What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Re: Breaking Bad

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

What an ending indeed. I'm not sure how I feel about this season yet, though. On the one hand, its been fast moving and dramatic, astonishingly good television. On the other hand, some elements felt forced, like the murder of a child two seasons after Jesse and Walt had found the same act from Gus unspeakably evil. Just another facet in the moral descent of Walter. but maybe a little OTT.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Re: Breaking Bad

What an ending indeed. I'm not sure how I feel about this season yet, though. On the one hand, its been fast moving and dramatic, astonishingly good television. On the other hand, some elements felt forced, like the murder of a child two seasons after Jesse and Walt had found the same act from Gus unspeakably evil. Just another facet in the moral descent of Walter. but maybe a little OTT.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

To be fair to Walt and Jesse, they had no idea Todd was going to shoot the kid.

Cracking episode, a definite improvement on last week.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Last night's Breaking Bad -

What an ending.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

When he waved back at the kid (who I'd completely forgotten about, despite thinking "who's this little dweeb?" at the beginning of the episode), I sort of chuckled and thought to myself "ahhh, I quite like that Todd, I hope he's going to be in it more". But then... I think I actually gasped out loud. I don't remember the last time I gasped out loud at a TV show. Maybe when Gus's face got blown off, but that was Breaking Bad as well. I've found this season to be a bit slow so far, but it's totally redeemed itself this week. Just wonderful.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

Last night's Breaking Bad -

What an ending.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

When he waved back at the kid (who I'd completely forgotten about, despite thinking "who's this little dweeb?" at the beginning of the episode), I sort of chuckled and thought to myself "ahhh, I quite like that Todd, I hope he's going to be in it more". But then... I think I actually gasped out loud. I don't remember the last time I gasped out loud at a TV show. Maybe when Gus's face got blown off, but that was Breaking Bad as well. I've found this season to be a bit slow so far, but it's totally redeemed itself this week. Just wonderful.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It was an amazingly done episode, especially the last sequence - I was on edge just waiting for something to go wrong (I seriously had to check the amount of episode left a few times as I just sort of wanted it over). When they were celebrating I remembered the kid so pegged him seeing htme before they started turning round looking shocked. Then assumed it would end on the comical wave with the next episode dealing with what they'd do with the child and then final moment just blew me away. I wonder if they intentionally cast Jesse Plemmons (who is fairly well known for playing a very sympathetic almost comic relief character in Friday Night Lights) for that role knowing it would be more shocking when he pulled the gun out.

Although I thought the last episode was fantastic as well, the whole scene between Walt and Skyler was brutal. Breaking Bad always seems to start it's seasons slow looking at where the characters are at before the big stuff happens to push the plot forward.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Any Deadliest Catch fans on here?

Watched the first 6 seasons, 7 is ready to go tonight.

Awesome series. While the subject matter is fairly repetitive (will they catch anything, how much, and what will mother nature throw at them), it seems to keep me interested. Ice Road Truckers, the base series not the newer ones in South America, after season 4 is becoming more of a chore to watch.

Must admit:

Captain Phil's death was very, very sad. Not afraid to admit it bought a tear or two to my eyes. I watched season 4 out of order, which was the first time he had medical trouble, and it was an odd feeling knowing what was to come. I guess you become emotionaly involved with the people featured, knowing its real.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Any other shows like these I should be watching? I've tried american pickers, storage wars, and pawn stars, and didn't get into any of them. Swamp Brothers and Swamp People have been OK.

The Russell Brand documentary on drug addiction was excellent. Way, way too good for BBC fucking Three. Well written, not-as-cliched-as-usual narrative bits from Russell himself, and the usual excellent insight from him on his past life. For those (like me) who are fans of his, there's some footage of him as a junkie I've never seen before from back when he worked with Martino Sclavi in 01/02. Some is just the guerilla comedy they were trying but there's also some pretty grim stuff of Russell himself smoking crack and injecting heroin.

Anyway, a must-watch for those that like him.

EDIT: And I've just flicked over and seen the Animals episode of Brass Eye on Channel 4 for the first time in fuck knows how long. Lovely stuff.

Edited by NEWM

• Paid Members

Just got sky and I'm trying to get back into watching series of shows. Watching quite. Few at TV pace rather than box sets:

Caprica (never seen Battlestar)

This is Jinsy

VEEP

Adam Buxton BUG

True Blood Season 4

The Daily Show

Saw the first episode of Terra nova which I don't think is for my but girlfriend continues to watch

Mad Men series 1

The Middle series 1

Modern Family series 1

The never miss website for sky is really good as you can be an email reminder when a series is about to start so managed to get quite a few first series which are shown in the middle of the night or at other weird times.

• Paid Members
Soccer AM: Tubes doing the same old "You're a top man, blah blah blah" act for ANOTHER season?! :bored:

Its embarrassing stuff truly. Bunch of tv producers acting like they're still in their 20s, injokes, stupid catchphrases and nowhere near as funny as it once was.

Soccer AM: Tubes doing the same old "You're a top man, blah blah blah" act for ANOTHER season?! :bored:

Its embarrassing stuff truly. Bunch of tv producers acting like they're still in their 20s, injokes, stupid catchphrases and nowhere near as funny as it once was.

On the plus side, they have finally changed the carpark game to something more challenging that the boring and formulaic 'get the ball through the big hole in the middle of something'

Just got sky and I'm trying to get back into watching series of shows. Watching quite. Few at TV pace rather than box sets:

Caprica (never seen Battlestar)

This is Jinsy

VEEP

Adam Buxton BUG

True Blood Season 4

The Daily Show

Saw the first episode of Terra nova which I don't think is for my but girlfriend continues to watch

Mad Men series 1

The Middle series 1

Modern Family series 1

The never miss website for sky is really good as you can be an email reminder when a series is about to start so managed to get quite a few first series which are shown in the middle of the night or at other weird times.

I believe Terra Nova has been cancelled. I tried to get into it when it was originally shown but it just seemed to move far too slow for my liking and I gave up on it quite early on.

Regarding Adam Buxton's BUG; I haven't seen it, so obviously can't comment on it's quality. However, is Buxton still the twee cunt that he turned into about four years ago? I used to listen to Adam and Joe on XFM and the early 6musiic years, but his schtich went awry into weird twee related shit ages ago. It felt as though Joe couldn't even be arsed with it the last time I listened to their show.