. It was quite bold to have a police mystery with such a big focus on the grieving process and how it can affect a victims family. I think both played excellent parts.

• Paid Members

It needs to end. I'm a big fan of it but it desperately needs to end. Plus apparently Fry and Laurgie have something new lined up in the near future.

Watched the last episode online at daft o clock this morning and its a fitting end I say! Fry and Laurie reuniting is music to my ears. Loved A Bit of Fry and Laurie!

Sky Arts Ch 244 just showed an orchestral production called Video games live. Well worth keeping an eye out for. I only caught the last ten minutes or so.

I went to watch this live at The Sage a few years back, the whole thing's brilliant. Didn't realise it was kicking around on telly, thanks for the heads up!

Sky Arts Ch 244 just showed an orchestral production called Video games live. Well worth keeping an eye out for. I only caught the last ten minutes or so.

I went to watch this live at The Sage a few years back, the whole thing's brilliant. Didn't realise it was kicking around on telly, thanks for the heads up!

Hosted by Iain Lee no less.