What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Had no idea brutal was used as a term for shite. It's brutal as in hardcore. Jaw-droppingly so.

I've not watched The Shield, although last night I was told I should, due to it being on Kurt Sutter's CV. Not sure I could watch it without thinking Michael Chiklis is about to break out into Thing mode. :/

Had no idea brutal was used as a term for shite. It's brutal as in hardcore. Jaw-droppingly so.

I've not watched The Shield, although last night I was told I should, due to it being on Kurt Sutter's CV. Not sure I could watch it without thinking Michael Chiklis is about to break out into Thing mode. :/

You should watch the shield its hell of an journey. Michael Chiklis is awesome in its, so is everyone. Just top class in everyway

• Paid Members

Watched the first episode of the US Inbetweeners. It's a bit, well, shit. In fact it's a lot shit. I'm going to watch a couple more to see if it gets into it's stride once the cast settle into the roles a little but I've not got much hope for it. The only funny bits were the bits ripped straight out of the original and even they are old now. The casting of the four main guys is horrific. Popping up the soundtrack during the episode is distracting. Beeping words like "shit" is pointless. Either leave out the bad language or put it on a channel that can air it.

• Paid Members

You should watch the shield its hell of an journey. Michael Chiklis is awesome in its, so is everyone. Just top class in everyway

That gay black guy isn't awesome. He's fucking shit.

Watched the first episode of the US Inbetweeners. It's a bit, well, shit. In fact it's a lot shit. I'm going to watch a couple more to see if it gets into it's stride once the cast settle into the roles a little but I've not got much hope for it. The only funny bits were the bits ripped straight out of the original and even they are old now. The casting of the four main guys is horrific. Popping up the soundtrack during the episode is distracting. Beeping words like "shit" is pointless. Either leave out the bad language or put it on a channel that can air it.

Bus turds.... :rolleyes:

I've only seen the trailers to The Inbetweeners but it sure looks bad just from seeing the cast members.

Has anyone else been watching Bad Education? I feel like i should hate it but it's actually a half decent comedy at times, Jack Whitehall makes a much better comedy actor than he does as a stand-up and is easily the stand out star of the show just like he was in Fresh Meat. I just hope he can do something other than the posh idiot act.

• Paid Members
I've only seen the trailers to The Inbetweeners but it sure looks bad just from seeing the cast members.

Has anyone else been watching Bad Education? I feel like i should hate it but it's actually a half decent comedy at times, Jack Whitehall makes a much better comedy actor than he does as a stand-up and is easily the stand out star of the show just like he was in Fresh Meat. I just hope he can do something other than the posh idiot act.

Nearly mentioned it earlier as just saw the 5th episode today. It is really quite good. Agree on Whitehall, I'm not a big fan usually but he's decent in this. Love Matthew Horne's character too.

Love Matthew Horne's character too.

Did you see Matthew Horne on the Fantasy Football Club on Sky Sports? Sure the show is a bit of a piss about but he seemed to be plugging his theater gigs and not the show other than 'I'm in a show right now and I play a ludicrous character, which is..well...' or something to that extent. He seemed genuinely embarrassed about it.

The first episode was good to set out who everyone was, especially the kids. From the first show onwards you instantly knew their characters. Always good, especially if the show is only six weeks long and you don't have much time to let characters evolve.

• Paid Members

Bit belated but did anyone else see the first episode of the new 'The Thick Of It' last week? I thought it was a brilliant return & showed no signs of being tired or overdone. The lack of Malcolm Tucker didn't hurt it at all (although he's back tomorrow) and there were some brilliant one-liners in there. Also Will Smith :love:

I was most pleased to see Glen was still in it. Probably my favourite Thick of It character, his henpecked outbursts are hilarious (especially throwing bits of paper around his desk at the end of the christmas special). It's brilliantly written, and always has been, dating back to the Langham episodes - which are, controversially, still my favourite of the lot.