What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

its a decent little series, it kind of loses steam as it goes but im definately hoping they do a second series.

they got renewed after the first episode aired in america as it got the highest ever ratings for AMC

a 13 part series is due later this year

• Paid Members
Thanks to the amazing Sky Atlantic, I've started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Sopranos. Both are just brilliant, especially Curb. Some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time!

I've done exactly the same. Can't believe it took me so long to get on board with either of them. Larry David is like the American Alan Partridge.

Anyone else watching Police Academy UK on BBC3? It's not half bad! They've taken a police officer from Colombia, Australia, Zambia and Samoa and sent them out on the streets with British police. Interesting stuff. Amazing to see how a fairly senior officer from Zambia look totally incompetent and the girl from Samoa (usually told to stay in the car at the sight of danger back home) looking scared half to death at Birmingham city centre on a typical Saturday night.

• Paid Members
Anyone else watching Police Academy UK on BBC3? It's not half bad! They've taken a police officer from Colombia, Australia, Zambia and Samoa and sent them out on the streets with British police. Interesting stuff. Amazing to see how a fairly senior officer from Zambia look totally incompetent and the girl from Samoa (usually told to stay in the car at the sight of danger back home) looking scared half to death at Birmingham city centre on a typical Saturday night.

I've caught bits of it. The only problem is that they're all "good cop", out of their depth when with the UK Police. They should have some Police from somewhere like China where they don't take any shit from people, and have the UK Police hold them back as they try and dish out their brand of justice on our young thugs.

They should have some Police from somewhere like China where they don't take any shit from people, and have the UK Police hold them back as they try and dish out their brand of justice on our young thugs.

Ditto Germany. You either move along when they tell you to, or they kick the shit out of you and then move you along.

Back OT: I actually finally laughed at The Ricky Gervais Show last night. I think he's more of a sitcom comedian, and I only usually watch TRGS because its on right before Bobs Burgers (another underrated show), but last nights was actually funny for once.

They should have some Police from somewhere like China where they don't take any shit from people, and have the UK Police hold them back as they try and dish out their brand of justice on our young thugs.

Ditto Germany. You either move along when they tell you to, or they kick the shit out of you and then move you along.

Back OT: I actually finally laughed at The Ricky Gervais Show last night. I think he's more of a sitcom comedian, and I only usually watch TRGS because its on right before Bobs Burgers (another underrated show), but last nights was actually funny for once.

I'm loving this atm! Everyone should give it a look :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Just started to watch "Diners, drive-ins and dives" on Food Network. Its sort of like Man vs Food, only without the challange at the end, and without the huge portion sizes. The best part of Man vs Food, for me, is just seeing all these unique food places around the US, and this show is similar to that idea. The host of a bit of a tit, but its still fairly interesting to watch if theres nothing else on.

Me too. I found the host annoying at first but as soon as I learned he's a massive stoner, and if you look at his eyes in certain episodes you can see he's totally fucked it became much more enjoyable. Makes me wish we had places like these to eat at in the UK.

I've just watched the first 2 episodes of 'Bored to Death' on Sky Atlantic. Really liking this so far, hopefully it maintains this level of quality.

Has anyone else been watching The Booth At The End on FX? It seems really compelling so far but there are only another 3 episodes left.

It's about a character played by (Christopher Kubasik) who sits in a booth in an American diner and different people visit him asking him to fulfil a dream or desire they have and in return he sets them a task they each have to complete.

FX_SP_archer.jpg

The best animated comedy going right now. Voiced by the same guy who does Carl from Family Guy (ya know, the store clerk who goes on about nudity in films).

South Park is returning soon. The last season was dire.

• Paid Members

Im just watching a TV show about four police officers from around the world (Columbia, Australia, Samoa and Zambia) learning UK policing techniques (and actually working the beats). All four officers are amazed by how much crap the UK police take and how little respect they get from the 'youths'.

edit: seems if I bothered reading back a page others have mentioned it.

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished fighting back the tears watching last night's episode of The Office. SPOILERS below for anybody just watching on Comedy Central over here (sorry, spoiler boxes won't work on my computer for some reason).

____

A really fantastic, relatively understated farewell episode to one of my all time favourite charaters on one of my all time favourite shows. As satisfying a goodbye could be considering what a desperately awful thing it is that he's leaving. I actually quite like D'Angelo Vickers, but I'm not sure how long it can go on without Michael. A great episode anyway, nicely done.

• Awards Moderator

Add me to the list.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was a great little episode and I like the way that over the season and a bit before it, you could see the office workers appreciate and respect Michael a bit more, despite his idiocy. It would have been insincere if they still viewed him in the light they did at the end of season 3. I was okay until the scene in his office with just him and Jim; when Jim started to fill up, it got to me a bit and by the time Pam caught up to him at the airport I'd already gone. A fitting goodbye to a great, great character.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Waterboy