What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Watching a grown man offer to tear his own soul out for a chance at making a better life for his family was the point at which TV talent shows stopped being fun for me. That was fucking horrible to watch.

'Maybe I can lose the organ, and just be me...'

'You'll need to stop singing, too'

'oh (note; you can actually see his soul break this point)...well, if I lose the organ, stop smiling and stop singing can I give it another go?'

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Love a bit of Man V Food Nation. In fact I love most of the shows on the Food Network but especially these:Meat and PotatoesDiner's Drive Ins and Dives (Can you guess from my sig)Man V Food (original and Nation)The only thing that I don't like about all of these programmes (which are all from the US) is the constant recapping and previewing of what has just happened and what is coming up. There must be at least a quarter of each show that is reserved for just showing us what we have just seen or what we are about to see. It is rather annoying.

:laugh:

Just got round to watching last Thursday's Office.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

LOVED Andy going to David Wallace with the big offer. I remember the episode when Nellie just took his job, all the "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" from Jim had me thinking they were planning someone to come and save the day, as it were, from Nellie and Robert. I'll miss Robert California if he goes, but I love Wallace and thought last week's one off appearance was it for him. Dead excited about the finale tonight. Next season's surely got to be the last though, hasn't it?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

New Girl season finale was good too, looking forward to the How I Met Your Mother doubler next week, and though the Starburns funeral episode was absolute tripe, Community's done just about enough this season to keep me glad that it's sticking around. Parks & Rec deserves better than 16 eps I think, but it's always been a bit overlooked so I'm not too surprised.

for NEWM.Mindy kalings getting her own show on Fox and dwight's getting a spinoff. i've heard they might try integrating new characters as kind of a slow reboot and then phase out all the old ones

I read about the spinoffs and the reboot, but the idea of a phase in/phase out idea fills me with dread. I didn't watch it, but even people I knew that actually liked Scrubs said the reboot of that was embarrassing. I'd rather them just come up with something resembling a finale, but as I understand it, it's still the big ad money show for NBC, so I guess that's not likely.

I think The Office has enough scope to introduce new characters. Probably not all at once, like.

Which I imagine is how they will do it if a load of contracts are up as I read somewhere, and at least Dwight and Kelly will be on their way out. I hate how they're trying valiantly to humanise Nellie with every passing week, it's giving me the sinking feeling she's sticking around for good despite being a comedy plughole and sucking the laughs out of most scenes she's in since they all got back from the Pyramid Conference trip thing.

I fucking love lesbian drama Lip Service. Anybody else watch it, or do you only watch American stuff?

Watched the first series, it's This Life set in Scotland with more Lesbians, in a nutshell. Not watched any of the new series as yet.

• Paid Members

I have just surfaced from the marathon of watching Lost - I don't know if this just makes me non-critical or something, but except for some blips at the start of season 6, I adored it all the way through. Realized that apart from the news some mornings, and RAW one Monday, we haven't watched any TV that isn't Lost since April 10th. That's INSANE. I feel bereft, and now I need a recommendation for something else to watch all of on US Netflix.

Okay, me and Mrs Small have started watching this and we're loving it so far, too. I've even put Cracker on the back burner for it.