What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

also really looking forward to this

amazing reading some posts on other places about how people think this is serious

First I've seen of this, could be quite funny.... I haven't seen many instances of a British take of Zucker Abrahams Zucker style spoof-humour, it'll likely be very hit and miss but there are some decent bits in there. 'Dat Dere Yute Club' being one of the better ones

In case you didn't know, Charlie Brooker is behind this.

• Paid Members

I actually didn't know that.....wow, don't know how that passed me by, although I do tend to avoid Brooker's columns throughout the year now so I can buy the book at the end of the year and read everything in one fell swoop. I'll definitely give it a fair chance then.

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

Breaking Bad continues to be amazing, despite moving the plot forward at a glacial pace. That's not a criticism, though. I'm struggling to think of another show in recent times aside from The Wire, Deadwood and The Shield where I've enjoyed spending as much time in its skin as this. The writing is maddeningly good and the 47-minute long episodes drift by in no time at all. It's become boring to say how great everyone involved in Breaking Bad is, and predictable that you're going to get perfection each and every time. Even the occasional on the nose moment works, because of how tight things are.

• Paid Members
Breaking Bad continues to be amazing, despite moving the plot forward at a glacial pace. That's not a criticism, though. I'm struggling to think of another show in recent times aside from The Wire, Deadwood and The Shield where I've enjoyed spending as much time in its skin as this. The writing is maddeningly good and the 47-minute long episodes drift by in no time at all. It's become boring to say how great everyone involved in Breaking Bad is, and predictable that you're going to get perfection each and every time. Even the occasional on the nose moment works, because of how tight things are.

:thumbsup:

So the "CW" channel which airs tv shows like 90210 and such like have made attempts to check in to the rights of Battle Royale so they can make a show.

Very strange.

It may well use the Battle Royale name, but it'll likely be much closer to the Hunger Games to try and attract that teen audience. Worked pretty well for them with The Vampire Diaries and Twilight.