What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Have you read the books, Punkstep?

If you haven't, don't until after Season 3 comes out.

Nah, I would if I was much of a reader. I'll start reading something, then give up after a while. Regardless of how exciting the book is. Really wish I could get into reading more, as the GoT books would be top of my list.

Watched Charlie Brookers 2012 Wipe. "Brooky" was in fine form as per usual. His floppy cunt, hair-do(n't) and marriage to Konnie hasn't affected his penchant for a great one liner. Ed Milliband attempting to say "Sausage rolls" like a normal human being is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

My brother got me the first season of Supernatural on DVD for Christmas, don't really know much about it other than it's about brothers hunting paranormal stuff, I'm certainly willing to give it a go, my brother loves it and he's pretty cool. Anyone watch it?

It's made great by the guys playing the brothers. Especially Dean. I'ts a real fun show.

It's called Weekly Wipe, so presumably it'll be a round up of the last week in THE NEWS~!

He said a while aback it's going to be like a Omni-Wipe

Weekly Wipe on the way for 2013: (basically News / Screen / Games / Film / Omni Wipe).

And yeah, he was great as usual, looking forward to the new Black Mirror as well.

Edited by ukfan11

My brother got me the first season of Supernatural on DVD for Christmas, don't really know much about it other than it's about brothers hunting paranormal stuff, I'm certainly willing to give it a go, my brother loves it and he's pretty cool. Anyone watch it?

It's made great by the guys playing the brothers. Especially Dean. I'ts a real fun show.

Yeah, the chemistry is great between the brothers is brilliant, I've developed a huge man-crush on Dean over the last few years. The soundtrack is great, lots of classic rock. And from Season 2 they throw in a few more comedy-driven episodes, some of them are really weird and funny. It starts out as just Sam and Dean driving around in their awesome car hunting various ghosties and nasties, but it develops into more than that as it goes on. Season 8 starts over here this year (already aired in US) and while it is getting a bit tired now it's still well worth a watch most weeks.

Edited by SteelEdge

The first episode of Africa on BBC1 was superb. Every single minute there's something jaw dropping on the screen. I challange anyone to watch the first ten minutes (which feature a bird conning some meerkats, some armoured canibal insects, and all of it shot, edited and narrated pretty much perfectly) and then think that watching the rest is a bad idea.

Considering the range of stuff Attenborough has narrated, surely Africa is pretty much the last thing he can cover.

So, has anyone else been watching Treme? I've had the first series on my media drive for about a year and a half, and finally started it last night, and hell's teeth it's good. It feels initially like the street-realism of The Wire crossed with the languid pace and style of Mad Men. I have no idea what it's going to be about, but I'm hooked already.