What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
nearly finished Series 1 of the Shield, does this pick up?

Anyone watch Justified? Gonna give that a go next I reckon

I do. Series 2 has been my favourite by far. Looking forward to the fourth one.

• Paid Members

The Shield is definitely not the best TV show ever. It's not fit to wipe The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood or Breaking Bad's arse. Trashy nonsense.

Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire started yesterday. The first episode is really good, full of tense stuff and a lot has changed with the characters since season 2's shocking ending.

• Paid Members

Going to give Parks And Recreation a go today. Last time I tried a new Yank comedy it was It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and it was shit, so this had better be good or I'm going back to Porridge and Cheers.

Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire started yesterday. The first episode is really good, full of tense stuff and a lot has changed with the characters since season 2's shocking ending.

That first episode was awesome man......if they keep it this season is going to be amazing.

I'm literally hard pressed to think of a better show than Boardwalk the only thing that comes close is Sopranos but I have a feeling that this season will put Boardwalk firmly on top......they reckon that Capone is gonna start his assent to power this season which will be killer.

Going to give Parks And Recreation a go today. Last time I tried a new Yank comedy it was It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and it was shit, so this had better be good or I'm going back to Porridge and Cheers.

I watched the first 5 episodes of Parks And Recreation and it really didn't do it for me.....got a very odd sense of humour to that show.....I dunno I just didn't get it.

• Moderators

You should probably watch a good show instead, be it American or British.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Fuck off.

You should probably watch a good show instead, be it American or British.

Fucking hell! This is why I can't be arsed starting a new TV show, because I think I've picked one that is supposed to be great and then a dissenting voice that I more or less trust comes and tells me not to watch that.

EDIT - Fuck it, going with another Butch recommendation and starting Trailer Park Boys.

Edited by Gladstone Small

The Shield is the best TV show ever, stick with it

I absolutely love The Shield. It's gripping drama, great characters, full of action and a great story throughout.

I echo the thoughts on Boardwalk Empire also. I had forgotten a lot that happened previously, so it took me a good 10 minutes to get my head around a few things. A great TV show.