UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

How robust, or even genuine, do we think the wellness policy is?

I only ask because over the last six months I've noticed an increase in chatter, like 'oh, ex-WWE guy X says its all bullshit and they're all juiced sideways, even the skinny ones'. I'd usually pass that off as a bitter ex-employee being just that, but Ian (I think) pointed out recently that Meltz has started to openly question how clean Cena is.

Do we reckon it does as it says on the tin? Do we reckon certain top stars get given a wider berth?

Or are they all gear addled morons?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
but Ian (I think) pointed out recently that Meltz has started to openly question how clean Cena is.

I dont think I said he questioned it. Cena being on HGH is just common wrestling chat. Everyone says Cena isn't clean, so thats not a new thing. Just common sense sort of tells you its near impossible to look like he does all the time with that schedule. He's doing the full whack, unlike everyone else. Cena is doing the mental schedule of 300-odd days, because he is all over the shop. Even Hogan had a belly on him at his biggest and Hogan never looked as good as Cena. And Hogan had the needle in the arse for most of his career. Cena is cut to shreds. He always looks fantastic. So that always gets alarm bells ringing. The general feeling is that the Wellness policy is genuine, but the stuff they dont test for leaves enough to get around it. If you can afford it there is stuff to take that they dont test for. One thing is for sure, there's no Benoits about these days. Even the ones using it aren't using at the rate he was. The Wellness policy has been great for the business. I dont think anyone denies that. Even if there is holes in it, its 50 times better than the alternative to how it was back in the mid-2000s when half the roster was like zombies. Its a very pro wrestling policy. Nothing is ever 100% legit and it can be bent slightly when the company needs protecting, but its as good a policy you can get in wrestling.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Luger?

He must have been. The size of some of his muscles at his unveiling at the Rumble was obscene, and some of the pics of the Narcissist in the 1993 Merlin sticker album he looked stupidly inflated. Pecs and thighs especially.

• Paid Members

I think Luger admitted as much in his book that more often than not he was on steroids for 20 years. Davey Boy probably did as well. I think there were even depositions in the lawsuit from when he crippled that lad that he was a user at the time. They were vanity steroid users. They didn't just take them for wrestling purposes. Like Crush. Crush was still using roids years after he retired. Look at Hogan. He's still massive, so you have to suspect he's doing something. Warrior's in his 50s and his forearms look like giant erect penises. People can blame Vince or whoever, but a lot of these big name wrestlers do it because its their mentality to do it. And you have to think if anyone knew the tricks of the trade and how to get around steroid testing, it would be Luger and Bulldog. I bet they were pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

JJ Dillon says in his book he's still under a confidentiality agreement never to disclose the full details of the policy in the mid-90s. So they must have had themselves covered. A lot of them really didn't need it though. Bret looked skinner than he did in the late 90s during that era. If you see Bret on wrestling with shadows, he looks bigger than he's ever been. Shawn has never had the steroid look. Diesel was covered up with his tank top. Razor looked big, but he had slimmed down from when he had those giant traps in WCW, so he might have been clean. Undertaker looked like a basketball player back then. Yokozuna was morbidly obese. The 123 Kid wasn't on anything. Jarrett had that weird cover up he wore at the time. Owen wasn't on anything either. Luger and Bulldog stood out from the pack. There really wasn't a whole lot of evidence that people were taking them at the time.

Oh, and Ahmed of course. He looked like he'd been inflated.

• Paid Members
Razor looked big, but he had slimmed down from when he had those giant traps in WCW

He looked absolutely massive in WCW in 1991, didn't he? His back acne was bloody terrible too. Worst I've probably witnessed.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I don't think a lot of wrestlers in the WWE nowadays would feel like they'd have to take something. With the exception of Cena none of the guys on top look that ripped really. Plus most of them probably spend all day eating well, working out at the gym and playing videogames rather than knocking them back at bars every night. I mean there's certain guys who are probably on something just to keep them going but they're the battered one anyway.

Yoshi Tatsu has been on the main roster since 2009 but has barely done anything in that entire time. Acknowledging that not everyone can be a top-tier player and that Tatsu is probably happy travelling the world and supporting his family, did the WWE ever have a bigger plan for Tatsu, or was he always earmarked as a bottom-rung jobber?

Hello can somebody please answer this question because its driving me insane...who sang Rick Rude's WCW theme Simply Ravishing?

It sounds so much like Tina Turner, I'm a big Tina Turner fan and it wasn't until I watched a Rick Rude match from WCW that I noticed his entrance music and straight away thought that's Tina Turner but I can't find anything about the song except that it was featured on WCW Slam Jam the CD and that it was produced by Jimmy Dee Poppa (or something like that)

I can't see why Tina would want to record an entrance song for a wrestler and it would have cost a fortune to have her do it, one thing that makes me think it could have been is that at around the same time as the song was being used, Tina's life story was made into the movie What's Love Got to do With it which was produced by Disney the same place I believe WCW filmed their TV shows?? but then again I'm sure it was after that they started the Disney MGM studio.

Here is a link to the the theme. If its not Tina then it sounds sooo much like her...

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members
Hello can somebody please answer this question because its driving me insane...who sang Rick Rude's WCW theme Simply Ravishing?

It sounds so much like Tina Turner, I'm a big Tina Turner fan and it wasn't until I watched a Rick Rude match from WCW that I noticed his entrance music and straight away thought that's Tina Turner but I can't find anything about the song except that it was featured on WCW Slam Jam the CD and that it was produced by Jimmy Dee Poppa (or something like that)

I can't see why Tina would want to record an entrance song for a wrestler and it would have cost a fortune to have her do it, one thing that makes me think it could have been is that at around the same time as the song was being used, Tina's life story was made into the movie What's Love Got to do With it which was produced by Disney the same place I believe WCW filmed their TV shows?? but then again I'm sure it was after that they started the Disney MGM studio.

Here is a link to the the theme. If its not Tina then it sounds sooo much like her...

It most deffo wasn't Tina Turner. I know you pointed as some interesting coincidences in that post. But she didn't.

It most deffo wasn't Tina Turner. I know you pointed as some interesting coincidences in that post. But she didn't.

It was the Grand Theft All Star band.

• Paid Members

Does she though? She sounds like some early 90s Stars In Your Eyes act. Its not like she's a dead ringer or anything. Tina Turner's voice is about 80 times stronger than the Rick Rude lady. Cant say I've ever thought the woman was anything other than someone WCW dragged off the street.

A bloke called Jimmy Papa wrote, produced and arranged the song. He has a youtube channel, so inbox him and ask who it was. He'll probably reply. I doubt Grand Theft All Star is a real band. Like how the Wrestling Boot Band was just Jimmy Hart and his mate sat in a studio fucking about with a keyboard. They probably just needed a name to go with the album so it didn't say "Michael Hayes on a slap bass" on the liner notes.