What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators
Controversial. I actually think Series 3 is the strongest. Series 1 I enjoy without ever really pissing myself laughing, Series 2 is better with the two most "howling with laughter" scenes both coming in Culture - doing the crossword, and later Richie's attempts to understand the rules of Chess. But Series 3 consistently had me clutching my belly in pained laughter on the first viewing.

Carnival is my favourite episode ever and between looting, Eddie's fantasies, filming the accident and then the blackmail tape, it changes course so many times, each section as rewarding as the previous. Upon first viewing I laughed at Eddie diving out the window harder than anything I'd seen previous and maybe since.

For me, it's the section that begins with the phrase "Should traffic wardens be armed?" and ends with Richie pulling himself out of the toilet -- after kicking his legs like a frog while he's jammed in upside down, head-first -- with his Kilroy wig piss-waxed into a Mr. Whippy.

• Paid Members
Started watching Game of Thrones over the weekend, I'm six episodes in. It's good, but you have to pay a lot of attention to family tree bullshit to get the hang of who's who in the early going. Loads of familiar TV/Britfilm faces popping up as well. I can't wait for Jerome Flynn's debut.

If you're six episodes in, he's already turned up, he's Tyrion's mercenary Bronn.

game-of-thrones-bronn.jpg

It took me noticing his name in the credits and watching it back to realise it was him.

Robson%20Jerome%20robjeromeblog.jpg

I just finished Lost, watched it all in one big chunk over the last 2 weeks. On the whole I really, really liked it. I don't know if it's because I've heard so often that it gets so bad that I was expecting something that never came for me. I do feel short changed on some of the answers though, it's easy to see where that criticism comes from. But yeah, overall thought it was great and original, highlights definitely being the exceptional season 1 (which it never quite lived up to after) and the brilliant end to season 3.

• Paid Members

Haha excellent! That reminds me that before the first series had aired my brother (who loves the books) told me Sean Bean was in it, and I joked to him later that Mark Addy had been cast, thinking how shit the fat bloke from The Full Monty and the Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas would probably be in it, only for him to tell me he already knew about it. And he ended up being great.

I just finished Lost, watched it all in one big chunk over the last 2 weeks. On the whole I really, really liked it. I don't know if it's because I've heard so often that it gets so bad that I was expecting something that never came for me. I do feel short changed on some of the answers though, it's easy to see where that criticism comes from. But yeah, overall thought it was great and original, highlights definitely being the exceptional season 1 (which it never quite lived up to after) and the brilliant end to season 3.

I was one that watched Lost in a chunk over about 3 or 4 months too. I watched this straight after and it was my favourite thing for ages and ages:

On an entirely unrelated note, me and the wife breezed through the first four episodes of Once Upon a Time in the last couple of days. We're going to keep at UK pace so no spoilers please, but what's peoples thoughts? The acting's a bit shit, and I'm not totally convinced it got the legs the way they're battering through the payoffs, but I'm actually quite enjoying it, almost in spite of myself. It's got just enough originality to keep me watching but is also brainless enough to watch without 100% engagement. Snow White is fit as shit too.

• Paid Members
Fucking hell! I didn't even know he was in it, I was just picking forgotten northern actors from the nineties.

You'll probably piss yourself when Mike from Casualty shows up.

Fucking hell! I didn't even know he was in it, I was just picking forgotten northern actors from the nineties.

You'll probably piss yourself when Mike from Casualty shows up.

it also has a really fit girl who was in Hollyoaks a few years ago, she played Louise, can't remember her name in GOT!

Do people in England know who Stephen Nolan is? He's the worlds most ultra-mega-cunt. He has his own show on Northern Irish TV right now. its atrocious. it makes me feel embarrassed to be from here.

• Paid Members

My sister is watching this new show called '2 Broke Girls' on Channel 4 and oddly enough original Saturday Night Live castmember Garrett Morris is in it, and I shouted out 'GARRETT MORRIS' for no apparent reason. It looks like an ok show, it will either be a big success or it's going to die on it's arse though.

• Paid Members
My sister is watching this new show called '2 Broke Girls' on Channel 4 and oddly enough original Saturday Night Live castmember Garrett Morris is in it, and I shouted out 'GARRETT MORRIS' for no apparent reason.

Surely it was because you recognised him. Or are you telling us about an amazing coincidence?

• Paid Members
it also has a really fit girl who was in Hollyoaks a few years ago, she played Louise, can't remember her name in GOT!

She plays Doreah, the reason you can't remember her name is that they havent bothered mentioning it yet. She's just "pretty slave that teaches Dany how to fuck."

• Paid Members
My sister is watching this new show called '2 Broke Girls' on Channel 4 and oddly enough original Saturday Night Live castmember Garrett Morris is in it, and I shouted out 'GARRETT MORRIS' for no apparent reason.

Surely it was because you recognised him. Or are you telling us about an amazing coincidence?

Yeah it was, I just never assumed I would randomly shout out 'Garrett Morris'