What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators
Bit of plug for a new sitcom starting on BBC 2 tonight at 10pm. It's called 'Hebburn' & is written by (and co-starring) a brilliant comedian I've known for years called Jason Cook. It stars fellow stand-up Chris Ramsay & is loosely based on Jason's life. Vic Reeves stars as his dad. Early reviews have been universally positive so yeah, get on it.

Just watched this on Iplayer.. It was good, I can see it getting better as the characters develop. The Mum was my favourite in the first episode.

Just watched it as well. You should've mentioned lovely Kim Nixon being in it, Dead Mike, instead of your mates nobody's heard of. Anyway, it's cracking! I'm not sold on the main fella, the women act like he's much better looking than he is. But on the whole, it's fantastic. The sister was the show-stealer for me. Jason Cook's done well there, some hilarious stuff. I'm assuming IANdrewDiceClay is guest starring in the final episode of the series.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
I watched the first episode of Underemployed. It had a few, very few, very slight decent moments. But it's shit. I'm not one for "American stuff sux I hate America lolz" stupidity, but this is the kind of show that fuels it. Cloying bullshit about a group of friends who meet up a year after leaving college and their lives haven't gone the way they planned. But it's alright, because they've got each other! I'm pretty sure "Oh my God, I love you guys so much!" was an actual line at the end.

Have you tried "Awkward" King? MTV are doing some decent programs at minute but i lasted about 10 mins of "Underemployed" very fucking bland.

I watched the trailer for Awkward a while back and it didn't hook me so I've never seen the show. Is New Girl MTV as well? That's another one I haven't bothered with. I've not watched the US Inbetweeners yet. I did start watching The Hard Times of RJ Berger and Death Valley, and liked them, but not enough to watch more than a few episodes.

• Paid Members
I watched the trailer for Awkward a while back and it didn't hook me so I've never seen the show. Is New Girl MTV as well? That's another one I haven't bothered with. I've not watched the US Inbetweeners yet. I did start watching The Hard Times of RJ Berger and Death Valley, and liked them, but not enough to watch more than a few episodes.

No i think "New Girl" is on NBC. It's great Zooey erm whats her name can grate a bit but this first season and a half are really good.

Death Valley got cancelled after season 1 which is shame felt quite fresh.

Berger had some good stuff but was rather poor overall in my opinion.

Inbetweeners (- 2 episodes) is probably funniest thing on tv at minute.

Anyone watched Last Resort from the US? Its 4 episodes in, and seems to be getting some of the more favourable reviews for new shows. I plan on checking it out soon.

Also, after reading about it on this forum, I watched Big Ron Manager, which was excellent. "You couldnt have scripted it any better" is a cliche, but completley applies to this show. The episode where the manager quits an hour before the game was outstanding. Reading up on a few of the characters on Wikipedia, and it shows that the gaffer had no success after this job. Not really suprising. St Ledger seems to have done OK for himself, but (unsuprisingly) got into trouble at Leicester for his attitude last year.

• Moderators

No i think "New Girl" is on NBC. It's great Zooey erm whats her name can grate a bit but this first season and a half are really good.

Death Valley got cancelled after season 1 which is shame felt quite fresh.

Yeah, I blitzed all of Death Valley in pretty quick time; gutted it didn't get a second season. Really enjoyed it!

New Girl is surprisingly alright.. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but my bro set it on series link so I watched a few episodes.

2 Broke Girls is the biggest piece of shit I've seen for a long time.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

The Walking Dead wasn't too bad last week, but I'm about halfway through this week's and it is back to being intelligence-insulting shit.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The scene where the prisoners ignore the warning about headshots was just ridiculous. And the mythology of it seems off as well... If everyone's ALREADY got the infection, why cut off Hershel's leg? And this fat black lad's just been scratched, which looks like it's going to mean something as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It really is an awful show. That I watch every week.

• Paid Members

The Walking Dead wasn't too bad last week, but I'm about halfway through this week's and it is back to being intelligence-insulting shit.

The scene where the prisoners ignore the warning about headshots was just ridiculous. And the mythology of it seems off as well... If everyone's ALREADY got the infection, why cut off Hershel's leg? And this fat black lad's just been scratched, which looks like it's going to mean something as well. [close spoiler]
");document.close();It really is an awful show. That I watch every week.

I thought that scene was hilarious. The prisoners have no experience of zombie killing and I guess they just went on instinct and just stabbed the shit out of everything they saw. The fat black lad was killed by the Mexican bloke. I suppose regarding the mythology it is a bit messy, but they have established that if your bitten the virus goes into your blood stream quickly and turns you into a zombie. Otherwise you won't turn into a zombie untill you die. It's a tad confusing but I'm okay with it. [close spoiler]
");document.close();I hated all of season 2 and most of season 1 but I think season 3 is oof to a good start. Some of them are actually showing personality and Rick is actually looking like he'll have a character arc.

they have established that if your bitten the virus goes into your blood stream quickly and turns you into a zombie

But they've also established that it's already in your bloodstream. It's like having AIDs then getting bummed and catching the same AIDs except now it's really fast acting. Given all the other things wrong with the show it's an odd thing to get annoyed with, but it really annoyed me on the most recent one because they played up both the "you've caught zombie AIDs" angle and the "we've all got zombie AIDs" angle.