What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

Yes, I'm still reeling from the finale, which was the most emotionally exhausting hour of film or television I've ever seen, but I'm calling Spartacus as the greatest show ever. It's incredible how a series with those trashy, so-bad-its-good first 3 episodes could evolve so fast into something so amazing. I put it above The Wire, I put it above Breaking Bad, and I'll spend the rest of my life cheerleading it until the rest of the world realises the same. No hyperbole, check it out for yourself. Fuck me.

Will be watching the finale tonight, but Ive thought Season 3 has easily been a few notches down on S1 and 2. Thats pretty understandable, due to the fact S1-2 are so good, but going into the finale, S3 hasnt reached the heights that the other two seasons did.

Agreed. It's still been very enjoyable but not quite up to the standards of past seasons. I do have the final two episodes to watch though so I suppose I should refrain until I've seen its conclusion.

Not to put a downer on it before youve watched it, but I thought the penultimate episode was probably the weakest episode of the season. It was after watching that episode that made me think about how it would compare to the other seasons. I posted my thoughts on Season 1 HERE, where I talked about how epic the penultimate episode was, where it brought together about 8 different stories in a single episode. In terms of depth of characters and mini-stories, S3 is way inferior to the previous seasons. I feel they have relied too much on the epic battles (which look about 10 times better than what they used to), but sacrificed on the story.

Not sure what it was called but I caught the end of some shite my missus recorded off Sky Living and that one off Him and Her had her tits and fanny out. It had that recent Alt-J track playing at the end. You know, if any of that takes your fancy at all, track it down.

• Paid Members

The missus had Britain's Got Talent on immediately followed by The Voice tonight. Having watched both in the same couple of hours, the difference is quite startling. The Voice actually is quite good (Jesse J aside) yet everything about BGT just infuriates me. The fact that a ballad has to be used every other minute (especially the key change parts), the judges are all cunts, Ant & Dec are cunts, everyone has a gay sob story, the humour is along the lines of the worst northern working man's club cabaret (without the casual racism).

I hardly watch ITV, tonight reminded me why. It's the fucking pits. How much shit is on this channel? Is there anything remotely decent on it? It's getting worse as well. It should be renamed Facebook TV.

• Paid Members

Agreed. If I was by myself, I wouldn't watch either show, but the lady likes them. So, last week she watched both. The Voice, at least, is alright. ITV is the worst. Due to my job I have to watch a lot of ITV shows and usually I would never watch ITV because I always had the idea that, generally, their output is shit. Now I can at least say that with justification.

While I'm here, whoever recommend Justified: thank you. I watched the first three seasons in 2 weeks or something. It's great.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

Bullshit. It's just like any other ITV drama, shite. I mean it. I tried with ITV. But it just SUCKS.

Nah, Broadchurch is best thing ITV have done in ages. I'd rate it up that with the BBC crime dramas I like from the past few years. More interestingly shot then any other ITV drama I've seen on passing, a good cast and hopefully a good ending, haha.

Edited by ukfan11