UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I dont think so. He was booked for Hustle I believe, but pulled out due to an injury. He signed a 90 days holding contract with Spike TV in 2006 where most expected him to come in and wrestle Samoa Joe, but they stupidly brought in Vince Russo during that 90 days and he told them where to go. He's been close several times. He was booked on some tour out in the Congo but fuck knows what happened there.

He's talking with them now and he's said he wants to wrestle again, because he wants his son to see what he did. He might wrestle again, but its Goldberg and WWE so that will probably break down. I think they want him to wrestle Ryback at WrestleMania. Goldberg vs Ryback sounds like a bad one on paper. Unless its a total squash, Ryback isn't the right man to wrestle Goldberg.

Here's what he said the other week.

Who he would want to face at WrestleMania:

“If the offer is to go to WrestleMania and to wrestle him and put him over, at the end of the day, me in the ring with Ryback wouldn’t be my ultimate opponent of my choosing. I’d like to wrestle Undertaker with the streak versus streak. You know I’ve never gotten in the ring with him. Let’s give the people something they’ve never seen before. I think after everybody sees what I did out there, I can still do everything I used to do, even at 46-years-old. I’d love to wrestle him. Obviously, [steve] Austin is a dream match, but the reality is I just want to give the people what they want to see.”

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I dont think so. He was booked for Hustle I believe, but pulled out due to an injury.

Indeed. I'm quite glad he did, because Kawada vs Mick Foley (Goldy's replacement) was a really fun match that had Tricky Micky getting his head kicked off. The main event was The Outsiders vs Shinya Hashimoto & Naoya Ogawa, if you can imagine that, and was pure comedy for me.

• Paid Members

It's a good read. I've had a paper copy printed off for years in my special file sandwiched between nonsense like the Kevin Nash Powerbomb Trial and the Dean Malenko Drinking Game.

My favourite bit is :

He agreed to put Michaels over in Madison Square Garden on 11/15, Springfield or anywhere else and said he

Who do you think was more over in the WWF. Old Hacksaw Jim Duggan or the Big Boss Man?

Both team captains at Survivor Series 88....... I'd say this was probably when they were both at their peak in terms of push/popularity. It's hard to compare heels and babyfaces from that era in terms of who was more over. Do you define having a huge amount of heel heat as being over? In that case I'd say the Bossman had a slight edge.

So i was watching stuff on youtube earlier and stumbled over Survivor Series 93, with The Hart Family vs HBK and his eh, Knights.

First off, was this the only time Bret Hart has worn the shorts with his singlet? I though he looked pretty cool with it too.

And also, how long were Hart and Michaels feuding, this is barely talked about isnt it? Or am i completely wrong?

• Paid Members

Michaels was a replacement for Lawler who was supposed to captain the Knights. But Lawler had a bit of legal trouble at the time and left WWF for a little while. So Michaels and Hart weren't actively feuding at the time. I believe Michaels had just came back from a suspension in time for the Survivor Series. And unless it was on house shows, that was the only time I remember Bret wearing the singlet.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
He's talking with them now and he's said he wants to wrestle again, because he wants his son to see what he did. He might wrestle again, but its Goldberg and WWE so that will probably break down. I think they want him to wrestle Ryback at WrestleMania. Goldberg vs Ryback sounds like a bad one on paper. Unless its a total squash, Ryback isn't the right man to wrestle Goldberg.

Here's what he said the other week.

Who he would want to face at WrestleMania:

Absolutely. A 3-minute Goldberg squash for nostalgia would have been perfect on that show.

Or any "tipping of the hat" to WCW at all.

When I booked I expected all sorts of WCW love ancillary to WWE's current product, such as a big WCW name going into the Hall of Fame, or a guest appearance during the show by the likes of Goldberg.

I think the closest we got to WCW love during our time in Atlanta was sitting near some guys in Hooters who said they were WCW truck drivers (presumably transporting the ring and set).

For the avoidance of doubt, neither of them was Blacktop Bully.